Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Pre-Season: Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (1Apr17)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID

[ul]
[li]Qualifying start at 7.30pm (UK time) - followed by the race[/li]
[li]Session host is ibbopaul[/li]
[/ul]
Pre-race Interview :
[ul]
[li]1. "Winterbreak" is over. Pre-season race is up next. Have you prepared yourself well for Season14 ? or did you needed a break from playing F1?[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]2. Are you happy with your Car & Teammate selection ?[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]3. The "Vettel-finger" is back. Have we seen the true perfomance of the Ferrari or was it down to Vettel's skills ? What about KimiĀ [/li]
[/ul]

Liamtsh96

1. "Winterbreak" is over. Pre-season race is up next. Have you prepared yourself well for Season14 ? or did you needed a break from playing F1?

I really needed a break from F1 2016. Iv practised a little round spa for the preseason race but apart from that iv done very little.

2. Are you happy with your Car & Teammate selection ?

Yeah I'm happy. I'm now into my 3rd season with mercedes and with killer as my teammate. Couldn't ask for a better teammate tbh and hopefully we can get anouther constructors title and who knows maby even a drivers championship. (Killer not mešŸ˜‚)

3. The "Vettel-finger" is back. Have we seen the true perfomance of the Ferrari or was it down to Vettel's skills ? What about Kimi

I think China will be different with mercedes having a decent gap to ferarri. Vettle is an amazing driver and is good for ferarri but kimi needs to hang his boots up. I would replace him with Sainz.

Jume96

Pre-race Interview :
1. "Winterbreak" is over. Pre-season race is up next. Have you prepared yourself well for Season14 ? or did you needed a break from playing F1?
- I prepared a little bit for my race pace at the end of the races. At the start, 0,5sec per lap will disappear.

- I am very happy with Williams. It is the worst teammate I could have but I am happy lol.

3. The "Vettel-finger" is back. Have we seen the true perfomance of the Ferrari or was it down to Vettel's skills ? What about Kimi.
- The difference between Vettel and Kimi is insane. I think the skills of Vettel were OP. Anyway, I think Mercedes is the best car but this year the gap is more close against Ferrari. The worst thing is watch how the 7th was lapped in 50 laps in Melborune (quiƩn te ha preguntado esto jaja salu2)

Smithy

Premium Member

I took a well needed week off from F1. Ive prepared myself as well as possible, given we dont know the calendar or races yet.

Very happy, i think me and Light might be underdogs for the constructors - watch out!

3. The "Vettel-finger" is back. Have we seen the true perfomance of the Ferrari or was it down to Vettel's skills ? What about Kimi

Well i didnt realise that Vettel was so much faster than kimi - as last season their performances were pretty similar. I think kimi had issues with an oversteery setup, so give it a few races before we can conclude that it was vettels skills.

Macca

Premium Member
[ul]
[li]Glad to have the break. Not played F1 since are last race, been playing over racing games more especially rally[/li]
[/ul]

[ul]
[li]Car selection? - Yes[/li]
[li]My teammate? - Bwoah[/li]
[/ul]

[ul]
[li]This time last year Ferrai was quickest in Australia so its best to wait for a couple of races. Vettel was on form though, as for Kimi as talented as he is he needs the setup to be right for him. He looked quicker than Seb in pre-season and comfortable with the car however in Australia it was the opposite so best waiting a few rounds first.[/li]
[/ul]

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
1. Ā "Winterbreak" is over. Pre-season race is up next. Have you prepared yourself well for Season14 ? or did you needed a break from playing F1?

[ul]
[li]I haven't played that much since Abu Dhabi. I needed a break after an long intense season. I started to prepare myself for Season14 at this week. Did my first 50% race after two weeks and I could already feel that I need time to get back to my normal levelĀ [/li]
[/ul]

[ul]
[li]YES. I like the Ferrari. Always have a good feeling when I'm driving the European champion carĀ [/li]
[li]To my teammate....meehhh...what you guys don't know is..macca messaged me after the singaporeGP ans asked for help. It was like "Hey duuude..you're such a nice, good looking guy and DAMN, you're my Hero! I want to be as fast as you one day...can you teach me how to drive ? Maybe as my Teammate for Season 14 ?" . That was just a little part of the message. So I decided to help him a little bit. He's a weirdo![/li]
[/ul]

