Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Race 2: Bristol Motor Speedway (27Apr18)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Bristol%20Motor%20Speedway.png

Laps: 250
Race Name in Game: Bass Pro Shop Night Race

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview

1. So far in Heat 2, we saw only two cautions at Richmond, and a caution free race at Martinsville. Do you think we could keep the trend going for Bristol, or do you see us having more than a handful of cautions?

2. We are looking at having a All-Star type race during our bye week coming up. Looking like we will tackle Vegas for this. Is there any kind of special format that you would like to see that would make it more fun?

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
1. So far in Heat 2, we saw only two cautions at Richmond, and a caution free race at Martinsville. Do you think we could keep the trend going for Bristol, or do you see us having more than a handful of cautions?
Based on this game not throwing the caution at times when it should, it's possible. But I think with the high likelihood for someone to spin out coming off the corner, we will see at least a handful. Hope I'm wrong though.

2. We are looking at having a All-Star type race during our bye week coming up. Looking like we will tackle Vegas for this. Is there any kind of special format that you would like to see that would make it more fun?
I have to admit I always loved the heat races format we did. Make the main race a smaller field and have to race your way into it. 

Meattyloaf

Name
1. I think there will be more than what we've seen at short tracks, but not by many the banking will play a role for sure in determining this.

2. I think all past Champions and last season and this season race winners should be locked in maybe extend beyond that since it is our first all star race. Then heats to determine the rest of field, have 1 and 2nd non-qualified drivers of each heat make it to the main. Qualifying order determined by random draw

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
I have a feeling we're definitely going to see some cautions unfortunately. Guys are going to see some times and it's going to be too tempting to set up cars loose to try to match those times. Though I almost wonder if more cautious will be caused by guys getting into the wall on the exit (causing the car to stop on a dime) then spinning off loose.

I would like to go old-school with it as Past champions and race winners get locked in spots. And then mix in our own former heat race way of doing it to where we could do two Heats, allow the winner of each to get in, and then one LCQ for the final two spots. Not sure if I would want to do any kind of inversion of the field during the race at any point though.

vWardude

Name
1. I do think the exit of 2 and 4 will cause some mistakes tonight, I just hope it won’t pile up. I have confidence in the guys to run some green flag laps tonight

2. I think we all need to buy a $5 version of some sort of WWE game, royal rumble, beat the crap out each other. The league needs this damnit!

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Q: 5th
Car felt really weird compared to practice. Extremely loose on entry and I was over a .1 sec off what I should have qualified.

R: 5th
Happy with the Top 5, but I was an aggravating night. Contact on Lap 2 to put me in the back of the field and it was just so hard to try to pass without touching someone. If I hug the bottom of a turn exit trying to make a pass, the car would snap loose bad. So I had to make a desperation call at the end of the 2nd Segment to get track position back. That put me on a different pit schedule and took away any hope I would have of a win, but not sure if I could have raced my way into a Top 5 from the back, even with the speed I had, without moving cars out of the way.

vWardude

Name
Q:2nd

Got in some nice laps, felt my best lap come on the final lap having a great run throughout 1 and 2 then a great entry into 3 before just catching traffic out of 4.

R:2nd

I’m happy with the finish, definitely felt I let this one go by pushing too hard and allowing Jake to slowly gain on my 1.8 second lead as my tires wore. I took home 1st and 2nd in the stage as well as the fastest lap for the night, I took home the most points despite finishing 2nd, that will put me right back in it for another title run. 

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Q: 8th

Just didn't have the pace here this week. Never felt comfortable with the car and it showed in my times. Could have run a tenth or so better, but didn't get a great lap in.

R: 9th

Showed a little more pace early in the race as I had raced up into the top 6. Had an issue that put me in the back. Before the end of the 2nd stage we had a late caution. I gambled with a 2 tire stop as I had stopped only 5-7 laps earlier. It got me starting 3rd and I was able to hold off a charging Jake for the final stage point. Late in the race I made a mistake trying to make my final pit stop and hit the inside wall trying to get down as early as I could to pit with cars close behind. Luckily I didn't bounce off it into traffic and only cost myself a lap with the incident.

Overall a race to forget. Back to back poor finishes is not the start I was looking for, but I hope to see better pace in the coming weeks.

