Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Pre-Season Race 2 - WeatherTech Raceway at Laguna Seca (Sept 13)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Mazda%20Raceway%20Laguna%20Seca.png

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Practice (80 minutes) @ 8PM EDT
Qualifying (10 minutes) @ 9:20PM EDT
Race (30 minutes) @ 9:30PM EDT

**Yes - I know the graphic shows the wrong sponsor, but even iRacing hasn't updated their graphic!**

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Hey guys, I had some time to practice today so figured I would try this again to see if anyone is interested.  I am sharing my Blap and Olap files.  If you don't know what to do with these, here is a link to a post some super cool guy wrote about it once upon a time.  My thoughts are if anyone who has time to run preliminary laps at a track, they could share their lap files in each race topic.

So this is not a great track for me, but I managed to cobble together a 1:39.329, and an optimal of 1:39.0  with afternoon weather giving me a track temp of 38C (101F)  Keep in mind that track temperature is hugely influential on times.  Colder track = faster times.

You can usually find Blap and Olap files on the official forum post for each track as well, but I would be curious to see the people I am racing!  No way I am keeping up to Philippe anyways haha.  I personally would find it much more motivational to try and chase you guys down when I am running laps.

Oh yeah, be sure to delete your old Blap and Olap files and run new laps before posting, the car is slower since the update!

Link to dropbox with Blap and Olap files

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
One little note about Matt's post regarding Blap/Olap files - you can load specific files once in the sim. You don't have to delete yours and rename, etc. All you have to do is save the file in the current track folder under User\Documents\iRacing\lapfiles\*track*

This allows you to try different laps to chase in the same session. The loading dialog is found under the Options tab / Split Time Delta portion of the settings menu. See the highlighted "Load" button of the attached screenshot for clarification.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    787.2 KB · Views: 162

MattMiles44

Premium Member
Name
Matthew Miles
iRacing ID
Ohhhh here we go!!! Seca is by far my favorite. I also did a hosted race session with both Loyarte and Vallarino. These dudes are fast! Vallarino checked out from the field running low 1:37s (morning) and Loyarte started from the pits and caught up to me to pass me on the final lap. Watch out for these two!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
No worries, my expectations are low. I only aim to beat Tyler and Panda.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
MattMiles44 said:
Ohhhh here we go!!! Seca is by far my favorite. I also did a hosted race session with both Loyarte and Vallarino. These dudes are fast! Vallarino checked out from the field running low 1:37s (morning) and Loyarte started from the pits and caught up to me to pass me on the final lap. Watch out for these two!

Ban them  :lol: 

I knocked out an official race there last night.  Managed to keep the leaders in front of me through 3/4 race distance.  Clocked in a 1:37.2 for my fastest lap, granted it was in their draft.  Fun, close racing to be had here. 

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Shouldn't be a problem. I'm slow and Paul will bin it.

Only issue I see is that 1 fast repair. Just sitting there, calling your name. From qualifying to the grid it's taunting you. The temptation will be real, but you must resist. Remember what you learned at all of those support group meetings. To finish ahead of, well, anyone really - first you must finish. Kicking a fast repair addiction is hard, but you can do it lil fella!!

:D

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
TRG said:
Shouldn't be a problem. I'm slow and Paul will bin it.

Only issue I see is that 1 fast repair. Just sitting there, calling your name. From qualifying to the grid it's taunting you. The temptation will be real, but you must resist. Remember what you learned at all of those support group meetings. To finish ahead of, well, anyone really - first you must finish. Kicking a fast repair addiction is hard, but you can do it lil fella!!

:D

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x 

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Just remember to do your updates the day before the race. Especially if you have butt slow internet like someone we know...........  :p

FYI, they fixed the tire pressure issue, but the Camber and Caster settings are still different.

MattMiles44

Premium Member
Name
Matthew Miles
iRacing ID
I watched the replay and on the final lap I screamed into the radio. Sorry bout that, i'll control my excitement next time. Sometimes I just get way too into it. I'll cheer to myself next time lol.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Good racing guys! Nice win Jeff. I couldn't even see you after a couple of laps.
It's going to be a fun season with this large group! Cya guys next week.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I had fun chasing you down Tyler, but after i pulled a Paul through the corkscrew it was game over.

Good job finishing out front Chris!

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
I enjoyed the race last night. I completely butchered the start, I guess I was day dreaming or something.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
The start of the new season is only a week away!  If the preseason races are any indication, we’re in for an exciting season full of action from all over the grid.  

Last season’s rivalries are firmly in tact, and the team championship battle should be fierce.  Pre Season Racing at Latina Seca saw much of the field engage in wheel to wheel racing from pretty much start to finish.  But aggressive driving with clean overtakes was the order of the day, seeing a vast majority of the 25 car grid finishing the race!

There are a few seats open, but the grid is filling up quick!  There’s still plenty of room for drivers of all skill levels to slot in and be part of the action!  We’d love to see you on track, so head over to precisionracingleague.com to sign up today!

https://youtu.be/rylvzGXSSpo

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Jefferson Padovani tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. He should be banned immediately.

MattMiles44

Premium Member
Name
Matthew Miles
iRacing ID
awesome that you got my battle with chris and james on that replay, it was nuts. I can happily say I'm glad I gooned myself out of 2nd for that awesome 3-car battle for 4th! Had more fun in those final laps than I did in 2nd for majority of the race! can't wait till the start of the season