Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Race 2: Sonoma Raceway - Long (23 June)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Sonoma Raceway_Long.png

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Time of Day: Noon[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: 30 Laps[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 30[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 85%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Pre Race Interview:[/font]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]1. First time in awhile with the Long layout at Sonoma, do you prefer the Cup layout or the Long layout?[/font]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]2. Should iRacing bring drag racing to the sim as Sonoma has a drag strip? Should we do some drag racing during practice?[/font]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]3. How many times will the cones get destroyed with someone going for the Cup layout instead of the long layout?[/font]

A

Anonymous

What's a decent pace here? Having a lot of trouble getting consistent here, first time at Sonoma. Any help greatly appreciated, and maybe it'll save me from wrecking you so win win.

A

Anonymous

Pre Race Interview:

1. First time in awhile with the Long layout at Sonoma, do you prefer the Cup layout or the Long layout?

First time running either, so no opinion.

2. Should iRacing bring drag racing to the sim as Sonoma has a drag strip? Should we do some drag racing during practice?

That would definitely be fun, not sure how it would work with the light tree if that's not usable, but love to drag race.

3. How many times will the cones get destroyed with someone going for the Cup layout instead of the long layout?

Hopefully 0 because everyone of course practiced the long layout. Now cones due to people dying? Who knows.

crashjr81

Name
Steven Durbin
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview:

1. First time in awhile with the Long layout at Sonoma, do you prefer the Cup layout or the Long layout?

- I like this new long layout, makes it more interesting for sure instead of just 2 right turns that it replaced.

2. Should iRacing bring drag racing to the sim as Sonoma has a drag strip? Should we do some drag racing during practice?

- I would love drag racing to be in iracing and have mentioned it to them in surveys a couple times. Im down for trying some in practice.

3. How many times will the cones get destroyed with someone going for the Cup layout instead of the long layout?

- I feel like it will happen every lap for the first 5 laps. I hope it doesnt happen though. I know alot will over drive that turn every lap though. Thats very easy to do.

JFree326

Name

- The long layout is much better. Adds some tricky corners into the mix.

- Im not sure how it would work. Drag Racing to me is more for the mechanics and less for the drivers.

- I hope it doesn’t happen. That would mean people weren’t practicing.

Miker9253

Premium Member
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
1. Long layout is more technical and should be better racing. I like it long! ;)

2. Drag would only work with wigs and heals and I'm bringing mine to practice.

3.There will be a lot of offs, I hope it's just cones!

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview:

I just bought the track last night but I prefer the cup layout. However I'm happy they went with the old layout because it could change up the race a bit. 

As much as I would love drag racing in iRacing, I don't think it would be as exciting or fun. I'm a huge drag racing fan but for all of the work they would do, it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. 

Honestly I think very little. Once you know the layout you know where you need to turn in at. However I could see someone getting spun into that area from another driver not braking in time. 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I honestly prefer the Cup layout, but this layout does open up more opportunities for error and chances of making a pass.

2. Its niche and probably won't happen due to cost, I would just personally love it since I spent a good chunk of my Saturday nights when I was younger with my Grandpa and Uncle at the local strip. A quick 8 man, fast pace tourney with trash talking would be a ton of fun in my eyes lol

3. I'm gonna do it during practice cuz I'm a rebel!

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Hootius said:
1. I honestly prefer the Cup layout, but this layout does open up more opportunities for error and chances of making a pass.

2. Its niche and probably won't happen due to cost, I would just personally love it since I spent a good chunk of my Saturday nights when I was younger with my Grandpa and Uncle at the local strip. A quick 8 man, fast pace tourney with trash talking would be a ton of fun in my eyes lol

3. I'm gonna do it during practice cuz I'm a rebel!

Plus we can clear our black flags 😬

golfsoccer9

Name
Warren Austin
iRacing ID
Just wanted to give a heads up that I unfortunately will not be able to race this coming Sunday at Sonoma. Best of luck to the other drivers.

vWardude

Name

I've only ran at the cup version on Nascar Heat. So far in practice I'm liking this version but I can't yet compare it to the cup version on iRacing

Why not, burn em up!
What cones? ... :shock:

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. I too prefer cup BUT this layout has its advantages as well. I think it would be cool if they changed it every year or so to flip flop between the two layouts.

2. Maybe but I feel like they have added so much more content with the dirt stuff that they need to take a few years to flesh out that stuff more before they start adding more racing disciplines.

3. At least 3 times

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1. Definetly liking this long version

2. I dont think it would have a long or popular run.

3. Hioefully none, open lobbies have been pretty good lots of offs but not so much dumping, only issues is no patience when reentering the track.

Jeffery Ford

Name
Jeffery Ford
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre Race Interview:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. First time in awhile with the Long layout at Sonoma, do you prefer the Cup layout or the Long layout?[/font]

Haha. What layout. Ill.tell you when I buy it. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Should iRacing bring drag racing to the sim as Sonoma has a drag strip? Should we do some drag racing during practice?[/font]

No. No. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. How many times will the cones get destroyed with someone going for the Cup layout instead of the long layout?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Still have no idea what this is. [/font]

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
We have 2 known absences so far, so Collin Carroll and Robert McFarlen have guaranteed spots for tonight. You 2 can join the server whenever you wish.

Also for tonight (and road courses in general), qualifying will start 5 minutes earlier than normal and will be a 2 lap, 10 minute session instead of 5. This is to allow drivers to abandon a lap if needed, go back to the pits and still have plenty of time to get back out there and try again. The 5 minute window gave absolutely no room for error on that. Race starting time is not effected by this, only practice is cut by 10 minutes.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Also if you have not seen, management has mad an update to the rules regarding Discord. I encourage all to read Jerome's post, but in general:

-iRacing voice chat will now be used as the league chat. Pre race meetings will be held in iRacing chat, and any communications a driver needs to make to the race admins can be requested in there.

-The PRL Discord is NOT going away. You are more than welcome to still come hang out and shoot the sh*t with everyone else in Discord. If you wish to have a team channel made in Discord, just shoot one of the organizers a message and we will hook you up.

DH1

Name
Hootius -
Now that discord is not mandatory, how do you want to handle any late no-shows?
Is discord still the best place to get a hold of an admin to check if okay to join for us on the wait list?