Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Request for Feedback From The Community

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
Hi guys, I'd like to get some feedback from everyone regarding the Tuesday GTE series, participation or lack thereof and to just all around gather the ideas and reasons as to why some drivers have opted to not return to the Tuesday series. We started out the season 3 pretty strong and were averaging around 30 drivers until the mid-season break. After that, our numbers started to tumble drastically and just tonight for the final round 10 at ViR, we had a very dismal 11 drivers show up.

One of my goals as an Organizer of this league is to listen to the feedback of the membership and bring these ideas and suggestions back to the Directorship. In addition to these methods, we also have the suggestion forum where you can submit ideas to the league for review. It may take a while to get implemented if it is decided to do so, but do not be discouraged. Continue to submit your suggestions. It is how we influence changes that ultimately benefit the league overall.

So nothing is off limits here in terms of your feedback. Everyone's opinion is very relevant and I am sincerely interested in reading your thoughts and ideas. The only thing I ask is that you be constructive and not destructive in your feedback. Do not attack any one person or an admin of this league. We have standards and processes in place to deal with any issues between two or more people and if you are not familiar, you can PM me and I'd be happy to assist you. Do not attack anyone else's ideas or thoughts. Everyone here is relevant to the building, expansion and growth of this league.

Fire away.

Hola chicos, me gustaría recibir comentarios de todos con respecto a la serie GTE del martes, la participación o falta de ella y reunir las ideas y razones de por qué algunos pilotos han optado por no regresar a la serie martes. Comenzamos la temporada 3 bastante fuertes y teníamos un promedio de alrededor de 30 pilotos hasta el receso de mitad de temporada. Después de eso, nuestros números comenzaron a caer drásticamente y solo esta noche para la última ronda 10 en ViR, tuvimos 11 pilotos muy pésimos.

Uno de mis objetivos como Organizador de esta liga es escuchar los comentarios de los miembros y llevar estas ideas y sugerencias a la Dirección. Además de estos métodos, también tenemos el foro de sugerencias donde puede enviar ideas a la liga para su revisión. Puede llevar un tiempo implementarlo si se decide hacerlo, pero no se desanime. Continúe enviando sus sugerencias. Es la forma en que influimos en los cambios que, en última instancia, benefician a la liga en general.

Así que nada está fuera de los límites aquí en términos de sus comentarios. La opinión de todos es muy relevante y estoy sinceramente interesado en leer sus pensamientos e ideas. Lo único que le pido es que sea constructivo y no destructivo en sus comentarios. No ataque a ninguna persona o administrador de esta liga. Contamos con estándares y procesos para resolver cualquier problema entre dos o más personas y, si no está familiarizado, puede enviarme un mensaje de correo electrónico y estaré encantado de ayudarle. No ataque las ideas o pensamientos de nadie más. Todos aquí son relevantes para la construcción, expansión y crecimiento de esta liga.

Dispara.

Olá pessoal, gostaria de receber alguns comentários de todos a respeito da série GTE de terça-feira, participação ou falta dela e de reunir todas as ideias e razões pelas quais alguns pilotos optaram por não voltar à série de terça-feira. Começamos a 3ª temporada bem fortes e tínhamos uma média de 30 pilotos até o intervalo do meio da temporada. Depois disso, nossos números começaram a cair drasticamente e só hoje à noite, para a rodada final 10 no ViR, tivemos 11 pilotos muito tristes aparecerem.

Um dos meus objetivos como organizador desta liga é ouvir o feedback dos membros e trazer essas idéias e sugestões de volta à Diretoria. Além desses métodos, também temos o fórum de sugestões, onde você pode enviar ideias para análise da liga. Pode demorar um pouco para ser implementado se for decidido fazê-lo, mas não desanime. Continue a enviar suas sugestões. É como influenciamos as mudanças que beneficiam a liga como um todo.

Portanto, nada está fora dos limites aqui em termos de feedback. A opinião de todos é muito relevante e estou sinceramente interessado em ler seus pensamentos e ideias. A única coisa que peço é que seja construtivo e não destrutivo em seu feedback. Não ataque qualquer pessoa ou administrador desta liga. Temos padrões e processos em vigor para lidar com quaisquer problemas entre duas ou mais pessoas e, se você não estiver familiarizado, pode me enviar uma mensagem e ficaremos felizes em ajudá-lo. Não ataque as idéias ou pensamentos de outra pessoa. Todos aqui são relevantes para a construção, expansão e crescimento desta liga.

