Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• Precision Racing eSports happy to announce it's NEW Pro Driver eSports Team! This is a paid position!

For more details go down in the forum to the new Precision Racing eSports section.

Pit Entry/Exit

Announcing Pits

• Should we do away with the Pit Entry, Pit Exit announcements?

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Or should we just do away with Pit Exit?

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Or should we only announce Pit Entry when there is a car behind you?

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dshall37

It's pretty much in your best interest to announce if someone is behind you.  But if not, I don't see a big problem with not announcing.  

As for pit exit, just merge where you're supposed to and don't be an @ss and impede faster traffic as you get back to race speed.  

Just my 2 cents.

KodeyKnapmiller

The only thing I have an issue with, would you penalized for NOT calling out when you have a car behind you? Would be really hard to monitor everyone, but me personally if I know I am going to pit, I set myself up on the track to be able to do so (Official races teach you this lol), as in let a car that is on my bumper go above me high, etc.

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member
I am good either way. We been calling pits out for last couple seasons with no issue, not really sure why it became an issue this season with calling it out. With that said I am also good with not calling it out. It makes no difference to me whether I don't have to announce it or I have to say 3 words over a mic channel #4 pitting.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
The reason why we bring up this point is because everyone was talking over each other during pit window last week and it was impossible for the race directors to monitor it. So if we can't monitor it perfectly, why doing it?

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Full Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
Only when someone is behind you or if you have the risk of danger if you cannot enter without risking an accident.

Johnny Pierce

Premium Member
Junkyardspecial said:
Only when someone is behind you or if you have the risk of danger if you cannot enter without risking an accident.

Watch it man, when you start making common sense, peeps on forums will start calling you an idiot. Seriously, well said😁😁😉

Steven

Its clear if someone is behind you and your pitting you have to call it out or if he wrecks you it will be your fault its common sense.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
KodeyKnapmiller said:
Jeffery Ford said:
While we're at it. Let's do a poll to go back to fixed setups.

LOL. What are your reasons?

Racing is boring now.  It's all about setups. Which is cool if you and your teammates have the time to work on them.  I'm pretty sure the majority of the league would go back to fixed setups if polled.  It's just made for terribly boring racing and god awful broadcasts. Just wasn't the right call. I'm a 100% convinced we will be back to fixed setups next season. Not enough knowledge on setups as a league firbit tombe viable for any length of time in PRL oval.  Just no fun at all. I'm not saying this as a lone wolf either. Many have been murmuring the same thing. 

It's not a sour grapes thing fir me either, I've been in contention in 2 of the 3 races.   But that doesn't make it less boring as hell.  

KodeyKnapmiller

I respect your answer. Maybe it is boring for you, or the guys that don’t put the time and effort in. If a clean, caution free race wasn’t enjoyable to you, then you don’t really enjoy racing. Regardless of who won, the race played out exactly how it should of, and you had to be mistake free to run up front. And it was the first true race that setups truly mattered, and you’re making that call. Though, I saw you trying to wreck the #96 intentionally twice at Atlanta.. so you may just not enjoy racing at all.

Just wait until we get to Sonoma... don’t really need a setup there, the fixed will be just fine, but hmm that might be too boring as well for you. Oh wait, Martinsville doesn’t need a setup either, the fixed setup does just fine as I put some fast times up with it in a the practice sessions. But keep blaming the setups for the reason why the racing is “boring”, those who want to get faster will learn, and those who don’t care or are too lazy will always blame the setups. Just the truth of iracing. I don’t mind open, or fixed. I can promise you the same results will happen.

To my knowledge I was informed that the “league voted for open setups” after last season. So having a poll after 2 of 12 races, seems silly. So hopefully the rest of everyone who is frustrated that it’s not fixed speaks up, we are curious.

Johnny Pierce

Premium Member
Jeffery Ford said:
KodeyKnapmiller said:
Jeffery Ford said:
While we're at it. Let's do a poll to go back to fixed setups.

Racing is boring now.  It's all about setups. Which is cool if you and your teammates have the time to work on them.  I'm pretty sure the majority of the league would go back to fixed setups if polled.  It's just made for terribly boring racing and god awful broadcasts. Just wasn't the right call. I'm a 100% convinced we will be back to fixed setups next season. Not enough knowledge on setups as a league firbit tombe viable for any length of time in PRL oval.  Just no fun at all. I'm not saying this as a lone wolf either. Many have been murmuring the same thing. 

It's not a sour grapes thing fir me either, I've been in contention in 2 of the 3 races.   But that doesn't make it less boring as hell.  

