Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Race 8: ISM Raceway - Oval w/ Open Dogleg (Nov 6)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Phoenix International Raceway - Oval.png

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Time of Day: 18:25[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: TBD[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 17[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 100%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. Being a bit old school, I think a true championship comes from a full season accumulating, but I also understand the appeal of a playoff system and the extra excitement it can bring to our roster and the broadcasts. I'm not against having one.

This question is to get everyone's feedback if they are interested in general. If we are interested in converting our season into a type of playoff, this would be for 2020/S2 (the season after next) to give leadership ample time to propose a playoff layout that is as fair as we can have in a 10 race season.

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
i am 100% in for a playoff format. nothing against Brad, he is clearly the best driver out of the league. But we need to find a way to spice up the title. going into the final round, sometimes final 2 rounds with it locked up already is not interesting at all. GSRC does their best to make it look good but often its already locked. Lets try it and if it doesnt work its not like we cant go back..

Adamschoen

Name
Adam Schoen
iRacing ID
I think a playoff system would be cool, if it dont work can always just go back to how you guys run the league now.

ColtonLayne

Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. I would say no personally. With the length of our seasons it does not fit the same way as in real life. I think the points system and how we decide a champion now is perfect.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
So what we are gathing is that not too many people are against a playoff, it just doesnt work with what we currently do, understandable. The orgs and I are brainstorming an idea now that we can announce in a few days once we get it all thought out. Just a hint, think long term and year end playoff ;)

ColtonLayne

Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
Hootius said:
So what we are gathing is that not too many people are against a playoff, it just doesnt work with what we currently do, understandable. The orgs and I are brainstorming an idea now that we can announce in a few days once we get it all thought out. Just a hint, think long term and year end playoff ;)

For what its worth I like how we do points and seasons now and don't really see a need for change tbh.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Dont worry about that part of it, this is more along the lines of something special at the end of the year and not changing what we currently have.

Jason_00

Name
I would not be against it. I consider myself a purist, so I prefer the straight up points championship. I don't think 10 races is enough to really have a meaningful playoff format.

But if it were something like three 10 race seasons of straight up points, and then the 4th season was a straight up championship for that season, but also playoff format type season based on the points from the previous three seasons for a yearly championship, that would probably be cool too.

I still think that every time someone wins, they should have 100lbs added to their truck. Let's see you fast guys win with a five ton racecar. LOL.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
chatley59 said:
Pre Race Interview:

1. Would you be interested in having a playoff type format incorporated into this league?

Absolutely. It works for NASCAR and we could make it work too. 

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
Good race guys, beside the stuff that happened at the start. Although there is one thing I'd like to say, is it possible to have one of the admins on discord so myself and maybe some other drivers could talk to them if needed to? I can't use chat in IRacing and it's been like that forever for me unfortunatly. I had to serve a black flag because I could not get on the mic to let you guys know. It ended fine since I could manage to get back on the lead lap but if it is possible it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

modern_knight

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Knight
iRacing ID
Sorry again about that huge wreck guys. I always seem to shoot myself in the foot, I just hate when I take other guys down with me so I'm gonna sit out the last two races. It's been a blast racing with everyone, I'd like to come back another season when I'm not a wrecking ball out there.

pwilliams84

Name
Paul Williams
iRacing ID
modern_knight said:
Sorry again about that huge wreck guys. I always seem to shoot myself in the foot, I just hate when I take other guys down with me so I'm gonna sit out the last two races. It's been a blast racing with everyone, I'd like to come back another season when I'm not a wrecking ball out there.
mistakes happen. hate to see you do that as I've never had an issue with you. we learn. well, most of us.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S4
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
It was really nice to have long runs last night and finish the race with time to spare great job everyone lets keep this up.