Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Rigs

Sucuri

Talking to Tron this week inspired me to start this rig thread. We talk a lot about wheels and pedals, but we rarely touch on rigs. What do you guys use now? What have you used in the past? 

When I got my wheel and pedals in Dec 2016 to try out, I didn't quite realize its not something you set down on your computer desk and have a go at it! So behold the ultimate budget sim racing rig! (attached image)

Table = from the trash (nothing in my apt could stand the FFB)
Chair = 10$ at Walmart (all my chairs had wheels in them...)

I have a SUBSTANTIAL upgrade arriving on Wednesday, so by next week I should have an update pic

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 117

LAcadien

Premium Member
I have a G27 mount on a Yamaha iron piano stand.. i screwed it to make sure it stay well fix, dont have any prob with it. My chair is one of those chair looking a little bit like a car seat but with speakers in it and subwoofer at the back.

Sucuri

LAcadien said:
I have a G27 mount on a Yamaha iron piano stand.. i screwed it to make sure it stay well fix, dont have any prob with it. My chair is one of those chair looking a little bit like a car seat but with speakers in it and subwoofer at the back.

Sounds sturdy, do you have the seat attached to the piano stand? I found that my chair was at slightly different positions every session.

LAcadien

Premium Member
Sucuri said:
LAcadien said:

Sounds sturdy, do you have the seat attached to the piano stand? I found that my chair was at slightly different positions every session.

no..dont need to.. my char have a big iron base so it dont move around ;)

Sucuri

After receiving a damaged seat, having replacements sent, and a whole lot of adjustments here it is, my new rig!
There was quite a sizable side to side shake when setup on carpet. Ran to Home Depot and got that board you see. There is still some vibrations. When the car hits bumps the FFB sends vibrations that I can feel on the pedals, its actually quite nice once I got used to it. I might drill some holes and fasten the rig to the board and see how it goes, haven't decided yet.
Raced against Tron in Suzuka last night, I can only describe it as an out of body experience, felt really fast!
See you guys Wednesday!  

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    722.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    627.1 KB · Views: 85

LAcadien

Premium Member
Sucuri said:
After receiving a damaged seat, having replacements sent, and a whole lot of adjustments here it is, my new rig!
There was quite a sizable side to side shake when setup on carpet. Ran to Home Depot and got that board you see. There is still some vibrations. When the car hits bumps the FFB sends vibrations that I can feel on the pedals, its actually quite nice once I got used to it. I might drill some holes and fasten the rig to the board and see how it goes, haven't decided yet.
Raced against Tron in Suzuka last night, I can only describe it as an out of body experience, felt really fast!
See you guys Wednesday!  

That is really nice man!! One day i will have mine! ;)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Sucuri said:
See you guys Wednesday!  

Awesome!

Zephyr

Sucuri said:
See you guys Wednesday!  

oh      my      god.    is this what heaven is?   sick setup dude

Tron4949

Premium Member
$12 upgrade using my old phone.  It's not a great mount job at the moment but there will be time for that later.  Would love to get a slightly smaller screen and drop it in the middle of the wheel.  Reason # 9269 why Android is better.  Thanks to Darklol for the software suggestion, will have more details after I run a few laps in non TT mode.  Pumped about this! 
20180807_203806.jpg

Sucuri

Tron4949 said:
$12 upgrade using my old phone.  It's not a great mount job at the moment but there will be time for that later.  Would love to get a slightly smaller screen and drop it in the middle of the wheel.  Reason # 9269 why Android is better.  Thanks to Darklol for the software suggestion, will have more details after I run a few laps in non TT mode.  Pumped about this! 
20180807_203806.jpg

Wow that looks cool! Is that tire temps?!?  :eek:

Tron4949

Premium Member
Sucuri said:
Tron4949 said:
20180807_203806.jpg

Wow that looks cool! Is that tire temps?!?  :eek:

o yeah.  you can customize ALL OF IT
20180807_212038.jpg

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Tron4949 said:
20180807_203806.jpg

Can you give me the link of what you bought? I want this! 

Sucuri

jeromef1 said:
Tron4949 said:
20180807_203806.jpg

Seriously! 

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
jeromef1 said:
Tron4949 said:
20180807_203806.jpg

https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/

There's many games supported. If you have a old android phone or tablet doing nothing use it for this !