Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Race 4: Daytona International Speedway - Oval (7 July)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Daytona%20International%20Speedway%20-%20Oval.png

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]This race has been sponsored by Whataback Racing[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif] http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1028&mode=view[/font]
[ltr]
file.php
[/ltr]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1028&mode=view[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Time of Day: Late Afternoon[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: 50 Laps[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 17[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 85%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview:

1. With this many cars signed up, how are you feeling about this plate race?

2. Have you ever been to a plate race?

3. With it being the 4th of July, what is your favorite holiday?

JFree326

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]So I won’t be racing this week as I am in Daytona for the race.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. With this many cars signed up, how are you feeling about this plate race? I look forward to watching the action.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Have you ever been to a plate race? Including Saturday this will be my 5th.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. With it being the 4th of July, what is your favorite holiday? July 4th[/font]

crashjr81

Name
Steven Durbin
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. With this many cars signed up, how are you feeling about this plate race?[/font]
- Excited and nervous, hoping people can hold their line and be patient.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Have you ever been to a plate race?[/font]
- Yes, Talladega 1994 and 2007. Such an amazing atmosphere there.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. With it being the 4th of July, what is your favorite holiday?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]- Christmas is my favorite for sure.[/font]

A

Anonymous

chatley59 said:
Pre Race Interview:

1. One of my favorite tracks, but I've felt good before and found myself in a world of trouble. Hopefully we can keep it in lane. 

2. No unfortunately 

3. Halloween

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. F*** plate racing lol

2. I used to go to Daytona every year when I was younger. I was there when Dale passed, haven't been back since. Maybe next year that'll end.

3. Thanksgiving when I eat myself into a food coma

vWardude

Name
I've been enjoying plate racing in certain hosted lobby's, and others have been awful. I'm gunna stay positive and say that once the packs split into 2 or 3, we will have some nice green flag runs.

Never, I want to get to both tracks. I toured Daytona back in the early 2000s that's it.

Summer holidays are nice to get outside and BBQ sitting by the pool.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S4
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
I will not be making tomorrow's race

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1. Everyone has a shot, every lap has near misses, it's just a crap shoot, just going to try to be positive when I wreck out.

2.Never, unless we're talking breakfast buffet.

3. Thanks giving the only expectation is to eat food and watch football

ZeKe_h30

Premium Member
Name
Adam Zemke
iRacing ID
Considering how Wed's race played out, I'm somewhat optimistic that we can have a well behaved race.

Never been to a plate race. Closest thing would be seeing IRL run at Chicago, and the only reason I say that is because the pack racing during that race was on another level.

Any of the eating Holidays. Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Respect due to the reasoning behind those Holidays, but I'm there for a good dinner. 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Roster update.

Unfortunately Sean Dour is out for a bit with a health issue, so Collin you have a guaranteed spot now.

Bradley Holly and Mike Richter are stuck in Daytona, so Robert and Demaris you guys have guaranteed spots for tonight as well.

Josh Freeman is also in Daytona, and with Robert Haynes ready to join, he will take that spot tonight. 

A

Anonymous

Great race tonight everyone, broadcast looked great and other than a few bumps it was a clean and respectful race. Had a blast working my way up and running in the front for a while. Rookie pit mistakes took me out of contention, didn't get to practice a 200 mph pit only 190 and wow is there quite a difference. Sorry for nearly causing a wreck glad everyone was able to keep it safe and no damage was caused.

JRowden7

Name
I got lucky in this one with a p12. I started up front and once I got my bonus point for leading a lap, I decided to drop to the tail end of the draft and ride. Only problem was I couldn't get back in line and I ended up losing the draft. I caught on with the lead pack when I got lapped and tried to hang around the front for the lucky dog. Finally got a late yellow and managed to pick up an extra 8 spots or so. Good racing up front and sorry to be a nuisance as a lapped car. Glad it worked out without anyone getting screwed.

vWardude

Name
It was a fun race overall. I had fun moving up from 26th to 9th before I made a awful mistake of going in just a hair too hot with traffic in front of me. No one to put that on but myself. I know I would have made that stop if I was going solo like I had practiced all week, I just didn’t get enough time in with traffic. I’m glad no one got caught up and I recovered quickly enough. Hanging around in the back of the lead pack was a lot of fun and going for a couple positions at the line with cars on the same lap as me!

Jeffery Ford

Name
Jeffery Ford
iRacing ID
Dang....i checked the schedule correctly i thought. And well, i thought we didnt race last night. Happens to be on one of my best/favorite tracks too. Figured the holiday weekend we were off, then i looked at schedule and for some reason didnt see we were running. That sucked.

Cya all next week.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
Just glad to finish with a running car and only a couple creases. Nice job all you guys.

vWardude

Name
XSYSE said:
Just glad to finish with a running car and only a couple creases.  Nice job all you guys.

You almost didn’t if not for my car tail whipping into the inside barrier before pits haha

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Great showing last night for the league, great job by everyone. I apologize for my blinking issue, it was weird because I never lost sight of anyone on my screen nor my relative, so sorry that it took so long to realize that smoke was coming from me early in the race.

Let's keep the momentum going, get in a great week of practice and let's have another awesome showing at Tucky!