Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Race Your Way In

Status
Not open for further replies.

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Like previous seasons, we will host 2 races to determine who will qualified to a full time seat for the Sunday Series. You will have to race your way in if:[/font]
[ul]
[li]You are a new driver to the league[/li]
[li]You have not signed up for the previous season[/li]
[/ul]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If you must race your way in, it will be mandatory for you to attend if you want to be a part of the Season 8. Those two races will use [/font]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=543
[ltr][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]the settings of Season 8[/font][/ltr]

http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=543[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] and will be held on:[/font]
[ul]
[li]Sunday  Nov. 12 @ Texas Motor Speedway - Afternoon @ 6pm EDT (4 hours session)[/li]
[li]Sunday  Nov 19 @ Phoenix International Raceway - Oval - Afternoon @ 6pm EDT (4 hours session)[/li]
[/ul]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For all races, it will be mandatory to be on Teamspeak.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The management team of the series will announce on the forum after the two races who has qualified for the season.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Every drivers who will have to race their way in will receive an email in that regards.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Feel free to post any questions you may here.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Drivers:[/font]
[ol]
[li]Cole Woody #79[/li]
[li]Rob Thomas  #94[/li]
[li]Koen Attard #131[/li]
[li]Ian Hayes #31[/li]
[li]Aaron Tolhurst2 #92[/li]
[li]Hunter Garth #29[/li]
[li]Rory Collins #35[/li]
[li]Steven Walter #55[/li]
[li]Donavon McCart #44[/li]
[li]Dean Stone #092[/li]
[li]David B Phillips #69[/li]
[li]James Howard #2[/li]
[li]Jacob Schneider #74[/li]
[li]Jack Honeycutt  #01[/li]
[li]Stephen LouAllen #76[/li]
[/ol]

BrandonMassey

Premium Member
[ul]
[li]Explanation of the "Race Your Way In" event[/li]
[/ul]

In an effort to keep incidents on the track to a minimum, we run a series of 2-3 races where drivers accumulate points like in our regular season. This allows us to see how people drive as well as letting us bring the strongest runners from the event. If, for example, we need to fill 10 seats, we would do this with the top 10 in points from that event. 
[ul]
[li]Recruitment[/li]
[/ul]
In the past this event has been the only way to get into the series period. In an effort to slightly ease off on this and to further encourage friendship and competition in this series and the community, we will now allow drivers to be invited in by current seat holders. To be able to do this you will need a vacant spot on your team. Have the driver sign up as normal and declare them to be on your race team in the team selection topic. Once you do this we will move their name into a full time seat. 

[ul]
[li]Draft[/li]
[/ul]
A new addition coming to this event this season is a draft system for teams who need additional drivers. All teams wishing to participate will select a team captain who will attend the event to watch how it plays out. If your team does not wish to participate, remember that the team minimal is 3 and if you do not meet this we will assign you a random driver before the season starts to meet this total. We will have more information coming soon on how the draft picks will work.

If you have additional questions or concerns, seeks out Myself, Eddie Hawks or Chris Perez on Teamspeak and we will happily assist you however we can.

BrandonMassey

Premium Member
The 2 hour practice session for Round 1 at Texas will be opening in moments. Remember you must be in TS for this and all future races.

BrandonMassey

Premium Member
Killer race last night guys, proud of you all. There was a lot of good racing all over the track and only 2 cautions. I'll get some points standings together so everyone can see where we currently stand within a few hours. The only drivers who I will actually score will be drivers who are supposed to be in the event.

Remember we have more drivers currently racing for a seat than we have seats available. This means if you did not attend last nights event, you have some ground to make up with only 1 race left.

BrandonMassey

Premium Member
Sorry for the points delay. With my dad in the hospital and having to help the family, I have been tied down. I will have the points for you to look at before the final round tonight.

Rory Collins

Sorry to hear about your dad Brandon. Hope he is alright or gets better soon.
Although this racing stuff is fun it's still just a game we play and unimportant in the scope of things. No apologize needed for us.

Rob Thomas

Premium Member
Full Name
Thomas A. Roberts
iRacing ID
unfortunately i will be removing my entry into the Sunday league race your way in event and focusing on the weds truck series. Im not prepared to race tonight due to family issues and id rather step away than jeopardize any of the other drivers chances at making the field. I would however like to keep my name in the hat for any possible replacement or fill in roles that may pop up in the future for the Sunday league. I appreciate you giving me the chance but life came into play and put things on the back burner for a few days. I am fully committed and ready to start the trucks when its time to go racing. thanks again and good luck to everyone
p.s. i hope your father makes a speedy recovery 

BrandonMassey

Premium Member
Thanks Rob.

I added the points to the main post in here, it's a little cut off so you will have to scroll it. I just used our last seasons point sheet so ignore all the other blank rounds, 1 and 2 are the only ones you will do. Drivers who did not have to race for a seat were taken out of the results. The finishing, qualifying and bonus points have been awarded as if you were the only drivers in the session.

BrandonMassey

Premium Member
I removed the points sheet from the main post in the forum and this is why.

We had 9 drivers who had to race for a seat show up out of the 15 who signed up to try and race in. After consulting with teams, we only need 7 drivers. After consideration of connection issues as well as other issues, he is the drivers who made it in.

Rory Collins #35
Steven Walter #55
Cole Woody #79
David B Phillips #69
Donavon McCart #44
James Howard #2
Jack Honeycutt  #01

I will be contacting each driver on iRacing tomorrow to let you know that you made it and what else you need to do. For the ones of you who do check our forums, You MUST go to the team selection topic and either from a team or join an existing team. This series is about fun, competition and friendship.

In the spirit of this, we currently manadate all drivers who race with us, join a team. If you have not joined a team by the 6th, 3 days after the opening race, I WILL randomly assign you to a team.

Welcome to the Sunday Series guys. We look forward to seeing you on the track on the 3rd!

BrandonMassey

Premium Member
For the drivers who were invited in and only had to attend 1 event to make it in, you all exceeded your obligations. I appreciate all of you showing up to both events and putting on some killer racing. Will add your names below so there is no confusion on if you have a seat or not. Also I am pretty sure I told you guys on Sunday that you made it.

Brandon Walter
Jim Westerfield
Kyle Souza
Josh Mayeu
David Flowers
Matt Cissna

Welcome aboard the hype train.

Status
Not open for further replies.