Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Pre-Season: Great Britain - Silverstone Circuit (21Mar18 @ 9pm EDT)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Great%20Britain.png

Pre-race Interview
1) A new season, new chapter! What are your expectations for Season 13?
2) F1 2018 season is starting soon! What will be the strongest teams this year?
3) Will you use the same setup you ran at Silverstone in S12 or will you use a new one?

Formation Lap (message from Dark)
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]There will not be a formation lap, we tested last week and it will create even more problems. We both took the decision to avoid using the formation lap again for this season. We tested multiple things, like collisions and people get ghosted back to their grid spot while others drive around. Per example, I was driving around normally and Jerome hit me in the back and both of us were ghosted back to the grid spot. We already have enough people complaining about incidents in the races we don't want to deal about incidents for the formation lap.[/font]

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Thanks a lot to Bobino12 who sponsored the pre-season race!

Pre-race interview is up!

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I am hoping to consistently put up points every race and fight to be in the top 5.

I still don't know much about F1 but I'm learning. Hoping to see more success from the Red Bulls and less so from the Ferraris. I am reading that Ferrari has put better times in this year but lets hope low reliability brings them down in the standings, unlikely.

3) Will you use the same setup you ran at Silverstone in S12 or will you use a new one?
Probably my least favourite track, I missed it last season for reasons I cannot remember so I don't have a setup for it at the moment. This does give me a chance to practice on it for the full season though.

Bobino12

Premium Member
Name
I'm happy to sponsorise this pre-season race in Silverstone with the PRL.

Thank you to the organizers who still believe in the Formula 1 racing even if the actual game is not perfect but very good in my opinion. Also, that's the last chance to play the game without the ugly halo. Every Cockpit and T-Cam drivers will have a hard time with the next game.

Consistency. That's the word to remember for the season 13. I hope the number 13 will be a lucky one for me this season.

Mercedes will be strong again but I see Red Bull win some races. I think it will be the year of Ferrari for the Championship. Renault and McLaren will have some good races also and maybe some podiums.

I will do some adjustments for sure on my setups because my driving style has changed a little since that season 12 race. 

patlessard

Premium Member
Name
Pre-race Interview
1) A new season, new chapter! What are your expectations for Season 13? not much expectations for me , I just wish to have less DNF
2) F1 2018 season is starting soon! What will be the strongest teams this year? Hard to tell  from testing, we'll see after quali in Melbourne
3) Will you use the same setup you ran at Silverstone in S12 or will you use a new one? Probably yes

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
So just to recap. We will be doing a formation lap before the race right? Yes it adds time to the race but it can make for a more pleasant experience in terms of dropped connections. Even tho Dark said he can handle dropped situations at the beginning of the race it does even the playing field a bit. Like if a person in the front has a really good start but a person in the back is disconnected. That disconnect doesn't directly affect the person in front but it does cause mass confusion in the field when we don't know if we are restarting or not.

Zephyr

Name
To finally have a good season (as a whole). My first season i just didnt have the pace, and my second was plagued by DNFs and then i wasnt able to finish it.

Same three, but I do believe that Red Bull may be in the mix a little more considering how fast they were at the end of last season.

I just copied Dark's setup last time and it worked pretty well. Setups are still my weakest point. I will probably just steal one from one of ur guys TT laps :p

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
So just to recap. We will be doing a formation lap before the race right? Yes it adds time to the race but it can make for a more pleasant experience in terms of dropped connections. Even tho Dark said he can handle dropped situations at the beginning of the race it does even the playing field a bit. Like if a person in the front has a really good start but a person in the back is disconnected. That disconnect doesn't directly affect the person in front but it does cause mass confusion in the field when we don't know if we are restarting or not.

There will not be a formation lap, we tested with Jerome last week and it will create even more problems. We both took the decision to avoid using the formation lap again for this season. We tested multiple things, like collisions and people get ghosted back to their grid spot while others drive around. Per example, I was driving around normally and Jerome hit me in the back and both of us were ghosted back to the grid spot. We already have enough people complaining about incidents in the races we don't want to deal about incidents for the formation lap.

