Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Race 3: Kansas Speedway (04May18)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Kansas%20Speedway%20-%20Oval.png

Laps: 134
Race Name in Game: Go Bowling 400

Meattyloaf

Name
Q:2nd
I got hooked up with CJ and we got a pretty good draft from Brian to put CJ on the pole and myself in 2nd.

R:2nd
This is my best official PRL finish. After having an up and down race and a couple of run ins. Once at the end of stage one didn't realize they took it three wide underneath me and pushed both Nick and I believe the other Chris into the infield, apologies for that. I also had issues with people washing up the track after riding my quarter panel into the turn and putting me into the wall on several occasions. I had issues with the car breaking on me due to the progressive banking and would only do it if I was off of my preferred line. The race to this point was a caution fest. Things changed in stage 2 as somehow I managed to find myself in the lead when the caution fell to due to another caution ending the stage. This handed me my first stage win. After battling back through the field due to a bad restart I found myself in the top 5. Then I started to knock off positions up to third. CJ and War were battling in front of me as I caught them I started to pass CJ. I got around him, however we would get together as CJ's car washed slightly up the track as I was moving downward. He would receive the worst of that. He fell back to 4th or 5th before having a run in with someone back there. This lead to a battle for the lead and race win with about 15 to go between my teammate War and myself. I had an opportunity to get a chance at a pass several times, but War would hold them off with my best chance at passing him coming in turns 3 and 4 of the last turn. He bet me to the line by 0.1 of a second. I feel that if I had waited a little longer when CJ and War were battling it out that I possibly would've had a chance to pass both, however I didn't. Next, I scrapped the wall coming out of two killing some of my momentum with 2 to go and I felt that hindered my last chance at passing for the race win.

Nickcm12

Name
Q:11th
R: 3rd

5th straight top 5 finish on a 1.5 mile. Always good on these types of tracks 
Too bad about my connection issues. Sorry to who it affected. Happy to be back on track with a 4th and 3rd this week after my bad couple weeks. 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S3
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Q: 4th
R: 8th

Had a decent race car, but I broke my own rule. I told myself that I didn't want to be really passive and to put myself in situations where it could cost me this season, and that's exactly what happened due to my frustrations with seeing people over aggressive earlier in the race. I was in prime condition up until that last caution flew. Late in the race I was taking it easy behind Nick since his car was doing a little bouncing around and I would have been fine bringing home a 4th place finish. I ultimately put myself in a spot where I got tagged by another car and sent through the grass on the front straight. I got lucky enough to get a Top 10 out of it.