Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Race 4: Dover International Speedway (Oct 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Dover Internation Speedway - Oval.png

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Time of Day: 13:05[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: 110 laps[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 17[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 100%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. Dover is a "right on the edge" type of track. Do you enjoy racing here or do you find it to be too stressful?

2. Do you think that a night race at Dover would build up enough excitement like Bristol does?

3. Start of Round 2 in the NMEC Playoffs kicks off at Dover. Who do you have the most confidence in NOT making it out of this round?

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1.  Not sure how I feel about it yet.  I'm a bit off in The A car when I'm usually competative.

2.  I think it would definitely help.

3.  I think Boyer will be on the outside looking in.

A

Anonymous

Hootius said:
1. Dover is a "right on the edge" type of track. Do you enjoy racing here or do you find it to be too stressful?

2. Do you think that a night race at Dover would build up enough excitement like Bristol does?

3. Start of Round 2 in the NMEC Playoffs kicks off at Dover. Who do you have the most confidence in NOT making it out of this round?

1. I've enjoyed it all week as far as the track in concerned.

2. Night anything always draws a better crowd IMO, though the cooler the track the closer the racing will be.

3. I honestly don't know enough about current driver trends to even take a shot in the dark. Anything can happen.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Hootius said:

1. It stresses me out too much. It's such a tricky track and the cup car downforce package makes it hard to pass.

2. It might help actually with track conditions being cooler. Just sucks that the air force base nearby told them no to lights a long time ago.

3. I think Bowman will find a way to slip. Same with Bowyer. 

vWardude

Name
Race the entire way back up the field into top 10 just to have the same thing happen that does in officials, wrecked out by lack of skill not knowing how to restart. Gotta love it.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
That race was a work out. Saw a bunch of guys making up a lot of spots which is hard to do. Fought hard and clean up to 8th, just to throw it into the wall on the second to last restart...just a late mental mistake.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Started pretty far back. Avoided some nasty wrecks. The last restart was just a disaster. Several cars spun their tires, and I had no where to go when the 1 came up after he hit someone who was wrecking. Somehow got 10th. I'll take it. 

pwilliams84

Name
Paul Williams
iRacing ID
vWardude said:
Race the entire way back up the field into top 10 just to have the same thing happen that does in officials, wrecked out by lack of skill not knowing how to restart. Gotta love it.

i mean...it was a bit of a cluster..but let’s be real here. after the wreck you were supposed to put yourself back up to 9th place. my teammate was waiting for you to get back in line and instead you threw a temper tantrum and drove it hard into pit road and drifted the car and then slammed it into the wall before the race was over making you finish in the 20 something spot 2 laps down. 

don’t come here and ***** after doing that..

vWardude

Name
pwilliams84 said:
vWardude said:

i mean...it was a bit of a cluster..but let’s be real here. after the wreck you were supposed to put yourself back up to 9th place. my teammate was waiting for you to get back in line and instead you threw a temper tantrum and drove it hard into pit road and drifted the car and then slammed it into the wall before the race was over making you finish in the 20 something spot 2 laps down. 

don’t come here and ***** after doing that..

I drove it hard into the pits out of frustration when I expect league drivers to be better than random official races. I could care less about finishing 9th hence why I parked it. I cared about my car being totaled after grinding the entirety of the race back into top 10 and not being able to finish it out. You’re an absolute moron Paul for putting words in my mouth. Mind your business next time huh?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Gentlemen, this is the kind of crap that I dont want to see when I get a small break from work to poke my head at to the site. As always, I'm not here to babysit. Driver's are expected to act like respectable adults on the track, and on the forums. If you have issues, handle it privately.  I spoke in the beginning of the season about the oval side needing sponsorship moving forward to keep the broadcasts going, these are the type of things that make them question what is it they are paying for.

Now I am going to address this to everyone because I was informed Sunday night of a different issue that happened on Wednesday. I expect everyone to keep a cool head at all times, including the end of the race. I dont want anyone making a fool of themselves or trying to play internet tough guy on my watch as it is, and especially true if its during a time GSRC can catch it and it puts the PRL in a bad light. We all came here because we want better than official lobbies.... that means on the track, on the mic, and how we handle ourselves off the track. If anyone has something they would like to discuss, my PMs are always open.

Status
Not open for further replies.