Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Race 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Roval (Sept 29)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course.png

**Track map is out of date, we are racing the newest version of the Roval**

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Time of Day:  13:45[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: 38 laps[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 24[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 100%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]**No Cautions for road races**[/font]

morgfarm1

Name
This looks like the standard Road course map, but either way the 96 won't be in attendance. I'm not comfortable on Charlotte's road tracks and you boys have a championship to fight for.

I'll also miss Talladega most likely -- 200 laps with the Lotus 49 at Milwaukee had me drained enough by the time PRL's race came about 9 hours later, I can't imagine how running 81 laps around Bathurst in the Ford Falcon will ruin me for the exact opposite challenge of playing chess at a buck 90. We're down to the last 2 rounds of our season in The Majors and I'm 19th in Europe's points with a good shot at gaining more ground if I don't bork up Bathurst. I'm aiming to be top 50 across all 3 touring divisions, and I'm 63rd right now. Top 50 get invited to the Champions' Charity Invitational and the closer I am to 50th, the better my shot at getting brought in to replace a missed driver.

I'll say this about PRL, minus Vegas' and a poor judgement call by a driver exiting pit lane that eliminated me early, the race at Richmond was a blast. I'm not necessarily fast but the level of competition is good and tight and still respectful. You'll see me at the very least part-time through the winter. Plus, I like showing up with a car for Joe Peak to have a giggle at lol

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview Questions

1. What do you think about the new chicane at the Roval? Do you think it was needed or do you prefer the 2018 version that's narrow with the tire barrier?

2. If you could drive on any race track in the world whether it's in your own car or a race car, what track would you pick and why?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I love the death trap, but I understand the need for a change. I'm just happy iRacing kept the old one in so we can send the Mazda full throttle into pound town!!!!

2. Initial gut reaction said Daytona, but after putting more thought into it, would definitely be Monza. It's my favorite circuit and I have never been to Italy before either, so it would be a grand trip.

Eric Roberts

Name
1. What do you think about the new chicane at the Roval? Do you think it was needed or do you prefer the 2018 version that's narrow with the tire barrier? 
I never drove the old version, so it's all new to me. There are sections I really like, and some that just don't plain like me.

2. If you could drive on any race track in the world whether it's in your own car or a race car, what track would you pick and why?
Well sure as hell not in my Versa for one, and wow has to be mount panorama that place is so scary.

A

Anonymous

fotors3 said:
Pre-Race Interview Questions

1. I'm a fan of the new one, racing feels better than half the field trying to full throttle it.

2. Definitely a few that are high on the list, but I'd probably go with the nurbergring(sp?). It's just a large interesting track with a ton of character and history. Though literally any track would make me happy. 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Overall, great race last night crew. Lots of respect being shown out there, and it made for a fun broadcast... especially since we had to make up for the lack of a lead battle the whole race lol

On my T1 spin, I knew Besaw was right behind me and I would rather give it some juice and hit the wall then be all over the place and risk ruining Rob's race. Still happy to sneak out of there with a Top 10 finish.

A

Anonymous

I'm very pleased with how the race went. Would I like to go back and not get that black flag entering pits?
Absolutely. Took away my top 10, but I had only a couple issues and I didn't end anyone else's race so overall I'm pleased with the results.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
AWD_Racing said:
I'm very pleased with how the race went. Would I like to go back and not get that black flag entering pits?
Absolutely. Took away my top 10, but I had only a couple issues and I didn't end anyone else's race so overall I'm pleased with the results.

So that's what happened to you. I knew my undercut wasnt that powerful lol

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it definitely helps when I have to sit in pits an extra 15 seconds. Haha, but I learned from it and that'll only help in the future.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
Glad to see some good battles during the broadcast. Race was fun for me, could have done better without the 2 min. of damage but pulled out P8 with it anyway.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
If Nick Ketchum #61 sees this, if that was my fault in the new chicane, I'm sorry. You slowed up a lot more than expected and I had been catching you over the last few laps. Small tap but still sent the car sideways. Hopefully nothing bad happened because of it. I just had to avoid you after that. Overall, fun race. I'm just terrible at road racing.