Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Race 6: Pocono Raceway (Feb 2)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Race Length: 45
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
Suggestion if possible, if someone is willing to sit and do race control to reduce the caution laps at pocono, its insanely long and will drain the short race time we have already.

Curious how many will show up too with super bowl.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Thanks for the heads up Robert.

And I agree Jaymes, of any track that could use a race control for that very reason, it would be Pocono. Unfortunately though with the Super Bowl, we are going to be a little short staffed to make that happen tonight.

gcosteloe

GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Geoff Costeloe
iRacing ID
Came in tonight trying to not make any stupid errors that have plagued me over the first few weeks; just trying to stay in the lead lap.
I got lucky to squeeze by the wreck in the tunnel turn but didn't seem to take any damage (it showed up on the stream but not on my car). 
Hit the wall on my own later in the race and took a bit of damage dropping me to the back.
I was just hoping to gain maybe a spot or two under the GWC. I ended up scraping through the wrecks on the last lap and gained 8 spots. Not the way I would have liked to get my first top 10 but I'll take it.

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
Too many people over driving the car. Or they had their spotters turned off, who knows.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Good race last night peeps. Sucks we got together in T2 Dan, but i was below you the whole time starting the middle of the 2nd straight and hugged the line the best I could in the turn, not sure if your spotter incorrectly said clear or whatnot, but I tried to stay as low as I could for ya.

On that note, I dont wanna harp over a race with just 3 cautions, but we still need to keep our focus to limit controllable cautions. 2 of the 3 were guys squeezing with inches that was a little pointless that early into a race. And for the 2nd race in a row, a wreck back in the pack bringing out a GWC that had big effects on what could have been if it stayed green. We have got the clean this ups peeps. It's not just 1 person. Everyone has to look in the mirror and decide if these move are worth ruining races over. 45 minutes I know can feel like a sprint, but keeping it green gives tire wear and pit strategy a big focus, and over that amount of time peeps will have time to get to their true "position" for the race.

One last thing that I hope I dont have to repeat myself with again, communication. You are upset on track? Dont hit your push to talk, as simple as that. Be respectful to the other league members you share the comms with that had nothing to do with your issue and want to focus and not hear complaints on the radio. This goes for GSRC comment sections too. Straight up guys, if you are not happy with an event in the race, take it up with me and that driver in private. Not happy overall? Then so be it and no hard feelings and hope you can find a league you are happy with. What I wont stand for is belittling ourselves in public. I do take it personally because there are a ton of hours put in by me and my organizers to try to mold and form this league into the best structure it can be. I'll go back to this one sentence that I have posted before when we have had situations like this pop up, I'm not here to babysit and we should all act like respectful adults we claim to be. No one is forced to be here or forced to watch our broadcasts. We can all be part of the solution or just move on.

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
Gotta be a way to nip it in the butt, I saw you were taken out by the guy who almost wrecked me and Richard for driving over his head. Not sure what the solution is but the amount of yellows we have are terrible. I just think its the car mostly.

ZeKe_h30

Premium Member
Name
Adam Zemke
iRacing ID
Nice run everyone, good to see a race with so few cautions. It's a shame we had a late race caution, but it's a simulation, and I have seen that happen for real too many times. You guys want realistic, I dont know anything more realistic than that. 

We are lucky a couple cautions didn't get called for single car incidents

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
Glad to get back on the forum, had an unexpected phone change and my passwords weren't backed up, anyway fun race, glad for the long run we did have...hate that I didnt realize it was broadcasted until the team was chatting after the race, I may get a podium interview once a year....lol, hate to miss out.