Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Race 5: Kansas Speedway - Oval (Oct 16)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Kansas Speedway - Oval.png

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Time of Day: 13:45[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: TBD[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 13[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 100%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Pre race interview:

1. With how our first mile and a half track went, are you expecting this race to be the same or different?

2. Canada celebrated thanksgiving yesterday. With American thanksgiving coming up next month, what are you most thankful for in your life? And what’s your favorite thanksgiving food?

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
1. hopefully different, our first race was pretty rough but i think we have turned the corner for the better.

2. Thankful for good friends, good family, and what doctors say is a healthy son on the way. I just hope he lets me get that food down before making an appearance!

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
1. With how our first mile and a half track went, are you expecting this race to be the same or different?
different seems like everyone has been racing smart

2. Canada celebrated thanksgiving yesterday. With American thanksgiving coming up next month, what are you most thankful for in your life? And what’s your favorite thanksgiving food?
Great friends and family, apple pie.

Adamschoen

Premium Member
Name
Adam Schoen
iRacing ID
1. I'm sure it will be a better race, and hoping a better race for me as well!  

2. Family&friends, apple pie is my favorite!

amelikian

Name
1. I think Kansas is a little easier to not crash with it being a good bit wider.

2. friends, family, and financial stability. I like anything that is covered in gravy.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I was happy with my long run pace at Charlotte, but need to get out of the gate better. For the league, Charlotte was full tight as Kansas gets loose as the run goes on. So I can see a Iowa situation if not enough practice laps are done.

2. My children. As for food, dark meat Turkey, stuffing, gravy, little bit of mayo and a small layer of cranberry sauce on fresh mountain bread. The sandwich of kings!

pwilliams84

Premium Member
Name
Paul Williams
iRacing ID
I hope the race goes smoothly. While it's a mile and a half it's much different and a simple mistake can cost you and anyone around you quite a bit.

My family and the opportunity to do things for and with my kids that I didn't have growing up. Food = mom's sweet potato casserole with pecan's and brown sugar on top.

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
Great race guys, although I do have one complaint.

I'm not gonna name names but a lapped truck held me and another truck up by staying in the high line and cost us a decent bit of time. I don't mind getting raced by lapped trucks who are battling for position or are clearly faster and stuff like that but to just ignore a call on the radio and hold the high line at a VERY high line dominated track is just not respectful racing. The only reason the truck got out of the way was because they got loose and spun eventually.

So in the future lets all keep in mind to be a bit more considerate of where you are and who you are racing.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
Had some fun, let's keep up the good racing action. Also screw that yellow cone that I lightly brushed that took away my top 5. Also sorry for anyone I squeezed, I got dinged for a lap 82 deal, I had no clue anything even happened....which is scary, My Bad.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
Last nights race was a blast I dont even care that I was collected in a wreck we where all so close to each other there was a chance that was going to happen. Williams, Tellez, and Hartman I had a ton of fun battling with yall the hole race. Also Tellez sorry for making contact with you in 1 and 2 I had a slight misjudgement . Although I really wish we didnt get that last Caution.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
This is going to sound like a call out to Dominic based on what was written in the caution log, but really this has been an ongoing issue I noticed with many drivers on the oval side (including the 2nd caution in this race that could have been avoided as well) that I want to address.

One thing I feel like we can be alot better on is realizing checking up as an option in the heat of the moment. Its seems like not only that some cautions start by a lack of checking up, but also most wrecks end up being bigger than they need to be because of that "swerve first" mentality. Our style of racing is stressful, we have to be razor sharp because something can happen in an instant. I just urge the group as a whole to let's improve our situational awareness. Keep in mind the surrounding we put ourselves in and what are our options at all times.

Prime example was for those in the Cup Talladega race on Sunday. I got shuffled up high against the wall and knew I had no where to go. The final wreck happened 3 car lengths in front of me. In that exact moment, I knew my options: 1) Swing left and pray I dont hit a car on the inside (which I knew was very unrealistic because we were in a pack) or 2) just get on the brakes, know I'm in a horrible spot and really cant avoid damage, and just hope to mitigate the damage as best as possible and not risk destroying someone else's car. Same thing on Lap 2 last night. Dom was in the wall and bounced off in front of me. We were in a pack. I didnt know if I was clear to the left because we were just 3 wide, I knew the pack was behind me so slamming the brakes was a bad idea. So I just got off the gas and tried to slightly move to the left to hope to avoid creating a huge mess, or at least hope to minimize my damage. Unfortunately for me, I paid the price for having that mentality because I had to drive the entire race with some amount of unrepairable engine damage. But I would like to think because of that action I took, a 10 car pile up was avoided and no caution happened.

So all I ask is all of us to please try out best to always know our surroundings and our options to help avoid unnecessary wrecks and extra damage vehicles.

younga01

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Adam J Young
iRacing ID
I'd have to say that the racing continues to get cleaner as we all get used to being around each other. Many of the incidents I'm seeing now are more the product of hard racing instead of stupid moves. And that'll only continue to get better and the cautions fewer.

And sorry for a few times you guys had to avoid me last night. One of these decades, iRacing will fix the fly trap walls where they just suck you in on the tiniest scrape. Glad I still came out of it with no incidents so I can continue to hold the title of the cleanest guy that has started all the races. ;)

Cuauhtli 5

Premium Member
Name
Joshua Tellez
iRacing ID
Bradley Holly said:
Last nights race was a blast I dont even care that I was collected in a wreck we where all so close to each other there was a chance that was going to happen. Williams, Tellez, and Hartman I had a ton of fun battling with yall the hole race. Also Tellez sorry for making contact with you in 1 and 2 I had a slight misjudgement . Although I really wish we didnt get that last Caution.

No worries... l was trying to keep it as low as possible but didn't want to turn. An yes, great battle towards the end until the final wreck. Over all great battles. 

pwilliams84

Premium Member
Name
Paul Williams
iRacing ID
Bradley Holly said:

Agree, it has been fun. I was having the best run I've had with you guys, and knew that not coming to pit road first on that long green flag run pretty much killed my chance. I bet the farm on some mid-pack cars staying out when we did and welp..never been more wrong in my life. 3 weeks in a row been in position to win. One of these days!

I'm sorry for everyone who got caught up in me being dumped as if I didn't exist. Was trying to stay high and concede defeat, but I guess this time I was the ball..

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
pwilliams84 said:
Bradley Holly said:

Agree, it has been fun. I was having the best run I've had with you guys, and knew that not coming to pit road first on that long green flag run pretty much killed my chance. I bet the farm on some mid-pack cars staying out when we did and welp..never been more wrong in my life. 3 weeks in a row been in position to win. One of these days!

I'm sorry for everyone who got caught up in me being dumped as if I didn't exist. Was trying to stay high and concede defeat, but I guess this time I was the ball..
Ya that wreck sucked for a few of us I know. Hartman took the blame for the turning you and causing the hole massacre lol. The way I am looking at this race is the battle we all had and how fun it was. With us racing as hard as we were it was just a matter of time before someone made a mistake. I know he didnt do it on purpose he is a great competitor and a clean racer.