Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Pre Season Test/ Car Selection Poll

Which Car Do You Plan On Running

• Audi

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Ferrari

• Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Merc

• Total voters

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
This is not set in stone.
I would like to have a 1 hour test session this coming Monday 8/24
We are following the VRS Sprint schedule . WK 1 is supposed to be Barcelona.
So that's where I would like to test . 
I propose we run fixed {baseline setups} for this one so no one has an advantage.
It would only be a 1 hour session during Monday's regular time slot.
I'm thinking 8-9 PM Eastern Time.
I could do another the Monday after.
Open to suggestions

dvdstvsn

Name
Not sure what car I want to run as yet. The Merc is the ol' standby, but I've really liked running the Macca this season. The Ferrari is usually a good drive too, and the Audi is decent on some tracks for me. The BMW I've only run a few times but seemed ok as well...

Out of curiosity what would this test session be for in particular? Just to see who's quick/where you are in relation to other drivers? Or...?

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Fuel load, opinions on the different cars.
That's why I put up the poll.
Trying to get a couple of each on the track together so we can see what the strengths & weakness are.
That's also why I think running baseline would be good for the 1st session.
If the interest is there, the next one would be open set.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
I voted BMW, but I have the Audi and Ferrari as well, so not set in stone to the Bimmer.  I'll try and make the test session for sure.

would we be able to back out and jump in another car? I'm guessing we could if we get there early enough... sorry, still painfully new to iRacing and the sim racing thing in general.

I could contribute to the room if needed, to maybe make it a two-hour session.  Just let me know how to do it... through iRacing, paypal, etc...

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
Unfortunately iRacing does not allow that.
Once you click Join Session, you're stuck with that car even in practice session .
It would be a nice feature though.

Okie doke.
icon_thumright.gif

dvdstvsn

Name
I put myself down for the McLaren just to have one in the test. Not 100% sure I'll run it for the season but I am strongly considering it.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Thanks for opening that test session, Gary.  The BMW was using about 0.7-0.8 per lap as well (I don't have an app or anything to know for sure, just have to watch my fuel in the black box).  I wasn't as slow as I thought I would be and the BMW felt pretty easy to drive (kinda neutral) so I may end up going with it, not like I can see the outside of the car while racing anyway!!  :lol:  I do love the Ferrari and the Audi, though.
Definitely gonna try and get more practice in for this series, and besides, these cars are just more fun to drive.  Looking forward to next week already.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
julypalace said:
488 was around 0.84 gallons per lap

That 488 was mean looking goin' round the track, Julio!!  I jumped on board with you to see if I could duplicate your lines - you're just so much smoother than I am; braking, throttle, even steering inputs (especially steering...).  I have a lot to work on, but trying to get better.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I watched top speed on each car.
All were right around 161 mph before braking.
It's going to be tough choosing the right car as they all have their strengths and weakness on different tracks.
I'm waiting on a decision regarding that. Will post something if approved.

julypalace

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Julio Palacio
iRacing ID
barryf1fan said:
julypalace said:
488 was around 0.84 gallons per lap

That 488 was mean looking goin' round the track, Julio!!  I jumped on board with you to see if I could duplicate your lines - you're just so much smoother than I am; braking, throttle, even steering inputs (especially steering...).  I have a lot to work on, but trying to get better.

You were quick in the Bimmer, nice job!  Will be definitely testing it out as well.