Manda brasa.

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
I can think of 4 drivers off the top of my head that left for various reasons...

Abner - Family member passing
Bruno - Penalty
Chris - Pedals broke
Javi - Unsure, but when he quit from Le Mans I thought he might not be back

My suspicion is two of them left when the championship and or a good points finish was no longer possible.

Rafael didn't run the last race due to family commitment.

There's 5 drivers that would have more than likely been on the grid for the last race.

I personally will not be back next season for reason's I posted in the VIR thread, but the short version is basically burnout. I think it's more complicated than that but that's the easiest explanation. I think a lot of drivers join the series with big expectations. When those expectations get brought back to reality, and this season this might've been especially true since the quality of drivers was very high, I think they decide to park it.

For instance, if a driver joins thinking, "Yeah, I can do well here. Top 5's every race." Then they show up the first 4-5 weeks, never qualify better than 10th and get their butts handed to them by 30 seconds a race, they decide the hell with it. I suffered from that very thing last season. I stuck with it because I'll be damned if I don't give it my best everytime I roll it off the virtual hauler. The only way to get better is to race the best, but a lot of drivers don't see it like that and a lot of them aren't going to put in the time to keep getting beat.

Up to round 7 we had at least 24 drivers on the grid with 5 still in it for the championship. From Round 8 on we never had more than 19, which falls into the area I'm talking about of competitiveness. Combine that with some of the penalties that came down guys just figured it wasn't worth it with no chance for the results they had hoped for. 

I was a little surprised that with R8 being Sebring and R9 at Le Mans we didn't have more drivers are those are usually two popular tracks. VIR wasn't that surprising with the low turnout because no one likes that place except for a handful of us. I expected 15 cars probably so 11 was a little bit of a surprise, but not that much of one when you consider that 3 drivers listed here we pretty well knew wouldn't be there. 

Just to touch on something I mentioned, penalties. My personal opinion on one of them aside, I'm sure some guys think some of the penalties they were leveled were unfair and I'm not so sure people realize when they signup how seriously the competitors and PRL take it. You simply cannot race the same way you do in official in the league and expect nothing will happen if you drive like a dope. It always gets brought up that, "If you don't like official, run a league, they're cleaner." Yes they are, but I think a lot of people don't really understand WHY that is. Real or perceived inconsistency in the stewarding falls into this category. 

One last thing then I'll stop... I was very much on the fence about racing next season before my own issues came to light and that's due to the horrendous schedule the IMSA community voted for. That's not PRL's fault at all, actually none of what I said is. I expect participation in S4 of the official races to be lower in quality and only bolstered by the new LMP2 coming. As a result, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't expect a bumper crop of competitors for the league next season. 30-35 signups with maybe an average of 25 cars per race for the first half. Again, I really hope I'm wrong there. 

Conclusion, a combination of uncompetitiveness from the bottom half of the grid, burnout, track schedule and penalties I think causes the drop. What can be done about that I don't know, probably not a lot. You can't manage people's expectation for them and you can't do much for the burnout factor. The schedule is a can of worms that's best left closed and the penalties are clearly defined. Only in-race stewarding might help that but I don't think it would do anything for participation. 

Perhaps some kind of rewards offered would help keep some drivers around... Most improved, hard charger, little virtual trophies for the top 5 in points, etc. Some incentive to stick around and see it out. Need to think on that more.

OK, enough of my ramblings. 

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
What Michael said is the reason I left the series. It's become so competitive with the highest level drivers.
When I 1st started, we had a group of former motorcycle races battling it out mid pack. With the exception of a few it would be hard to run top 20 let alone top 10. The reason Jessie did not run this season was that he did not have the time to put in practicing to be competitive.

Paulowsky21

Premium Member
Name
Paulo Munoz
iRacing ID
westracing01 said:
I can think of 4 drivers off the top of my head that left for various reasons...

Abner - Family member passing
Bruno - Penalty
Chris - Pedals broke
Javi - Unsure, but when he quit from Le Mans I thought he might not be back

My suspicion is two of them left when the championship and or a good points finish was no longer possible.

Rafael didn't run the last race due to family commitment.

There's 5 drivers that would have more than likely been on the grid for the last race.

