Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Race 7: Eldora Speedway (31 July)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Eldora_Speedway.png

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Time of Day: Late Afternoon[/font][/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: 100 Laps[/font][/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 30[/font][/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 85%[/font][/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font][/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font][/font]

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Please be advised, that the D license is in effect for dirt races. Please make sure you have atleast a D license in Dirt Oval to participate in this race.

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
well that sucks i wont be able to run this race i dont have the time to work on my dirt rating

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
I personally meet the requirement but I think that the rule should be reconsidered as when you run the track during the week on the official servers it is going to count for your paved oval licence. I think the league should use the same system as iRacing does for the series. So if the trucks are at a RC its still based on your paved oval and when they go to Eldora, same thing, counts as your paved oval.

Just my two cents.

And if the league decides to not do that I feel that John should be given a pass for this race considering the fact that he helped run the dirt series when it existed right?

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview:

1. How do you feel about racing the trucks on dirt?

2. What is your plan for the race? Try to run fast or try to survive?

3. Do you have a dirt series that you follow?

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
1. I personally suck at it! i love watching it in real life though.

2. Try and survive. i feel like its going to be worse than pocono

3. i try and follow WOO. i also follow my buddy in the dwarf car series of texas

Jason_00

Name
1. I'm ok on dirt in a street stock, not exactly fast but I can run a 0x incident race without too much trouble and finish not last. The trucks are a different beast all together though. They are quickly becoming one of the more challenging racecars to drive on the iRacing service.

2. Survival. But as long as you don't absolutely clobber something, dirt seems more forgiving than asphalt. You can bounce off the wall or other cars a little more and still get a 0x (not that I'd recommend that). While I think we might see a good number of cautions (at least they are over quick) I don't think we'll see too many trucks retiring from damage, but maybe will see some DQ's from incident points late in the race. I imagine it will probably be mostly self spins.

3. I don't follow any dirt series specifically, but I do enjoy watching it, and I appreciate the skills required to be fast on dirt.

Paul48

Premium Member
Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
1. Confident. Have a win here in the trucks in the past. Came on strong as the track wore out.

2. Survive. First race here in the league a lot of people were make bonehead moves and wrecked me several times.

3. Never followed them so to speak. I like USAC midgets and sprints. Grew up watching Aaron and AJ Fike, Tracey Hines and Brandon Waelti at Angel Park Speedway.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
im excited its always fun to do something different

little bit of both need to find the happy medium

nope i would rather race dirt my self than watch i miss racing dirt in IR

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. Its hard but fun

2. Really just want to survive and have it in one piece towards the end.

3. I like WOO but dont follow too much outside of the occasional youtube highlight

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
chatley59 said:
Pre Race Interview:

1. I love trucks on dirt. This is always a fun event. 

2. I plan on trying to stay up front as much as I can and go fast. If you get stuck in the back you'll just end up wrecked.

3. I mainly follow World of Outlaws sprint cars as well as USAC midgets.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I'm average on dirt, but I absolutely suck in these trucks at Eldora.

2. Probably just run the low line and stay out of the way.

3. I don't follow the Outlaws quite like I used to.

Miker9253

Premium Member
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
1. These are advanced pieces of machinery that were designed and engineered for racing on asphalt. What are we doing?
I'm pretty good in dirt as well just not in this truck at all.

2. Stay out of the way and keep from getting Incident points..

3. Nope

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1. These things are just stupid on dirt.

2. Just want to run smooth and not over drive the corners

3. I dont follow any

amelikian

Name
1. I like them. Since upgrading my rig with better pedals, dirt racing became way more enjoyable.

2. I think I have decent speed here. Not sure how to avoid wrecks if something happens in front of me.

3. I don't follow any.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Sorry to Josh in the 07. Didn't try to hit you. I know you see it differently, but I couldn't get the truck to turn. Sorry to Colton for the last lap tag. Just lost talent after not being able to see. Bummed because of how great my race began. Once again I got pole for Eldora and didn't lead any laps. Not how I wanted to have my race end up.

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
fotors3 said:
Sorry to Josh in the 07. Didn't try to hit you. I know you see it differently, but I couldn't get the truck to turn. Sorry to Colton for the last lap tag. Just lost talent after not being able to see. Bummed because of how great my race began. Once again I got pole for Eldora and didn't lead any laps. Not how I wanted to have my race end up.
This is a sorry excuse! hopefully the prl doesnt let people like you drive like this anymore. Hopefully you get the full punishment for the bad decisions you made. If I drove like that you wouldnt have made it past the 2nd caution and I would be expecting full punishment. 

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Joshuadaniels said:
fotors3 said:
This is a sorry excuse! hopefully the prl doesnt let people like you drive like this anymore. Hopefully you get the full punishment for the bad decisions you made. If I drove like that you wouldnt have made it past the 2nd caution and I would be expecting full punishment. 

Josh, I get that you're mad but I have no intent to purposely wreck anyone especially as I am an organizer. The first contact was pretty light. That's racing. The 2nd time I take full responsibility for. I tried to pass on the low side and the truck didn't turn when I had a nose or more ahead. You have raced with me before here and you know I don't race like that. I'm probably wasting my time trying to apologize (again) but I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I didn't have the finish I wanted either. 

Status
Not open for further replies.