Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

PRL Thursday Night Open Wheelers 2022 Season 3

Which open wheel car would you like to race in PRL next season?

• Total voters

tegatai

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
James R Carter
iRacing ID
We're looking for feedback to help us shape Thursday Night Open Wheel Racing on PRL for next Season.

tegatai

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
James R Carter
iRacing ID
You want me to get divorce ? :)
I would prefer one car, two races ;-)
So when I bin it during the first race, I can redeem myself after :)
What about a short Sprint Race (no pit stops) to determine the starting grid for the main event (fuel limits & pit stops like we do now)? I am just looking out for your marriage, man :)

AlexF

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Alex Fournier
iRacing ID
What about a short Sprint Race (no pit stops) to determine the starting grid for the main event (fuel limits & pit stops like we do now)? I am just looking out for your marriage, man :)
Thanks mate !
I think it’s could be interesting

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I have been having a blast in the official races with the IR-04, and whenever I drive it I keep thinking it would be awesome for the amateur league. It's one of the few cars in iRacing that I can push past the limit with the confidence that I can get it back 99% of the time. The power to grip balance is dead on. And I think the speeds are quick enough to be fun and exciting, but well within our amateur abilities to race wheel-to-wheel properly.
Setup is very easy, as there are not many adjustable features. I've been mostly sticking with the iRacing sets in officials and have been very competitive. If I change anything it's usually just a balance adjustment to suit my driving style. It has a halo, but the center bar can be made transparent, so it's actually less distracting than the antenna on the F3. If you haven't tried it yet, then I definitely suggest giving it a few laps of your time.

This concludes my short essay on why I think the AM open wheel series should drive the IR-04 next season. Thank you for your consideration. 😋

tegatai

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
James R Carter
iRacing ID
I have been having a blast in the official races with the IR-04, and whenever I drive it I keep thinking it would be awesome for the amateur league. It's one of the few cars in iRacing that I can push past the limit with the confidence that I can get it back 99% of the time. The power to grip balance is dead on. And I think the speeds are quick enough to be fun and exciting, but well within our amateur abilities to race wheel-to-wheel properly.
Setup is very easy, as there are not many adjustable features. I've been mostly sticking with the iRacing sets in officials and have been very competitive. If I change anything it's usually just a balance adjustment to suit my driving style. It has a halo, but the center bar can be made transparent, so it's actually less distracting than the antenna on the F3. If you haven't tried it yet, then I definitely suggest giving it a few laps of your time.

This concludes my short essay on why I think the AM open wheel series should drive the IR-04 next season. Thank you for your consideration. 😋
I put a poll in the iRacing forum for iR-04 to gauge interest and am seeing a few hits.

There is still strong interest in F3, so now we’re looking at what event to run on Thursdays before the F3 race :)

AlexF

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Alex Fournier
iRacing ID
I have a question and I know it’s not in the PRL hand but :

How do you find the track this season ?

For myself, I find difficult to race on those small track or weird track we had (Panorama, Oulton, Philip Island and Virginia this week). I’m also not a big fan of Road Atlanta in F3.

Some track are fun for lapping but I find the racing difficult.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
I have a question and I know it’s not in the PRL hand but :

How do you find the track this season ?

For myself, I find difficult to race on those small track or weird track we had (Panorama, Oulton, Philip Island and Virginia this week). I’m also not a big fan of Road Atlanta in F3.

Some track are fun for lapping but I find the racing difficult.
I believe the best way to see the potential upcoming schedule is through the iGPfun league discord server. They have a section for official F3 session stuff. https://forums.iracing.com/discussion/22134/2022-s3-pick-a-track-to-use-next-season is a proposed schedule shown on iRacing forums

Sorry I am not able to send invites to that discord channel. I think I found the link on the iracing official forums to join it.

AlexF

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Alex Fournier
iRacing ID
i know that Luca from the IGPFun is in charge of the schedule. He do a great job and he have a system to rotate the track.

I was just wondering what the drivers from PRL think of the schedule this season.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
i know that Luca from the IGPFun is in charge of the schedule. He do a great job and he have a system to rotate the track.

I was just wondering what the drivers from PRL think of the schedule this season.
Ahh sorry Alex, I misunderstood you!

SRidders

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Steven Ridders
iRacing ID
At the end of the day, there is a limited number of tracks that one would consider ideal for formula cars like F3.

There have been a couple of tracks this season that were smaller and had shorter straights that limited the chance to overtake.

Saying that iRacing also changed the aero characteristics and tire model which I think have tightened the gap between drivers. You can see it in the qual times. This also makes it harder to pass when the pace is so close.

Not sure if this is what you were talking about, but after we have a couple more seasons with these new models will we actually see where f3 stands.

tegatai

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
James R Carter
iRacing ID
I've been enjoying the track selection this season. However, with the tire/car/track changes new for this season, I struggled to get on pace with my peers at Imola. I really enjoyed Bathurst.

Overall, the new tire model is working for me and my lack of talent ;)