Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Results, Standings, and Scoring System

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID

Scoring System
Drivers must start the race and finish 50% of the race distance completed by the winner to score points determined by final race order. Drivers that do not satisfy this requirement will be issued a DNF. All drivers will have 1 drop week. Points will be scored in race finishing order.

1st - 35 points
2nd - 32 points
3rd - 30 points
4th - 28 points
5th - 26 points
6th - 25 points
7th - 24 points
8th - 23 points
9th - 22 points
10th - 21 points
11th - 20 points
12th - 19 points
13th - 18 points
14th - 17 points
15th - 16 points
16th - 15 points
17th - 14 points
18th - 13 points
19th - 12 points
20th - 11 points
21st - 10 points
22nd - 9 points
23rd - 8 points
24th - 7 points
25th - 6 points
26th - 5 points
27th - 4 points
28th - 3 points
29th - 2 points
30th - 1 point

Bonus Points:

Fastest Lap = 1 point
Pole Position = 1 point
3 incidents and less = 1 point (must complete 50% of race distance)

*Note - Bonus points will not be issued to drivers that are issued a DNF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Results are incoming. I have a ritual I have to do to please the spreadsheet gods before the results will be accurate.

ruffalostarks

Premium Member
Full Name
Stephen Varady
iRacing ID
Hey, I noticed that on both the drivers spreadsheet and the broadcast, I am not listed as a Rust Racing driver. However, my points are being properly tabulated under the Rust Racing team. Is it possible to correct that? Thanks!

gseitz

Premium Member
Full Name
Greg Seitz
iRacing ID
Hi, a couple of questions regarding the team scoring:

First, the totals don't add up for me and my teammate Stephen. We scored 33+21 in R1 for 54 pts, and 38+33 in R2 for 71 pts which should total 125 but the team scores show us getting 51+67 for a total of 118.

Second, it looks like you are using the wrong points for the Amateur contribution to the total, seems it should be using global points not class points for team scores. For example it looks like your team received a total of 65 points last round for a combined finish of 4th and 11th vs Rust receiving 67 pts for a 1st and 2nd overall finish.

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Hi Greg, sorry for the delay. I meant to reply sooner but got busy and totally didn't forget.

The team championship points are calculating as intended. We chose to go with division finishes to give everyone a chance to contribute to a team. I belive it was myself last season that used the wording global standings when referring to this seasons team championship. I will take blame for that as I was speaking a bit preemptively, and honestly didn't think Tyler would be able to tweak the spreadsheet to track it otherwise. As usual he proved me wrong and we were able to go the direction we wanted. Sorry if I caused confusion.

You are correct though that there is an issue with some points totals on the team championship side. From what I can see the spreadsheet is not taking bonus points into the total,and it should. We (who am I kidding Tyler) will try and get it fixed up soon. Thanks for the heads up.

I encourage everyone to speak up if you see issues like this, as sometimes fresh eyes will see things that we will gloss over. I for one appreciate someone pointing it out so we can get it fixed up.

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Thanks Gunner.

Maintaining these sheets is not easy, and I do appreciate you guys helping spot any errors. Over the years these bastards have become over complicated as features get added and series rules change. We are working on a non-spreadsheet based scoring system, but spare time is a rare commodity these days.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:

DAVE_MENNENOH

Premium Member
Full Name
David Mennenoh
iRacing ID
Hi PRL team - I had iRacing change my name from David Mennenoh to Dave Mennenoh. I'm not sure if that will screw things up in the spreadsheet moving forward, but just wanted to call that out. Ken Rodriguez overrode the PRL roster in the Monday League so it didn't mess up the spreadsheet (screenshot below).

1612887927958.png

Sorry if this creates extra work! Didn't really think through the potential impact of making that change mid season!

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Updated with round 8. Let me know if anyone sees issues, as this was a much more manual entry than normal. Note that as said before, there was no 50% race distance rule applied. Also for the curious, I left the interval times out of the consolation race finishers, so you can sort of see the break in the spreadsheet to know who was in the feature race and who in the consolation.

Reactions: TRG