Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Request for Vote: Allowable # of Missed Races

FKNCommishLB

Premium Member
Full Name
James LeBlond
iRacing ID
Gentlemen,

With us transitioning to an entry fee, I also would like to address the fact that sometimes our schedule just causes us to not be available. Case in point: I have to miss tomorrow due to being given tickets to take my son to his first ever Red Sox game at Fenway Park.

Because people are paying, I'd like to propose that individuals now be allowed to miss no more than THREE(3) races in a season before they lose their seat to the waiting list. This basically requires paying individuals to minimally say they will be in attendance to 2/3 of the season. I do not feel the worst race drop rule should change, but just wish to support the risk of a busy schedule costing someone a race.

If Jerome & Dany permit this to a vote, I'd like to hear if this makes sense to the rest of the league.

Thanks for reading,

LB

shawnkenning

I not against it but I'm not sure how it will affect the amount of cars actually showing up for each round. Might get complicated but maybe split the seasons into 2 halves and you can only miss 2 in one half and 1 in the other. Might help keep people from missing rounds 7/8/9 which is seeming to be what is happening this season. Again, I can see it being tough but just a thought.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
FKNCommishLB said:
Gentlemen,

With us transitioning to an entry fee, I also would like to address the fact that sometimes our schedule just causes us to not be available. Case in point: I have to miss tomorrow due to being given tickets to take my son to his first ever Red Sox game at Fenway Park.

Because people are paying, I'd like to propose that individuals now be allowed to miss no more than THREE(3) races in a season before they lose their seat to the waiting list. This basically requires paying individuals to minimally say they will be in attendance to 2/3 of the season. I do not feel the worst race drop rule should change, but just wish to support the risk of a busy schedule costing someone a race.

If Jerome & Dany permit this to a vote, I'd like to hear if this makes sense to the rest of the league.

Thanks for reading,

LB

James,

Let me explain why we implemented the 2 races missed and you're out last season...

At the start of each season, we have new drivers that sign-up and do 1 or 2 races and vanishes.   With last season's record sign-up, we had to have a waiting list.  As you noticed, again some drivers just showed up for 1 or 2 races and vanished without warning.

As a regular, you know that when you are gonna miss a race, you just have to post it in the race week forum, telling us 'Guy, can't race tonight, cause blblblblblblb'.  We have an attendance record and we know who is missing a race with a reason.  So even if you miss 4 races next season, and you tell us when you are missing a race, you won't lose your spot in the series.  With that said, this season is a paid season, so I think that we won't have those kind of guys that sign-up and do 1 or 2 races, or even not showing up.

We know our regulars, and want to keep them....so no worries....

FKNCommishLB

Premium Member
Full Name
James LeBlond
iRacing ID
Thanks for the clarification. If providing advanced notice of other activities like I did (and had a blast doing last night) does not put you at real risk of losing your seat, then I will gladly remove my request for a vote. I was worried I can have my seat at risk for next season.