I can respect that.  I have often wondered if iracing were to give us a watered down fixed setup version of a the xfinity car if it would help.  Something like the Skippy that has very limited adjustments to keep some adjustability in the car.  I struggle driving fixed sets and find them to usually be unstable for how I like to drive.  Plus guys that can't seem to help themselves when it comes to driving above their talent level.😁

KodeyKnapmiller

Johnny Pierce said:
Jeffery Ford said:
KodeyKnapmiller said:

I can respect that.  I have often wondered if iracing were to give us a watered down fixed setup version of a the xfinity car if it would help.  Something like the Skippy that has very limited adjustments to keep some adjustability in the car.  I struggle driving fixed sets and find them to usually be unstable for how I like to drive.  Plus guys that can't seem to help themselves when it comes to driving above their talent level.😁

Bingo. I’ve always wanted a fixed setup that you could make ~slight air pressure, LR/RR Offset (Wedge), and tape adjustments on pit road but not in the garage. That way you can get it driving a little better to each driving style and as the track takes rubber but it’s still relatively the same setup speed wise. 

Johnny Pierce

Premium Member
I agree Boring is an issue as well.  Have you watched a Nascar race lately?  These cars no longer draft like they did in the old days.  I am loosely speaking and shooting from the hip, but it seems that nascar put safety ahead of giving the fans a show.  I would assume that they slammed these cars down to the track to prevent as much air getting under them as possible.  This helps keep them on the ground during accidents and out of the stands.  The dadgum cars are so aero dependant now, that when you get near dirty air, they slow down.  Back in the day, a car could be faster and you could still race him cause of the draft.  I really didn't realize how much this has screwed up racing, until I was racing the skippy at the Glen a while back.  The leader was faster and better than me.  But I could challenge him down the straights cause I made up tons of time in his draft.

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
While I agree, that most might vote to go back to fixed setups. Kodey does have a point about only being 2 races into the season, and wanting to switch back. Going back to fixed is an option that might be explored next season, but iRacing sort of forced our hands. And it was voted in by the participants in this series.
As a side note, you don't have to work with just your teammates. Maybe try working with another team, or any of the other drivers. I know of a few teams that are kind of working together during the week.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
KodeyKnapmiller said:
I respect your answer. Maybe it is boring for you, or the guys that don’t put the time and effort in. If a clean, caution free race wasn’t enjoyable to you, then you don’t really enjoy racing. Regardless of who won, the race played out exactly how it should of, and you had to be mistake free to run up front. And it was the first true race that setups truly mattered, and you’re making that call. Though, I saw you trying to wreck the #96 intentionally twice at Atlanta.. so you may just not enjoy racing at all.

Just wait until we get to Sonoma... don’t really need a setup there, the fixed will be just fine, but hmm that might be too boring as well for you. Oh wait, Martinsville doesn’t need a setup either, the fixed setup does just fine as I put some fast times up with it in a the practice sessions. But keep blaming the setups for the reason why the racing is “boring”, those who want to get faster will learn, and those who don’t care or are too lazy will always blame the setups. Just the truth of iracing. I don’t mind open, or fixed. I can promise you the same results will happen.

To my knowledge I was informed that the “league voted for open setups” after last season. So having a poll after 2 of 12 races, seems silly. So hopefully the rest of everyone who is frustrated that it’s not fixed speaks up, we are curious.
Your an ass. 

I did not try to wreck anyone. There's a difference between putting a bumper on someone and outright trying to wreck someone.  Had the admins felt that way I would have been disciplined.  Had I tried to wreck anyone I would succeed. 

I think most in the league here after the last 3 seasons would agree that I race with plenty of caution and look to make it to the end. How many seasons do you have with us to dub me a person who purposely tries to wreck people?  Your comments are idiotic. 

And the open setups are making it boring. Trust ne, no chance they make it next season.  

I just don't like racing?  I'm too lazy to make a setup?  Aren't you just the cats meow. Your an idiot. 

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
bige3dalejr88 said:
While I agree, that most might vote to go back to fixed setups. Kodey does have a point about only being 2 races into the season, and wanting to switch back. Going back to fixed is an option that might be explored next season, but iRacing sort of forced our hands. And it was voted in by the participants in this series.
As a side note, you don't have to work with just your teammates. Maybe try working with another team, or any of the other drivers. I know of a few teams that are kind of working together during the week.

I'm aware of the voting Chris.  And just as we are at the beginning of the season and voting for fixed is premature the same can be said about voting for pit entry and exit protocol. 

It's never to early or late to change something to make the racing more fun/better. Same as pit entry/exit.  

Yes, I know many guys can work together even out of your team to work on setups.  Truth is if you have setup sync installed you can choose from a bunch of setups put out by guys much faster than us. Like I said, I did not bring this up because I had sour grapes.  I've been up front fir 2 of the races.  I'm saying it's just boring. And I know I'm not alone in this. I just want it to be fun. I have no doubt we're going back to fixed I was just making a funny remark then "better than though" knappymiller got personal.  Hopefully he can take the heat back. He sounds like a total ". " head. 

Status
Not open for further replies.