Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Preseason Race 2: Spain - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (29Mar18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Pre-Race Interview:
1) How did your race go last week at Monza?
2) After one test session, how do you like the car that you picked for this season?
3) Spain is very different from Monza, how will you tackle this track?

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Familiar. Most of my practice has been for round 1. I did have some decent speed for Italy, but as always I did no wet practice and it showed. I just don't have the car control I used to in the wet. Crashed in quali and started tail end. Worked my way up 6 position until I put it in the wall and lost a wing. 4 wing changes later I had a fun finish. I was 2.5 seconds behind Ch4p for 10th but had Bubba a lead lap car between us. I waited until Bubba had a slip up to overtake and thankfully was able to escape the blue flags in half a lap. Caught Ch4p and made a pass out of Ascari on the final lap. Fun finish to an otherwise forgetful race.

2) After one test session, how do you like the car that you picked for this season?

I have liked the feel of this Force India since the release. Happy my new teammate Bemoore made the selection. I am hoping to prove a lot of people wrong in this pink car this season!

I will be missing this last preseason race, looking forward to a strong performance at Australia though!

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
I was in contention for a podium until I screwed up in the changing conditions.  Ended up being disappointing but a lesson learned.

The Williams seems pretty good.  It does seem like there is a little more over-steer with it, unless its just in my head :D

This track is a weird one for me.  I feel like on fresh tires I do alright, but then when they start to go off I struggle.  Will have to work on that.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Full Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID

Ive begun to learn about this car, I only finished 1 lap in practice and wrecked out in Q. Then I managed 20 something laps with just a couple small bobbles before a good spin.

Its a nice color....the end. Going to take a lot of bringing up the rear but I will improve.

Cant say for sure if ive turned a lap here. Should be fun.

Odemdemz98

Awful. Bottled quali, spun in the race, disconnected, and half spun about 3 times. How I got a podium. Towards the end of the race my pace was very good though. Fastest lap with wing damage.

Yeah. The McHonda's alright. I'd have preferred the Force India though.

Better then I tackled Monza. Well, it couldn't be much worse.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Here is the race feed from yesterday:

[youtube]0E1aAj9R3jE[/youtube]

Definitely off the pace for 1 lap.  I think I may have been able to get close to a 1:18.5 but on my second attempt I took too much curb and cut.

As for the race I had a good battle with Aero, but since I had high DF and he was lower, I could not get a pass on the straight easily.  I decided to try and do a two stop just to see what would happen.  Came out then behind Majacko and it took me awhile to get by again.  At this point I probably already lost 10 seconds at least through each stint.  For the last 13 laps I had to catch aero again and then we had a pretty crazy battle side by side through many turns.  It was a great time racing with him.

Had to settle for P4.