Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Preseason Race 2: Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (21SEP17 @ 9:00pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Belgium.png

Unfortunately the game still has a number of bugs that are impacting our ability to run league races. Therefore we are delaying the start of the season at least one week. We will re-evaluate the game after the next patch 1.7 which is due mid week next week.

Lap Guide Video:
[youtube]xkegbM-_n7Y[/youtube]

Time Chart:
Alien 1:43.5   (top 50)
Fast  1:44.3   (top 250)

Good  1:44.8  (top 500)

Comp  1:45.6 (top 1000)

Pre-Race Interview:
1) How did your first-preseason race go last week?
2) This week we will be in SPA, how do you like this track?
3) Now that you got a race in with your chosen car do you like it?  If not which car do you wish you had?

AJccentric

Name
1. I'd say it went quite well. I had one spin which caused me to lose my front wing, but besides that it went pretty well.

2. I think this track is sort of overrated, but I still like it. I'm not really good or bad at it.

3. I enjoyed how my Force India drove

Bemoore

Premium Member
Name

It started off great, but a few mistakes toward the end resulted in not a good finish for me. Great wheel to wheel racing with jrod and Brian were the highlight of my race.

Not one of my favorite tracks, but looking forward to trying it for the first time in the new car.

3) Now that you got a race in with your chosen car do you like it? If not which car do you wish you had?

I like the Williams, but the pink ladies are my personal favorite so far.

Name

It went really well. I put in a lot of practice to get a couple of those turns right and i was able to shave a couple seconds over my previous fast laps. We had a good battle with a few cars early on, and once the pack started separating, I had fun trying to out think Ditch and guess when / if he was going to take a pit stop. His 1 stop strategy beat me. 

I love Spa, it's a fun track. The new cars are noticeably different on this track too. Eau Rouge feels pretty tame now, and going flat out on turns 15 - 18 is a blast. I need to get in more practice though. I would like to get another second off my time.

3) Now that you got a race in with your chosen car do you like it?  If not which car do you wish you had?

Even with a late pick, I got the Toro Rosso I wanted. I would prefer one of the Mercs, but being a newb to league racing, I didn't want the pressure of being in that seat, haha. 

porq_chopz

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) How did your first-preseason race go last week?[/font]
Ugh. That about sums it up the best. I got wing damage thanks to a pile up in front of me, and that basically ended my race. No big deal though considering it was just pre-season.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) This week we will be in SPA, how do you like this track?[/font]

Umm, well I like it more than Australia, but not by much.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) Now that you got a race in with your chosen car do you like it?  If not which car do you wish you had?[/font]

To be fair it isn't my chosen car. I just got my chosen teammate. I really wanted to avoid the McLaren as I'm not to fond of it. But it wasn't my last pick so thats a plus.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Forgot to post my race recap.  In quali I ended up with a 1:43.8 which was not too bad.  I think my PB in online quali was 1:43.6 so not bad.

As for the race I got a bad start and then had to back out so Eu Rouge was not 3 wide.  From there I had a good battle with Lance and he overtook my on the SS compound.  A few laps later Bemoore overtook me on the S tires, so I knew I was on a similar strategy as those guys going for a 1 stop.

Forza and McSendit both spun so this gained us all Spots.  Looks like the Renaults were battling hard with Mebbe.

[youtube]DxkqZ01ccvg[/youtube]
Finally as the stops cycled through Mebbe was in first and then I was catching him.  On the last 2 laps I was in DRS and was catching but the dirty air was so bad in S2 that I could not do alot there.  I got side by side twice in the bus stop but could not make it stick. 

Great racing there and congrats to Mebbe and also Bemoore on the strong performances. 

Also hats off to Lance because he would have been right there as well if he did not damage his wing on my car.  That would have been a crazy battle.  Looks like we might be battling all season long!