Also we only had one massive confusion and it was Italy it is not like it happens every race and trust me it's more confusing for myself than anyone else. Like Italy I was racing with Iceman for Turn 1 and while Fruitsalsa disconnected I had to see if it was a disconnect or not and missed T1 completely. It's easy, you all should keep racing like you were in a normal race since one of the organisers has to call the restart. So in the future keep racing as usual.

One thing I need to test is if someone quits the race session I would like to see what is the message it gives in game. In Italy, it wrote Fruitsalsa left session, which indicates the dropped the connection if it was a crash it would have been Fruistsalsa has retired from the race. 

Again, it starts from myself and jerome. We will try our best to call the restarts as soon as possible but always keep racing until you hear from us. If you don't then you just keep racing normally.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Okay. When you call it, make it 100% because the few times that we had to restart it took us two laps to decide, or at least it seemed like it. Like someone kept asking, "so are we restarting?" Three or four times. For me at least, I was confused on whether i should keep pushing or just stop racing.

piboye

Name
Pre-race Interview
I'm just hoping to maintain good form.  A race win would be awesome, but I'd like to maintain a steady stream of top 5 finishes.
Mercedes, then Ferrari or Red Bull.  I'm happy to see that Haas may mix it up in the midfield more this year.
I missed Silverstone last season, so I have to create one now.

Tron4949

Premium Member
Name
Are we going to test saftey car today?

The amt of DNF's I had last season disgusted me, especially considering the practice that I put in.  That's #1 and #2 is to continue to improve on setups and braking.  I expect a tighter field, harder racing, and a Mercedes team incident or two :)

Ferrari even if they aren't the fastest...c'mon

Dono, going to go find out now!  Gl all.

P.S.  I may have to drop out mid race, battling a nasty flu so we'll see.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
nael said:
I feel bad for starting the race accidentally. Sorry guys.

Don't worry Neal ! Is it only good in happened during the Pre-Season race ;)

The best practice is to stay in your race strategy menu until one of the organisers starts the session.

piboye

Name
Tron4949 said:
Are we going to test saftey car today?

The amt of DNF's I had last season disgusted me, especially considering the practice that I put in.  That's #1 and #2 is to continue to improve on setups and braking.  I expect a tighter field, harder racing, and a Mercedes team incident or two :)

Ferrari even if they aren't the fastest...c'mon

Dono, going to go find out now!  Gl all.

P.S.  I may have to drop out mid race, battling a nasty flu so we'll see.

Maybe the flu is why I beat you.  It was fun battling with you.  I can't believe I made that mistake on the entrance to the last straight and let you by.  

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I feel like I could've been part of that battle if it wasn't for my 3 mistakes. All 3 mistakes was because I zoned out and missed my braking point.

Also wondering if I can get a bunch of you to test out using my phones data during the race. I'll need at least 9 or 8 of you guys. Testing with less people might not work since I don't lag when it's just me and a few drivers, I want to put it under real racing conditions. I want to see if the connection can stay consistent without lag spikes. Rather test this NOT during a season race where points matter

Sucuri

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Post-race Interview (Better late than ever am I right?)[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) A new season, new chapter! What are your expectations for Season 13?[/font]

Great car, great teammate, how can it go wrong? My goal is to fight Tron every race  :lol: 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) F1 2018 season is starting soon! What will be the strongest teams this year?[/font]
Hopefully Ferrari! I am excited for a season in which the race win is uncertain between three teams. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) Will you use the same setup you ran at Silverstone in S12 or will you use a new one?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ran a completely new setup, way more aggressive. [/font]

*Note to DEADZERO: We should try to test your internet the hour before the race, since it seems like everyone is on already. Otherwise Mon-Tues night always works for me.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
That works. I'll have more time to practice Wednesday so I can spare an hour to test my internet. Normally I have only 2-3 hours available for me to practice.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
[youtube]3Xq0E2m7ma8[/youtube]

This is a recap of my Singapore and Britain races where I had issues with Bobino. Hoping CM will see this and fix it for 2018 because 2017 is a lost cause now.
Currently being uploaded, check back soon to see if it's published.