Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Results, Standings and Records

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
[iframe]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRWWKEuT3xegGvJofSct_W2X05xgrRoFVoJlathvRcrIsDFcdms07hiKn2xXC7afUB6PtKFh0spStO9/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false, 800, 900[/iframe]

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Updated with Round 1

HBHarrison

Name
Congrats on the win Rachel. I apologize for that single incident (caution #2) I didn't even have 4th gear after my team got involved in the first wreck (my top speed was now 145mph) I was hoping for a quick caution so I could get more repairs done but knew I should have just pitted earlier. I stayed up high until everyone passed or so I thought. I race in VR and apparently I'm blind as I thought I was clear to dip down and pit last second... And I was not clear and literally had a jump scare (in VR) as another truck came low and to me, came out of nowhere.
I realize now I should have just went to the pits earlier and avoided the embarrassing moment!

Great race for everyone else and see ya next week!

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Updated with Round 2

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
tcallahan707 said:
Can someone explain caution penalties for me? I'm not sure why I have 4 points.

I will have Charles look at that for you. You should have 0 caution penalties but 4x under incident points. It looks like it has something to do with a formula in the spreadsheet

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Formula error was addressed, apologies for that.

tcallahan707

Name
I attempted to send a PM but it sits in the outbox and then is eventually gone, but nothing shows in sent.

I noticed that I received a penalty for 3 wide on a restart. I'm aware of the rule and clearly I broke it. Can you help me understand how to approach a damaged/slow car situation in the future, as I'm unsure. Am I required to wait behind them no matter the situation?

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
tcallahan707 said:
I attempted to send a PM but it sits in the outbox and then is eventually gone, but nothing shows in sent.

I noticed that I received a penalty for 3 wide on a restart. I'm aware of the rule and clearly I broke it. Can you help me understand how to approach a damaged/slow car situation in the future, as I'm unsure. Am I required to wait behind them no matter the situation?

If I remember correctly, if it’s in your outbox, it has been sent but not read yet. But don’t quote me on that. 

To the 3 wide on a restart question, if someone misses a shift or has significant engine damage, we are usually pretty lenient when it comes to not calling a penalty on those situations. If someone just has a bad restart or the line gets checked up, that’s when we ask drivers to stay in their lines to avoid any unnecessary 3 wide going into the first turn. It might be a little tough to tell what it is so we try to have guys call out if they have engine damage on a restart and I know some call out if they miss a shift too. The best bet for you in the future would to stay in line unless you hear something like that. Let me know if I can help or clarify anything else for you. And I appreciate the question and the way you asked for clarification