Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Pierre Gasly Replaced Daniil Kvyat

piboye

Name
Hey, what do you guys think of the news that Pierre Gasly will take Kvyat's Torro Rosso seat for the next few races?  This surprised me, but I think it is a good move (I was never a Kvyat fan) to give Gasly experience, maybe get more points for Torro Rosso, and to keep Kvyat from getting a race ban.

MBr

Name
Those of you following real F1 news have probably already heard about the latest development. Sainz is replacing Palmer at Renault for the next race in Austin, and Kvyat will return to Toro Rosso, taking Sainz’s car.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
How is that a thing that you can switch drivers midseason? Do the drivers who get kicked out of their car still get paid for the rest of the season? Like Palmer?

piboye

Name
DEADZERO said:
How is that a thing that you can switch drivers midseason? Do the drivers who get kicked out of their car still get paid for the rest of the season? Like Palmer?

I think Red Bull "owns" their drivers more than other teams, so they can move them around as they like and renegotiate contracts much easier.  But, it is surprising when it happens.