I personally will not be back next season for reason's I posted in the VIR thread, but the short version is basically burnout. I think it's more complicated than that but that's the easiest explanation. I think a lot of drivers join the series with big expectations. When those expectations get brought back to reality, and this season this might've been especially true since the quality of drivers was very high, I think they decide to park it.

For instance, if a driver joins thinking, "Yeah, I can do well here. Top 5's every race." Then they show up the first 4-5 weeks, never qualify better than 10th and get their butts handed to them by 30 seconds a race, they decide the hell with it. I suffered from that very thing last season. I stuck with it because I'll be damned if I don't give it my best everytime I roll it off the virtual hauler. The only way to get better is to race the best, but a lot of drivers don't see it like that and a lot of them aren't going to put in the time to keep getting beat.

Up to round 7 we had at least 24 drivers on the grid with 5 still in it for the championship. From Round 8 on we never had more than 19, which falls into the area I'm talking about of competitiveness. Combine that with some of the penalties that came down guys just figured it wasn't worth it with no chance for the results they had hoped for. 

I was a little surprised that with R8 being Sebring and R9 at Le Mans we didn't have more drivers are those are usually two popular tracks. VIR wasn't that surprising with the low turnout because no one likes that place except for a handful of us. I expected 15 cars probably so 11 was a little bit of a surprise, but not that much of one when you consider that 3 drivers listed here we pretty well knew wouldn't be there. 

Just to touch on something I mentioned, penalties. My personal opinion on one of them aside, I'm sure some guys think some of the penalties they were leveled were unfair and I'm not so sure people realize when they signup how seriously the competitors and PRL take it. You simply cannot race the same way you do in official in the league and expect nothing will happen if you drive like a dope. It always gets brought up that, "If you don't like official, run a league, they're cleaner." Yes they are, but I think a lot of people don't really understand WHY that is. Real or perceived inconsistency in the stewarding falls into this category. 

One last thing then I'll stop... I was very much on the fence about racing next season before my own issues came to light and that's due to the horrendous schedule the IMSA community voted for. That's not PRL's fault at all, actually none of what I said is. I expect participation in S4 of the official races to be lower in quality and only bolstered by the new LMP2 coming. As a result, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't expect a bumper crop of competitors for the league next season. 30-35 signups with maybe an average of 25 cars per race for the first half. Again, I really hope I'm wrong there. 

Conclusion, a combination of uncompetitiveness from the bottom half of the grid, burnout, track schedule and penalties I think causes the drop. What can be done about that I don't know, probably not a lot. You can't manage people's expectation for them and you can't do much for the burnout factor. The schedule is a can of worms that's best left closed and the penalties are clearly defined. Only in-race stewarding might help that but I don't think it would do anything for participation. 

Perhaps some kind of rewards offered would help keep some drivers around... Most improved, hard charger, little virtual trophies for the top 5 in points, etc. Some incentive to stick around and see it out. Need to think on that more.

OK, enough of my ramblings. 

Last night when Kenny mentioned he was posting a feedback thread, I started thinking about what to write. No need to write anything though, because Michael just did for me lol. I 100% agree with what he wrote. Maybe a rule has to be added to keep people racing until the end of the season. I think next season is gonna be a tough one of the league, due to the bad IMSA schedule and the new GT3 league on mondays. I hope I'm wrong though.

CalquiN

Name
Horacio Calquin
iRacing ID
After watching a couple of leagues in Latin America, there is a league mode that is being very attractive for drivers and spectators. Short races of 20 and 30 minutes with an inverted grid in the final. They give the slowest drivers a chance to contest positions against the best in a final race. Leaving behind long races and a lot of fuel saving tactics, making these drivers try to go as fast as possible in a short time. At least here in South America they work perfectly, the participation of the drivers remains intact until the end, since there is always a possibility of moving forward no matter how slow you are and forces the fastest to have to risk more than they do today.

I hope they consider it, for the spectators it is a very attractive modality, since seeing the fastest having to try to reach the P1 in the final race is a challenge.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I've raced in a league that does that.
If it's a tight knit group it works.
But you also have those that try to come from the back of the field who are very impatient and cause wrecks.
I doubt we will ever do that.

CalquiN

Name
Horacio Calquin
iRacing ID
I understood that this is a serious league, apparently not even the organization itself believes it....

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I have not followed the series this season.
But your suggestions are always welcome.
You should fill out the form
https://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=3752