Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Race 5: Watkins Glen International - Cup (17 July)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]
Watkins%20Glen%20International%20-%20Cup.png
[/font]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Time of Day: Noon[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: 35 Laps[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 30[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 85%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Please be advised, that the D license is in effect for road races. Please make sure you have atleast a D license in Asphalt Road to participate in this race.

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Brogs said:
I have only rookie license for road so I wont be running this weeks race fellas..

Hey Brian, if you run about 4 road races without getting any incident points, you will become a D license. Hopefully you can run 4 before Wednesday and be able to race with us

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview:

1. First of two road courses this season, do you enjoy the road courses? What is your favorite?

2. Do you paint your own schemes? Which is your favorite?

3. Will we see a new winner on Wednesday?

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
1. First of two road courses this season, do you enjoy the road courses? What is your favorite?
i do enjoy road courses. although this one will be rough. This one is one of my favorite actual tracks

Nope. i always have Nick or Tom paint mine.
I thought we were until we practiced last night. As long as Brad makes it past lap 3 without getting dumped its his to lose.

Paul48

Premium Member
Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
1. Yes and Watkins Glen. The setup though isn't there this time to have a solid race.

2. I do my own. I love all my paints and suggest everyone to check me out on Trading Paints under Thomas Sink

3. No. Brad was in a league of his own in practice.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
yes i love road courses, honestly all of them in nascar

nope my schemes are made by Thomas Sink

i think so

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
1. I do enjoy the road courses. The Glen or Mosport is my favorite.

2. I was painting my own but I have Thomas paint mine now. My favorite is my Blaney/Bubba Ford Mustang scheme

3. I’d like to say yes, but....Brad

codahex

Manager
Name
Nicholas Hunter2
iRacing ID
This will be a totally new experience for me with these new setups

I do paint my own but mostly my uploads are Whataback inspired ;) 
My Trading Paints Profile

Unless something happens at the front of the field that knocks them out - I doubt it

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
chatley59 said:
Pre Race Interview:

1. I love road courses but I'm terrible at them. We're running both of my favorite NASCAR road courses: Watkins Glen and Mosport

2. I paint every single one of my schemes. I have a lot of fun designing them. I'd say my favorite ones are the American flag schemes I ran in cup and trucks for 4th of July.

3. Yes. Some rookie named Hrad Bolly. 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I enjoy road, I just suck at getting back on throttle in these trucks. I wont be fast, I just like my chances of keeping it straight for 45 minutes.

2. I paint all of my own and for my teammates.... if only I could run my Tropicana schemes again  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. Holly is the early favorite, but honestly this can be a big wild card, especially if someone loses it in the Esses and clogs up the track.

Miker9253

Premium Member
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
1. Yep I'm a road racer! Silverstone.

2. I'll race anyones paint, Anyone got a new one for me? But the TM has been doing them recently

3. Well Brad and I and possibly a few others ran about 10 hrs here recently. So I'll Say it will be someone that ran an endurance race here recently!

Jason_00

Name
I'm ok on road courses in the Mazda, not great but ok. In a stock car though I'm hot garbage. Just never could get it down.

I did my own for a while and they're up on trading paints now. Currently I'm running a team paint created by Jake Hounshell Designs for most series. I like them a lot.

Hard to say. I've never done a road race with PRL before so I don't know who's good and who's not (aside from me). It will be interesting for sure. A lot can happen.

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
1. I used to yes, However havent got the chance to race road in a long time so I'll probably be slow tonight.
2. As you can see my truck is full dark red. I have no paint I would probably consider paying someone to do one for me tho. I heard Thomas does some I might ask him.
3. Weirdly yes, I feel like somebody we're not used seeing there will win it this week. This will probably be a lot different than oval races.
Also, we just got our first baby this week end so sleep schedule as not been good. I should be there but I could fall a sleep or need to pull over if baby require extra attention so I'll make sure to not cause anything while doing so.

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
DominicBegin said:
1. I used to yes, However havent got the chance to race road in a long time so I'll probably be slow tonight.
2. As you can see my truck is full dark red. I have no paint I would probably consider paying someone to do one for me tho. I heard Thomas does some I might ask him.
3. Weirdly yes, I feel like somebody we're not used seeing there will win it this week. This will probably be a lot different than oval races.
Also, we just got our first baby this week end so sleep schedule as not been good. I should be there but I could fall a sleep or need to pull over if baby require extra attention so I'll make sure to not cause anything while doing so.

Damn dom, you are making me look bad lol. i have one on the way and the wife said no racing for a while after the baby comes!

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
I told you Austin! Lol I got lucky with the Christmas break, but I never missed a league race when my son was born.

And congrats to you and the Mrs Dom

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
thx guys!
Well this is my break. I've been with her since last thursday 24/7 and making sure my girlfriend as everything. She isa sweet GF I'm really lucky. However like I said anything is wrong and I'll be out lol. I guess we all need a little break and this is mine!

amelikian

Name
1. I mostly do road racing on Assetto Corsa but that is just hot lapping. Definitely don't have the confidence when it comes to passing. Also, I'm terrible in the stock cars.

2. I don't actually know how to do the painted trucks. I just get stuff from Trading Paints. Right now I just use the stock painter from iRacing.

3. Who knows. I'm just approaching this as an attrition race.

Brogs

Name
Good luck tonight fellas..working bunch of hours at work and just didn't have time to get my road racing D class license..but I LL run with you all next week ;)