Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Race 7: Pocono Raceway - Oval (28 July)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Pocono%20Raceway.png

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]This race has been sponsored by Whataback Racing[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1028&mode=view[/font]
[ltr]
file.php
[/ltr]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1028&mode=view[/font]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Time of Day: Noon[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: 45 Laps[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 13[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 85%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview:

1. Do you enjoy the challenge of Pocono's three completely different turns?

2. What's your favorite restaurant?

3. 6 for 6 on different winners so far. 7 for 7 on Sunday?

A

Anonymous

chatley59 said:
Pre Race Interview:

1. I've enjoyed getting to learn most of these tracks for the first time, and Pocono has been one of my favorite so far. Wide range of lines does seem to lead to issues in traffic, at least in the official races. Interested to see how we are able to do, 55 minutes will be blown in no time under yellow.

2. Outback Steakhouse

3. Still say 10/10 is a possibility. 

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. One of my favorite tracks to run when you get to actually race......

2. Honestly not sure but this new burger place opened up in town and they grind their own meat and make as much stuff as possible in-house and its super good but pricey. Worth it for that quality though.

3. If I'm not in the lead then sure let it be a new winner lol

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
chatley59 said:
Pre Race Interview:

1.  I do enjoy them in the Cup Car, it handles real well.

2.  Could be any local non-franchised restaurant serving home-style comfort food,  "Our House Bistro"  has a great Buffalo Chicken Mac n' Cheese

3.  Not this time, cautions have been nasty in open lobby's,  I see our past winners qualifying good and finishing up front.

crashjr81

Name
Steven Durbin
iRacing ID

Yes, Pocono has always been one of my favorite tracks. I miss having to shift though. I loved the variety of setups that allowed.

Right now, probably Texas Roadhouse.

I believe it will be the first 2 race winner of the season.

JRowden7

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Definitely[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. What's your favorite restaurant? Joe's Crab Shack[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. 6 for 6 on different winners so far. 7 for 7 on Sunday? Hope not  :cool: [/font]

Eric Roberts

Name
I do enjoy the difference, even though the package has changed it makes for great racing.

I discovered 5 guys so that's pretty high on my list now, though I do not go often enough.

Would really hope so, it gives the series a different look. I watched a lot of different leagues run series, and I always thought that our races were cleaner overall with less cautions, and produced different winners.

vWardude

Name
chatley59 said:
Pre Race Interview:

1. I wasn't to begin the week but after putting over 300 laps into the track I'm really loving it. As long as drivers can keep the car off the wall into other drivers we will have a good one tonight.

2. There is a local Italian spot near me, its a go to.

3. We will have a repeat tonight

JFree326

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I’m finally back after family vacation and a PC Hard Drive upgrade?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Do you enjoy the challenge of Pocono's three completely different turns? Yes. The new package makes it a more adrenaline pumping track than before.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. What's your favorite restaurant? Lil Rays in Gulfport, MS.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. 6 for 6 on different winners so far. 7 for 7 on Sunday? I hope so![/font]

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
Hopefully we can put more effort into Qualifying.  I feel there are people being put into needless bad spots because fast guys are starting so far back and running the Wheels off to get to the front.  If I'm in the back it's because I dont feel comfortable and dont want to slow up someone else's race.  Guys are running all over each other because of the drastic difference in speeds, it's the same thing if a guy takes two or no tires, big difference in lines and speed....just makes a mess.  There is a symmetry when you run around guys the same speed, the hole pack will flow better, and the race will be better.

vWardude

Name
Man this track could have been a blast if we got green flag runs in. We were in an official A class race tonight it felt like. Some of y’all need to stop using the pre race meeting as your bathroom breaks and start listening to the officials. iRacing is new to me and so isn’t driving on a wheel but, with enough practice I can run with the top 10 but I’m aware of when I’m not comfortable and need to let off.  

