Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Results of Test Race

Billy Rowlee

I setup a test race, and wasn't full, but a few of us stayed around for it. I set the exact same format as our standard PRL league, with the fixed setup we ran tonight. The difference was I took it to 20 minutes of practice, starting at 0% track usage. So doing this saved 10 minutes of track time, and 20% off the start. So rather than qualifying on a track at 60% or 70% usage, we may have been out there on 35% at most. Qualifying times were all within a half second, and there was two grooves in the race. I can't remember who it was but in the feature we ran side by side for 5 or 6 laps till a yellow came out. The track was far more stable to race on, and didn't have an overpowered amount of grip, but still had enough to where you weren't forced to one lane, and wasn't in fear of spinning out every lap. 

After talking with Trevor after the race, we kinda thought that starting the track off on 10% usage, keeping the 30 minutes of practice as normal, then before qualifying go to 25% track usage. That way there is still two lanes for the heat races and feature. Thoughts? 
Also, the main thing that I've seen with setup is that everybody is loose, and has the wings all the way back. Going to something like this would help out a lot with that, and provide closer racing I think. But on that note as well, these cars are scanned by iRacing as a XXX chassis, but the setups are based off of a Maxim. All the setups I build for myself (and I'm not stellar in open setup races), I go off of that baseline. What if we went to that sort of baseline, and just changed gear and fuel each week? I'm not saying we would have to use that one for instance. Basically run the same setup at every track, which would be the Maxim baseline. What night would work to setup a hosted room, with that setup in it so people can try it and give feedback if that's something we want to do as a group? Like I said, I'm not trying to use "my setup" or anything, but the ones from iRacing frankly suck. They're all built with the wings all the way in the back, and it just makes it a struggle. If you would like to see the Maxim setup sheet, here is the link to it. Try it out with 25 gallons of fuel and see what you think, better or worse. 

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51e5da9ee4b05ef2d656550d/t/571ecb694d088ebb71605f58/1461635945462/Maxim+305.360+Wing+Set-up+Sheet+5.24.13.pdf

Sorry for the long winded post, but wanted to get this stuff out while it was still fresh in my brain.

Ken Osborne

Billy it was us that ran side by side for a handful of laps. I thought the test race was really good. I know it wasn't a full room, but it definitely provided a better race than the loose stuff we have been doing. I am available Wednesday night this week for sure any time, I know there is a truck league that runs Wed nights tho. Other than that its football with my oldest all week and then Eldora all weekend for me.

Personally it makes no difference to me what we continue on with, as long as we do continue on. I love this league and we are definitely moving in the right direction. Thank you Billy for putting the extra room up last night.

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
Billy I would like to start off saying ty for your help in trying to make this a closer racing scenario 2 thumbs up for that. I think with the test that you guys ran with trevor should be tried this week. we are only in are second season and were getting better input each week due to drivers like you and Anthony and I know I appreciate that. trevor and I talked and ill get him to post a setup so people can start testing. gonna be hard for me to practice as I barely have time to run the races I do but if you host a room ill try my best to get into it

Billy Rowlee

Not a problem at all John. This is a good group, just want to see it succeed. I think there is a lot of interest, it's just a matter of getting it to where guys can race and have a good time while still learning. I'll probably throw up a few rooms this weekend to check some things out, maybe have a practice race where we are racing this week. But i'll definitely have a lobby setup Monday night before the official race.