Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Race 7: Indianapolis Motor Speedway (08Jun18)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Indianapolis%20Motor%20Speedway%20-%20Oval.png

Laps: 80
Race Name in Game: Brickyard 400

Meattyloaf

Name
Q:5th
I didn't get my best lap times in but if I hadn't smack the wall when I was getting the help of Packman's draft felt I could've got the pole.

R:3rd
I had a short run car. Deep in the run it would get tight to the point it was almost undrivable and I was having some slight net issues as I could tell from the occasional lag bump I was seeing from everyone. This lead to a coupke of net code issues for myself. Lap 1 going into turn 1 I got loose after a netcode issue and gave up a ton of ground. I would finish 6th in that stage. Stage 2 I held back stayed around 5th and 6th went through the cycle and I played some strategy. This got me up to 3rd. However, Hootius only got gas and his older tires weren't holding up as he feel back from 1st to 3rd. I finished 2nd in the stage after passing him. At the stage of stage 3 around lap 2 of it I got loose from 3rd or 4th going into turn 3 as I hadn't planned on entering the turn at a whooping 215mph. I feel back to 6th. However I caught some lucky breaks and I mean lucky breaks with two wrecks happening in front of me and avoiding both I jumped to 3rd. I would stay around this position till the last pit cycle where me and Hootius stayed out longer than the leaders and swapped the lead a handful of times both leading laps before my car got to the point it would not turn. I pitted and like everyone else took 2 and can of fuel to make it to the end. I came out 4th. I was happy with this as this was going to be my best finish in weeks, but in the final 2 laps I caught Hootius to pass for 3rd. In the process I think there was a net code issue as he went into the wall not sure it was because of being tight or tapped as it looked as if it could've been either. On my screen I was no where near him, but as stated I was having minor net issues. Seem to always have them at this track for some reason. Anyways passing Hootie with 2 to go sealed my fate at a 3rd place finish. I'm still looking for that first win of my PRL career and hoping it is coming soon, especially after my 2nd place at Kansas earlier this season.

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Q: 2nd

Never really got a solid lap in, and didn't get any draft.

R: 2nd

Another week finishing second to Jake. We had some great battling that whole last stage. Unfortunately with 4 to go I was making a move for the lead and a pit car caused us to avoid him with me being bumped into the wall. Never could quite get back to his bumper after that. Happy with 3 2nd place finishes in a row. But definitely felt I had the best car the last 2 weeks. Glad I won both stages as Jake only scored 1 more point than me in the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4WGDtoKQq4