Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Race 2: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Oval (Sept 25)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Charlotte Motor Speedway - Oval.png

​
RFTR-RaceLogo.png
 ​
Gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-us-help-sara-pregnancy-car-accident​
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Time of Day: 18:08 (official lobby is 17:50)[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Race Length: 85 laps[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Max Incidents: 13[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fuel Limit: 100%[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Start: Rolling[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Fast Repair: 0[/font]

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
This race has been sponsored for a good cause! Please visit the gofundme link for more details.

younga01

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Adam J Young
iRacing ID
Thanks Jerome!

To expand; Last week, a member of our extended team's wife was in a serious car accident where she got hit in the side by a vehicle estimated going 75mph. She suffered numerous injuries that have required a longer hospital stay, but the prognosis is good. She was pregnant and tragically, a few days after the accident, they lost what would have been their first child. The Go Fund me was setup by someone he works with and it's to help with the inevitable mountain of medical bills they'll have. We can't ease their emotional pain, but we'd like to get the word out to ease the financial hurt.

Thanks PRL!

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview:

1. Would you rather be racing the roval or the oval?

2. If money didn't matter, what would you be doing with your life?

Bubba18

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Mark Kaelin Jr
iRacing ID
50/50 I'd like both no doubt

I'd be traveling the world on my 200ft 4 story yacht full of beautiful women!

Name
Pre Race Interview:

1. Would you rather be racing the roval or the oval? Roval for sure. I hate the Charlotte oval. Feels like there is never enough room on the track and for some reason the corner exit is very tricky for me here.

2. If money didn't matter, what would you be doing with your life? I would probably be travelling through many forms of luxurious transportation to do luxurious things... but then also racing.

Adamschoen

Premium Member
Name
Adam Schoen
iRacing ID
Oval for sure, even though coming out of turn 4 gives me a hard time for some reason.

Travel the world and race at every track the world has to offer or try to race at everyone

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. The answer is always oval lol

2. Outside of all the normal jazz, I would put all the effort I could to see if I could make the PBA.... also have the best sim rig money could buy lol

Adamschoen

Premium Member
Name
Adam Schoen
iRacing ID
So we have a bowler in the mix eh!? I bowled for a long time when I lived up north hootius

ZeKe_h30

Premium Member
Name
Adam Zemke
iRacing ID
I'm not a fan of either, just because I'm slow on both.

Racing or music, or both

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
chatley59 said:
Pre Race Interview:

1. Both. I'm happy that the trucks are on the oval and cup is on the Roval. Gotta change it up once in a while.

2. Traveling, taking photos, and building fun cars to drive/race/drift/etc.

amelikian

Name
1. I guess I'd say the roval since we have a lot of 1.5 mile tracks this season but I am way faster at the oval.

2. Hitting all of my bucket list races to attend. And probably start some type of business that is interesting to me. Maybe NASCAR consulting.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1.  Probably the Roval, I've never been too good here.

2.  Definitely be upgrading the racing rig...then spend a lot of time training for anything I could go pro in...which isn't anything but it'd be fun to try.

Mitchell Clark

Name
wow..... rookie class skill level was on excellent display tonight. If thats what we have to look forward to for the rest of the season i'll just focus on cup..

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Absolutely the worst race I've been apart of in my 2 years of being here. There was zero give and take. People didn't pay attention both during green and during yellow. No race etiquette being shown. I got rear ended under a caution, pushed into a wall by a damaged truck throwing blocks, and hit on a restart (followed by an attempt at getting wrecked on the following yellow). I felt like I was in rookie street stocks 10 years ago again. Disgusting is an understatement. The bright side is my team mate won. Good job William on surviving this demolition derby!

younga01

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Adam J Young
iRacing ID
My experience: in every league, at least once a season, there is a race where it just seems like there is something in the water. Hopefully we got ours out of the way early and I'm confident we did. Onto Iowa.

Good job Charles trying to control chaos tonight. Wasn't easy, I know. Been there, done that.

Name
It was a tough race for sure but at least 2 of the cautions were caused by netcode. 40 cars on that track was a lot but totally doable. People do need to pay more attention under cautions to:

1.) Not rear the end the guy in front you
2.) Catch up to the field

Overall though I had a lot of fun when we were green and had some great battles especially with the 24 car. I think Charlotte is alot trickier of a track than people expect it to be because that turn 4 exit is a little sharp feeling. It just also feels like going through the tri oval that there is just barely enough room for 2 cars so going 3 wide is going to cause problems. The set up being as tight as it was probably didnt help with that either but once we got into the race I felt the set up was pretty okay. Hopefully Iowa is better.

I also want to take the time to say, the practice session for this race is almost 3 hours long. Take advantage of that time. I probably put down 115 laps before the race. You dont need to use the whole 3 hours, but at least try to use 30-45 minutes to get a little comfortable.

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
Worst race I've seen in my time on the PRL league. I apologized to Rachel after that hit on the front stretch, even tho broadcast said she came down on me I can say I came up not knowing she was there. That being said I don't know what was up yesterday but a lot of things went rly wrong. After starting first and falling back behind will, We got moved down to 7 and 8th position on the restart, which is fine. However the outside line completly jammed on the restart causing a lot of car to get caught up and get damage. If you are to not switch tires like that, please make sure you don't miss your start because guys with brand new tires behind don't always have the time to check up. Please let us know on the mic if you miss a start and which lane it is so that stuff don't happen. It was really frustrating.