Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Race 5: Sonoma Raceway (18May18)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Sonoma%20Raceway_Cup.png

Laps: 55
Race Name in Game: Toyota 350

Meattyloaf

Name
Q:8th
I managed to keep my car on track for qualifying and got my fastest lap of the week that is till the race where I ran my fastest lap there.

R:8th
I had a great time racing the #48 and #42 for position. We never really got seperated, well we did but one of us would end up having an issue and bunch each other back up. I managed to stay on track with the exception of a few times late in the run in which my car would get pretty tight and not want to turn. I stayed in 8th most of the race and would occassionally jump up to as high as 3rd. However, the #48 got the nest of me on pit strategy to snag 7th, thus setting me to holding off the #42 to get 8th place. This makes it 3 weeks in a row that I finished where I started. I guess when I do something I do it in trends. Anyways, Overall for a road course I felt it went alright, but it could've went better. I had a lot of fun with this race, though, and can't wait to move onto Michigan in a couple of weeks, where I should have a pretty good run at a decent finish based on past success at 2 mile tracks.

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Q: 2nd

Put in a solid lap only 1 tenth off my personal best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBoQGy_KNBc

R: 2nd

Finally got a good result. First top 5 of the season and hoping to continue with the good momentum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16Gc9CGFRo

Jake Giroux

Name
Q. 1st
R. 1st
Car was pretty dam awsome right from the start, it turns out the setup i was running in the
race was better then the one i had made, taking a bit of time to practice really helped,
sonoma acts like a short track so i think it played into my hands.
Battling the #14 in the opining laps was fun but was able to slip by once he made his mistake in turn 3A
Winning at sonoma will help me gain on the#21 in points and hopefully Michigan will treat me nice. It is technically a close to home track