A

Anonymous

I have to say the longer I have to reflect on last night's race, the more annoying it seems. I'm fortunate to have finished as well as I did, but once again due to overaggressive stupidity I wasn't able to race at the end when the aggressive stupidity is more acceptable. One of those starting at back and trying to gain positions as fast as possible. I was just chilling mid pack, running my line and just get straight up dumped by someone that should have known better. You can hear him just floorboard it into my QP then tried to pass inside while I was sideways. Instead he gets loose on the grass and tail whips my car into the wall causing a huge wreck. That was Not from my save, it was from his Second contact. Absolutely uncalled for, and infuriating after a drivers meeting not 15 minutes earlier about that exact type of shit. If you want to be at the front at the beginning then Q there, otherwise stop ruining it for the rest of us and just race cleanly and respectfully around your Q until the race is at least halfway over.

Edit: Wanted to add that if you have true pace on someone and can pass them cleanly then fine. Justin worked up from back quickly, but I didn't see him hit anyone else to do it. If it takes contact to pass, you didn't have the right to the position. 

Mitchell Clark

Name
I punted someone going into 3 so I’m sorry about that, but it could’ve been easily avoided by giving a bit of room because I had a massive run. Probably a different side to it but it what it is. All last week was fun but Pocono for both series was miserable to be a part of.

A

Anonymous

Situational awareness would have helped you. I too had a good run, but I checked up for the 2 wide cars in front of us instead of trying to push them 3 wide. It was lap 11, I was fully in front of you and had the right to choose my line, it's your responsibility to check up if necessary. If it was near end of race and you tried to shoot that hole, fine, but it was unnecessary to cause the 3rd caution that early. Especially considering the strongly worded pre race meeting and the fact we already had 2 cautions.

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
AWD_Racing said:
Situational awareness would have helped you. I too had a good run, but I checked up for the 2 wide cars in front of us instead of trying to push them 3 wide. It was lap 11, I was fully in front of you and had the right to choose my line, it's your responsibility to check up if necessary. If it was near end of race and you tried to shoot that hole, fine, but it was unnecessary to cause the 3rd caution that early. Especially considering the strongly worded pre race meeting and the fact we already had 2 cautions.

Situational awareness goes both ways. If you saw he had a huge run, then maybe giving him some room going into the corner was needed. At the very least, if someone has a run on you, you should check your mirror when entering the corner in case a dive bomb happens. I don’t like them but they happen. I had one on me going into turn one. I thought there was no way that he would do it being a car length or two behind but he did to the point where I had to alter my line to keep from coming down on him. I don’t look in my mirror as I’m turning down, probably a caution. Be aware of the guys who are more aggressive 

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
chatley59 said:
AWD_Racing said:

Situational awareness goes both ways. If you saw he had a huge run, then maybe giving him some room going into the corner was needed. At the very least, if someone has a run on you, you should check your mirror when entering the corner in case a dive bomb happens. I don’t like them but they happen. I had one on me going into turn one. I thought there was no way that he would do it being a car length or two behind but he did to the point where I had to alter my line to keep from coming down on him. I don’t look in my mirror as I’m turning down, probably a caution. Be aware of the guys who are more aggressive 
you talk about situational awareness yet closed the door on mitchell that had a run on you late. after watching the replay i would have made the same move and gone for the gap that you left open and to be honest if you checked up you should have know that someone was going to have a run on you like that and should have know to give room. you could have held him off on the out side or you could have done a cross over move to reclaim your position like chatley said give and take goes both ways.

A

Anonymous

Nah, don't agree with you, he didn't have a huge run on me, in fact going into the corner I pulled away from him. Mid corner I have to lift because of two wide and I'm already in front of him, there wasn't enough room for him to take the inside, and in no way am I required to move out of my line in that situation. You can't use one side of your mouth to preach safety and respect, then use the other side to give people passes for being way too aggressive. If nothing is actually ever a problem then I'll stop giving and start taking.

A

Anonymous

Then on top of it he stays in the gas to take the pass, also against the rules, and ends up smacking me into the wall, so 3 racing rules broken in one failed pass attempt, and you're gonna try and blame me? Hahaha, just because I'm new, and he's a veteran must be my fault. Anyone with a brain that has read the racing code of conduct for PRL would agree that every choice he made led to the wreck.

I was racing the way we were instructed in pre race, so blame the aggressive one, not the one running half a second slower times just to avoid pushing 3 wide. I could have easily stayed in the gas and made it 3 wide, but on lap 11, tell me the purpose of not just lifting a little and keeping the race going? 

Status
Not open for further replies.