Meattyloaf

Name
Q:6th
I was honestly surprised when I put that flat down

R: 13th (DNF-DC)
I felt I was putting together a top 5 performance till I had a run in with another driver racing for 5th that resulted in me getting shoved onto the apron. Luckily, I saved it and kept it off of the track to avoid collecting others. Due to this I feel to the back and was stuck there. Started to make progress through the field when I got the end of someone else's mess. I recovered was making may way back through the field when I DCed in, I believe 7th. This DC ends my streak of top 10 finishes that dates all the way back to Season 3 and my streak of top 5 finishes that dates back to last season. Bristol seems to be the bad track for me when it comes to DCs as I am 2 for 2 at the track. Now we move onto a track that seems to always treat me well even when I struggle as our last trip there I was a one man team with a really terrible setup and still managed to finish third and in season 1 I was wrecked under caution by the one that won't be named when I was running third late in the race got regulated to the back and somehow managed to I believe get my first top 5 in again a terrible car. Therefore, I am looking forward to Kansas both in cup and trucks.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Friday Night 9PM EDT: Nascar Heat 2 Cup Season 5/Race 2 Bristol

Qualifying for the Cup cars was even closer than the Trucks on Wednesday night, as the  Top 3 qualifiers were all within .05 seconds of one another. Jake Giroux (JakeGirouX24) claimed the Pole as he did on Wednesday, besting Michael Caterino (vWardude) and Patrick Kevin (Green_MilePie) by very slim margins. Kyle Spencer (KDawgHonda777) and Charles Sumner (Hootius) rounded out the Top 5.

Jake and Charles would have issues in the 1st Segment, and find themselves in the back and trying to race themselves back up into the Top 5 throughout the race. Michael would claim the 1st Segment, followed by Kyle and Patrick receiving the bonus points. Kyle would take the lead in the 2nd Segment and swap positions with Michael. Aaron Webb (AaronWebb85) used pit strategy off of a late caution to claim the final bonus point of the Segment. To start the final Segment of the race, Charles would make a gamble call with 2 tires to try to gain track position back. He would lead a few laps before being overtaken by the fellow Top 5 qualifiers. The action would be close, fenders would be rubbed, and the leaders would also need to navigate through lapped traffic as well as battling with each other. When it was all said and done, Jake would claim his first Win of the Season (4th of his Career), beating Michael by a mere 1.029 seconds after 75 minutes of racing. Patrick, Kyle and Charles would round out the Top 5, having the drivers finish in the order that they qualified in. Michael denied Jake the Hat Trick as he took the “Fast Lap of the Race Award” and setting a new Bristol lap record for the League. Nick Michaud (NickCM12) and Owen Bridges (Habob69) tied for the “Hard Charger Award”, each gaining 3 positions throughout the race on route to Top 10 finishes.

After 2 races, the is no room for error on top of the Drivers Championship battle. Kyle Spencer (KDawgHonda777) leads Jake Giroux (JakeGirouX24) by 1 point, Charles Sumner (Hootius) by 4 points, Michael Caterino (vWardude) by 8 points, and Patrick Kevin (Green_MilePie) by 9 points.

In the Team Championship, TeamXstream {Jake Giroux (JakeGirouX24) and Patrick Kevin (Green_MilePie)} takes an early 15 point lead over Car Ramrod {Charles Sumner (Hootius) and Aaron Webb (AaronWebb85)}.

Jake Giroux

Name
Q. 1st
R. 1st
Back to a Short track the best kind of tracks i say, the only tracks where my statts would be decent . Couldn't wait to start this race
I had a awsome race a great car i felt like i had atleast a top5 top 3 car, race started off great with a nice lead not pushing to hard,
But on the first caution "Crew cheif said stay out" (forgot to hit X to accept changes) once i made my stop i was 2 laps down,
after a segment and a quick caution i was right back in it charging hard to the front, wasn't easy but we got there,
After a full tire run i think i had the best car but only when everyones tires were below 40% on fresh tires i felt a bit slower then the #21 and #88
I learned alot from the Wednesday Truck race just by watching war and kdawg race the track

Either way we all did a great job, was a exciting race all night , was a awsome race and battleing
every driver was great I had a blast and happy to get a win for TeamXstream #78 JakeGirouX24

bodine7311

Name
Q:12 R:11 I did a lot of practicing during the week - and although I had a best lap of 16.6 it was with a car I couldn't control. I adjusted some things and found I was able to clock 17.4s and be smooth through the corners and not spin out. Knowing this wouldn't compete with the top dogs of this fine league, my goal was to run smooth laps - get out of the way when passed - and finish the race no worse than 10 laps off the pace. I ended up 8 laps down and 242 laps at Bristol was quite the workout. I feel I accomplished my personal goals for the race. I benefited from some folks disconnecting to maintain my spot in the top 10 in points. Very much looking forward to Kansas if I get a spot.