Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 1: Atlanta Motor Speedway - Oval (Dec 19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Atlanta Motor Speedway - Oval.png

Laps: 145

Sim Date/Time: 2022-03-01 12:00 1x

Last edited by a moderator:

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
@NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S1

Alrighty Crew, tonight we kick off the new round of Seasons for the PRL. The final 5 minutes of practice I will take over comms in iRacing for a pre-race meeting amd will answer any questions out there, but here are some notes for the new crew to keep in mind for tonight:
  • On the initial start and restarts, there is no 3 wide allowed before T1. If there is a restart later in the race and a damage car is slow getting up to speed, then it is allowed to make a move on that car. Overall, this rule is mainly to prevent "Kyle Busching" the start. Lets keep it smooth and not cause any immediate cautions.
  • All cautions are automatically reviewed by the Stewards. If you feel like there was a situation for the Stewards to address that did not cause a caution, please submit a protest form.
  • No funny business on pit road. Keep right when traveling, hold a steady speed, and no just driving thru pit boxes endlessly (you are allowed 5 stalls entering and leaving).
  • When we get to green flag pit stops, call it out over iRacing chat that you are going to pit to avoid getting run over. Give enough time for those behind you to prepare. If you don't call it out and slow on the racing line and get hit, you are at fault.
  • Black Flags
    • Basic speeding on pit road or crossing the apron line too soon will not be cleared
    • If you dive onto pit road to avoid an incident and speed, we will clear that free of charge. Same with unsafe pit entry if you enter pit road late to miss a wreck. If anyone pits in this kind of scenario, the black flag will not be cleared.
    • Passing under yellow will be cleared because the penalty to be served under green is ridiculous. If your flag is cleared and it was due to someone else's negligence, you will keep your spot. If you made a mistake incidentally, you will be given and EOL for the restart, but no penalty to be served under green.
    • Don't lollygag catching up to the pace car. If you are hurt and need an EOL, call it out. If the person behind you needs to pass and they are no where to be found, just go ahead and catch up to the pack and we will clear the black flag.
  • Keep comms cool and collected. It is ok to coordinate with someone, call out pit stops, lapped cars talking with lead lap cars on where they should go, and any good natured comments. Lets try not to keep it clogged up with chat, especially during pit stops when peeps need to communicate. When a wreck happens, feel free to call it out where it is on track. After that, the next comms should be the leaders calling out where the pace car is. After we are all coordinated, if someone wants to apologize, that's cool. But I will not have arguing or endless salt in my chats.

Those are some of the more needed basics for the league. We have 145 laps tonight. Keep it green, that's 2 green flag pits stops. There is plenty of time for peeps to get to where they need to go, so lets be smart and patient early when are all grouped up in a draft pack. The challenge for the league this year to avoid the cautions we had last year, especially on the intermediate tracks. Lets put on a good show tonight gents.

James Duerr

Premium Member
Name
James J.Duerr
iRacing ID
Guys, I don't even know what to say...
Sorry for that stack up coming to the white flag. Just a bonehead move on my part.
I saw someone sideways in my mirror and began slowing for a caution that never came. Had some chatter on discord and just didn't catch my mistake until contact. So sorry!

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
Wowzers. Saw some great stuff, saw some bad stuff. Not always aggression either, sometimes just craft, consistency, and care.

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
He held his line, octavio chose to go lower and clean him out. Im not sure why you didnt see that. We dont need people who are dirty like that here. He has constantly had issues with clean racecraft. To add, after he took him out, he tried to back into not just me but Josh too.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Before everybody gets their panties in a wad, let me waste even more time of my life having to do all these reviews after getting my night ruined on the 1st lap because somebody was not being patient like I asked. Pretty much the only thing I ever ask is patience. So before any of this turns into a flame thread, I'll have the official ruling out tonight or tomorrow and then we can discuss at that point for those that might have a different opinion.

rondo48

Premium Member
Name
Octavio Rondoletto
iRacing ID
He held his line, octavio chose to go lower and clean him out. Im not sure why you didnt see that. We dont need people who are dirty like that here. He has constantly had issues with clean racecraft. To add, after he took him out, he tried to back into not just me but Josh too.
View attachment 1863
But there is all this space up here that he could have easily taken we all know the middle lane is the fastest lane for these next gen cars.
Before everybody gets their panties in a wad, let me waste even more time of my life having to do all these reviews after getting my night ruined on the 1st lap because somebody was not being patient like I asked. Pretty much the only thing I ever ask is patience. So before any of this turns into a flame thread, I'll have the official ruling out tonight or tomorrow and then we can discuss at that point for those that might have a different opinion.
At first I said "stay high". And second everybody saw in the broadcast that was intentional wrecking, but no problem... you have the bad image, not me.
ANYBODY of Juncos will be part of a circus.

Good luck for all.

Taylor Burris

Premium Member
Name
Taylor Burris
iRacing ID
How was it intentional when u turned me then proceeded to try and wipe out oncoming traffics. And second we didn’t hear you say anything over the radio. Finally in Motorsport it the job of the faster car to get around lap traffic not for lap traffic to move out of the way plus I was fighting for my lap. So maybe you need to reconsider how u drive because from what I saw u kept going lower when you couldn’t. But it’s cool we all know how you drive.

rondo48

Premium Member
Name
Octavio Rondoletto
iRacing ID
How was it intentional when u turned me then proceeded to try and wipe out oncoming traffics. And second we didn’t hear you say anything over the radio. Finally in Motorsport it the job of the faster car to get around lap traffic not for lap traffic to move out of the way plus I was fighting for my lap. So maybe you need to reconsider how u drive because from what I saw u kept going lower when you couldn’t. But it’s cool we all know how you drive.
Yes, you know how I drive. Faster than all of you becuase I was in front of all of your team and you had to wreck me to win.

This place isn´t to show your hard feelings, make a protest and be formal.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Thread is locked until I deem otherwise. I'm not here to babysit squabbles. Everyone needs to take the night and chill the hell out, and I'll be happy to continue this conversation when the official ruling are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.