Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 1 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2022 Season 1 are currently open for all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Preseason Race 1: Italy - Autodromo Nazionale Monza (22Mar18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S1
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Italy.png

Pre-Race Interview:
1) Another season is in the books.  If you could use one word to summarize last season what would it be?
2) What did you learn from last season? Could be anything.
3) As per the real F1 season, do you think any teams will make a big splash, dare I even say take the fight to the Mercs/Lewis Hamilton at the top?

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S1
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
1) Another season is in the books.  If you could use one word to summarize last season what would it be?
Struggle - I didn't have a lot of practice time and had a lot of bad luck early-mid season. Luckily found some speed toward the end and hoping it carries forward to next season.

McSendit is an alien.

3) As per the real F1 season, do you think any teams will make a big splash, dare I even say take the fight to the Mercs/Lewis Hamilton at the top?
I'm hopeful Ferrari closes the gap a bit more. It was a lot closer last season but they were clearly behind. Interested to see how McLaren improves now that they aren't hamstrung by the Honda (gp2) engine.

AerosStrike

Name
1.  Consistency. I may have not gotten that maiden win but consistently finishing in the points secured me 3rd place in the drivers championship.

2.  My starting stints need a lot more work on, especially traction off the start.  Also everyone hates the rain for some reason...

3.  Redbull is going to be closer to the pace of Merc and Ferrari this year which should spice some things up, but the battle in the midfield is going to be what to watch this year with more teams catching up to Force India in pace.

XSYSE

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S1
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1)  First season so I'll be starting from the ground floor.  My speed is off right now but I'm getting more consistent.  So just trying to get over the learning curve for these cars.

2) N/A

3) I agree Ferrari will come close this season

McSendit

Name
1) Another season is in the books. If you could use one word to summarize last season what would it be?

Unexpected. Can't believe at one point I thought about giving up.

2) What did you learn from last season? Could be anything

I now have a strong understanding of how to set up the car. Also, I'm having a lot more fun racing without traction control, although I may be a little slower.

It seemed like Red Bull had a very quick car towards the end of the 2017 season, hopefully they can carry that speed over to this year. But I bet it's gonna be another year of Mercedes dominance. I'd like to see LeClerc do well in the Sauber and I'm rooting for Bottas in the WDC.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Attendance.  I had to miss too many races.  I could have been closer to Aero but it still would have been tough.

Don't put too much stock into TT setups.  It seems that TT is get to get used to a track, but the setups can sometimes be very different.  I don't understand why you cannot do more than practice in an online session by yourself.  I guess the lesson to be learned is practice online with friends.

I think the Mercs are sandbagging, so we will see. I just hope like 4-5 teams have a chance at winning and it will be an interesting season.  I think it will come down to how good the Renault engine is, because if it is good then RBR, McLaren, and Renault will be contenders.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
McSendit said:
1) Another season is in the books.  If you could use one word to summarize last season what would it be?

Unexpected. Can't believe at one point I thought about giving up.

2) What did you learn from last season? Could be anything

I now have a strong understanding of how to set up the car. Also, I'm having a lot more fun racing without traction control, although I may be a little slower.

It seemed like Red Bull had a very quick car towards the end of the 2017 season, hopefully they can carry that speed over to this year. But I bet it's gonna be another year of Mercedes dominance. I'd like to see LeClerc do well in the Sauber and I'm rooting for Bottas in the WDC.

I think the real one word answer here is CHAMPION.

dszman

Name
1) Another season is in the books. If you could use one word to summarize last season what would it be?
Forget. Had to learn to be more cautious in the first few laps because, without a SC, one little mistake will ruin the race. Also I'm just a lot slower in this iteration of the game.

What I lack in speed I need to make up for with consistency and keeping my wings in tact.

I am 100% out on F1...looking forward to a potential Wickens / Rossi battle though.

drewdawg727

Name
Unfortunately, I am going to miss both of the preseason races. My schedule is filled up through the end of March. Slight chance I make next week's but i will be ready come the start of the season.

Hopeful. I have some good pace in this game from racing in a couple of other leagues but also didn't take it too seriously since I was only a reserve. I am hoping to contend for some race wins this season.

I was pleased that I was just as fast / if not faster with all the assists off compared to some of this guys with the assists on.

I think it is going to mostly be a repeat of last season. Ferrari will be on pace or quicker than Merc until the European season and then start to drop off. Force India appears lost and Haas appears quick so hoping that they have their best season yet.

ranga

Name
Pre-Race Interview:
1) Another season is in the books.  If you could use one word to summarize last season what would it be?

That was my first season with really fast people, so a humbling experience is what I would describe it as. I did half in D2, and had great fun, and was excited about the promotion to D1 during the second half. I saw the pace I was lacking and gave me a lot of motivation to improve and commit time to practicing more.

As mentioned, how slow I am. This season AMG called me up to have the opportunity of teaming up with the defending champion, McSendit, and in the first few days I learned a lot on ways to improve my speed. I hope this trend continues throughout the season, as he's crazy fast and a great mentor.

Also, as I generally start in the midfield, how key patience and keeping your wings in tact can gain you so many positions throughout the track.

I know Ferrari are considering their car to be the diva this year, but I still think Seb will bring the fight. I will be rooting for Hamilton, but Seb is still a 4-time champion and can deliver the goods. Kimi not so much, but the Ferrari will be in the hunt, I'm sure of it. I also think the future of F1, Verstappen, will have a lot of strong performances this year as he is now the top dog at RB, as much as I love Ricciardo, it's going to be tough to keep up with him. Haven't missed watching in a race in many years, hope to continue this season.

jrod15243

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Another season is in the books. If you could use one word to summarize last season what would it be?[/font]
Progress. First full season as a full-time driver for PRL. Really enjoyed it, and learned a ridiculous amount along the way. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) What did you learn from last season? Could be anything.[/font]
Learned the most about race & tyre strategy. Hope to convert my solid qualifying results into better finishes this coming season by putting everything I've learned to work. Had a number of races where I finished 2-3 spots back from where I qualified due to either inconsistency or due to tyre strategy mistakes. I hope to have a bit more time to practice this season in order to improve. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) As per the real F1 season, do you think any teams will make a big splash, dare I even say take the fight to the Mercs/Lewis Hamilton at the top?[/font]
I think RedBull could be stronger than they showed during pre-season testing, and might have a chance to make it a 3-way battle for the championship (I know that's what everyone is hoping for). I also think Haas could be a bit of a dark horse, and maybe they can even challenge Renault/McLaren for #4 in the constructors. 

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
[youtube]GosP7nf6oJM[/youtube]

I had decent pace on the full wets, but got greedy since it was a preseason race and tried an inters stint but it was not the tire to be on.

For the race I was able to extend the first inters stint a long way, but was unable to keep up with the top 3.  It looks like it was going to dry out as it stopped raining half way through the race.  Unfortunately it did not.  I really needed to pit and I took to the soft tire but it stayed wet.  Definitely learned not to trust Jeffey.