Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Race 2: Iowa Speedway (Dec 18)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Iowa Speedway - Oval.png

Race Length: 115 laps
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repairs: 0

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Great find. Keep this in mind folks. Make sure to utilize the practice time we set up in the lobby before qualifying.

MattyAubs

Premium Member
Name
Matthew Aubry
iRacing ID
That's going to make it tough to practice before the patch. For those that haven't gone to the link; the patch is specific to the trucks. There is an issue in how the sim calculates the aero on the back on the truck. Meaning if you run the truck at Iowa now it will be loose; but Wednesday after the patch it will be tight. They also said the setups will remain the same; the code is what is changing.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview

1. How much experience do you have with the new tire model, what are your thoughts on the tire model.

2. Do you prefer tracks under 1 mile or tracks 1.5 or larger?

3. If you could meet any nascar Driver and get advice on be a successful driver, who would that be?

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview

1. How much experience do you have with the new tire model, what are your thoughts on the tire model.
   Whatever we did at Dega. I have yet to run anymore laps.

1.5 and larger.

3. If you could meet any nascar Driver and get advice on be a successful driver, who would that be?
   Probably someone that has had a harder route to the top, like a Landon Cassill. They all have talent but some have had a way harder time getting to show it.

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
1. Not much, raced a few this week but no usure whatsoever on the tires in degga for me

2. I like short tracks better, however a superspeedway once in a while is fun too

3. I don't have much knowledge of Nascar nowadays. Hate me if you want but I kinda liked Jeff Gordon when I was a kid.

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
1.  :?:

2. Anything really in the trucks. Smaller tracks in cup

3. As long as I’m raising money for animal shelters, don’t really care how successful I am on track since I’m here to have fun. But for the raising money part, Jamie little since she does so much with dog shelters herself

crazygoalie39

Name
1. I've done a decent amount since it's been released to the public. The feel is great once it comes in, but the fact that we run our fastest laps 5-10 laps into the run instead of lap 1 or 2 and the very minimal wear is unrealistic and needs to be fixed.

2. In general, 1.5 and larger. I tend to be better at them than the likes of ISM, Dover, New Hampshire, etc. I do like real short tracks like Martinsville and Bristol though.

3. William Byron. From what I hear, he started racing ON A COMPUTER!

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
crazygoalie39 said:
1. I've done a decent amount since it's been released to the public. The feel is great once it comes in, but the fact that we run our fastest laps 5-10 laps into the run instead of lap 1 or 2 and the very minimal wear is unrealistic and needs to be fixed. 
What track were you running at? We ran Chicagoland last night in cup and the wear seemed really good, and our fast laps were 1-2 laps into a run

Miker9253

Premium Member
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
  I'll say about 20 hour sessions in a few different cars. Better but still needs work.

1.5 or larger, Though I have good results at short tracks.

3. If you could meet any Nascar Driver and get advice on HOW TO* be a successful driver, who would that be?
  Jimmy Johnson, I mean he is the most successful driver, next to the King and Imtimidator.

Burnhakp

Name
Not at liberty to answer that.

1.5 or larger

3. If you could meet any Nascar Driver and get advice on HOW TO* be a successful driver, who would that be?
Larson to get some dirt tips.

MattyAubs

Premium Member
Name
Matthew Aubry
iRacing ID
I've ran a couple of K&N, but overall minimal experience.

I prefer the 1-1.5 mile, I generally do better on more technical tracks. Aside from this league I usually run Late Model and SK.

3. If you could meet any NASCAR Driver and get advice on HOW TO* be a successful driver, who would that be?
Matt D; for the same reasons Austin Hunter listed; great driver on medium-level equipment and has seen success.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. It's just been Wednesday and Sunday so far. Takes some adjustment, but I like it so far.

2. I feel like I run up front more on intermediate tracks and I enjoy them more, but normally get caught in crap more often than not, and finish better on short tracks.

3. Kurt Busch, but that's because I'm a mark and I'd probably talk everything else but racing with him lol

Jason_00

Name
You know, I kinda like the setup as is. I'm gonna be sad when they fix the bug and the thing turns into a snowplow again. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. How much experience do you have with the new tire model, what are your thoughts on the tire model.[/font]
Drove it on the K&N car a LOT so I'd say a good bit of experience. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Do you prefer tracks under 1 mile or tracks 1.5 or larger?
[/font]
I like both, but I'm pickier about the specific track than the length. As long as it's not a high line dominant conga line track, I'm good.  

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. If you could meet any nascar Driver and get advice on be a successful driver, who would that be?[/font]
Dale Sr. No doubt. 
Plus it would mean he'd still be alive and probably whupping up on Kyle Busch. 

JR_Smith33

Name
I've ran like two races, It takes the fun out of racing ovals honestly. I have transitioned to only road racing because of it.

Anything besides the restrictor plates. Put it into my hands.

Dale Earnhardt, because he knew something no one else did

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Bradley Holly said:
Pre Race Interview

1. Not a ton of experience so far but I prefer it over the old tire model. Just a bit of a learning curve. 

2. I like tracks under 1.5 miles. Short tracks are preferred to cookie cutter tracks. 

3. Even though I met Kevin Harvick as a kid, I'd like to pick his brain on how to be a better driver. Kyle Larson would be good too.