[ul]
[li]I'm sure that Vettel pushed the car to the limit, Kimi didn't. It is always a good sign when Seb is smiling the whole day. It is clear to see that he is a lot happier with this seasons car. He will destroy Kimi. I'm also sure that Mercedes still have a little adventage over Ferrari. It will be tight fight I guess, finally.[/li]
[/ul]

light-e44

1. I needed a break from F1 like all of us I think. So don't prepared that much, started this week.

2. Car: Yes. I was always a fan of McLaren in F1, especially as Lewis joined the team in 2007. So Im pretty happy, unfortunately it doesn't look that good but the black color makes it look aggressive ;)
Teammate: Couldn't ask for a better one, watch out for McLaren Honda this season ;)
3. Ferrari is better this season, but in China we will see that Mercedes has still an advantage and they will win the race.

xdearagony92

[ul]
[li]1. "Winterbreak" is over. Pre-season race is up next. Have you prepared yourself well for Season14 ? or did you needed a break from playing F1?[/li]
[li]prepared decently i think took a little break but got to perform better this season so no time for slacking[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]2. Are you happy with your Car & Teammate selection ?[/li]
[li]love the red bull so very happy with the car and i hope me and switch can challenge for a top 3 in constructors[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]3. The "Vettel-finger" is back. Have we seen the true perfomance of the Ferrari or was it down to Vettel's skills ? What about Kimi Ā [/li]
[li]vettel was never a bad driver but i think this years car makes him able to make a diffrence as where last year it didnt matter how well he drove or how much good luck he could have he still wouldnt get P1[/li]
[/ul]

RacingAtHome

It's been a testing offseason. Sponsors sponsors sponsors.

New team, old teammate. Could go well. Could go badly.

It was down to Hamilton being unable to follow Verstappen.

ibbopaul

It was a good winter break doubled my training sessions, went to a few fashion shows, ran up a mountain or 3, did some Ironman races, changed my name to Paul 'Lewis Hamilton' Ibbotson., and as team mate said had lots of meetings and event to do to get sponsors.

2. Are you happy with your Car & Teammate selection?
With Jake again good partnership, I got his back if decides to go for the championship this season, The sauber is a new car to me used to Williams and Monor. So be a season of just get used to the team before the harder more demanding cars are authorised by the world governing body PRL for season 15.

3. The "Vettel-finger" is back. Have we seen the true performanceĀ of the Ferrari or was it down to Vettel's skills ? What about Kimi
I just want Alonso to win I miss McLaren at the top. I do hope that other teams push the Merc this year but still would like a British champion again.

ibbopaul

PS. is anyone good at side by side videos been thinking may help me if my lap is side by side with a better drivers so I can see what I do wrong. Plus be good for the youtube maybe.

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Q: P3
P3 was pretty much the max. i could get in Qualifying today. Decided to use my dry setup which, I can tell, it is not fun to drive with in wet conditions. Also, I've forgot to change my break pressure. So I esse running with 100% pressure. I understeered just everywhere.

R: P1
I had a good launch but I had to break early cause I was behind carre. Jumped killer even before T1 but I've lost that position at the exit of T1 to killer again. The first 2 laps were intense. Some nice wheel to wheel racing. At the end of lap 2, I was in the slipstreem of carre. I was very close behind him. Then we crashed even before the breaking zone for the second last corner. I Don't know what happend but I think it was lag, maybe. The SC came out and I pitted for Mediums. The middle part of the race was so much fun. I had great pace, was the fastest on track at this point. I also set the fastest lap of the race on Mediums. After 1 or 2 laps I catched up to the leader. Grelo and light were battling hard. I overtook both with DRS, so easy moves at the end. When I was leading, I created a healthy 10sec gap to grelo before the second SC came out. Nothing really happend for the rest of the race. Again a crazy race around Spa but I'm happy with my result. My first win at spa. Catch you guys for the season opener at baku ! ;-)

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF-ap7QAU1Bn_1J7X_-JQjA

Macca

Premium Member
Q - P13

Poor qualy decided to stick with the dry setup and just couldn't find a rhythm in the rain. Then at the end of the session went out to early and got my timing wrong on the inters it wa ready for inters right at the end.

R - DNF

Made a good start going from 13th to 8th then Jume passed me. SC come out and I stayed out so I was 3rd, Killer then disconnected and as he disconnected his car slowed/stopped on the racing line behind the SC so I lost my wing and had to pit which dropped me right to the back. Had good pace once the SC went in and tried to follow Liam through the field. Lap 13 my S tyres was on 62% so decided to pit for SS so I wouldn't get a puncture then lap 15 it was ready for inters. While in the pits a SC came out and I didn't have a delta so I was pushing and spun on the curb on the exit of Eau Rouge on my outlap and hit the wall losing my front left wheel.

Congrats to NeYo on his win and everyone that finished, I would list everyone that finished but it would take to long xDšŸ˜‚