Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 1 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2022 Season 1 are currently open for all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Race #9: Kentucky Speedway (21Mar18)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S1
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S1
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Kentucky%20Speedway%20-%20Oval.png
 Sponsor this circuit for only $2.95 USD

[circuit_3][/circuit_3]​

Race Length: 67 Laps
Race Name in Game: Quaker State 400

Jake Giroux

Name
Cant wait for tonights race at Kentucky. 1.5m _____ should be interesting to see who will have the momentum heading into
The final race next week at homestead

vWardude

Name
Q:1st

I had been sitting at a 2nd or 3rd place qualifying spot until getting a nice tail off nick in the final couple laps. We both qualified on the front row

R: 1st

I’m glad to get this win, I had worked hard at this track all week and it showed during the race. I had a fast car that handled great on the long run, battling back to the lead just before we had taken green flag stops. Nick and I really lived up to our team name in this one, finishing just where we started. Jake and I had some nice runs out front, once I was able to drive back through the field after a caution, it took me 3-4 laps to pick up on the lead he had gained on the rest of the field but once I did I was able to make the pass about 2 laps before pitting. Unfortunately for Jake, he had mistakenly illegally pit on the only two green flag runs, leading to an overall 9 second lead he was able to put on me. It was completely unintentional on his end but it does stink because a nice finish was in order between the two of us.

I look to wrap up the drivers and team championship next week with a strong finish at homestead, a track I’ve historically struggled keep my car consistent at but the work will be put in. I also look forward at attempting to repeat as playoff champion(unofficial)

Meattyloaf

Name
Q: 10th
I felt I had a car that could've easily qualified in the top 3, but after getting my fast lap killed not once, but twice. I decided to hold back a little bit and waited to late to attempt another fast lap.

R:7th
Due to my bad qualifying effort I got stuck in traffic and I tend to run a little slower in the pack to stay off of everyone. I felt I was making a pretty good run, but got stuck behind a slow car that cost me a lot of time on the lead cars on the final restart. It was the first time I have really debated if it would be worth it to give them the boot to get around them as they also cost me a few spots as it seemed they were mirror driving me. Although, I will say it was a fun race and I didn't get aggravated at anyone, even though I had some tough moments, as Kentucky is a tough track.