Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Paint Booth

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
9,528
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
iRacing ID
177904
Here is where you can share the schemes you plan to run for the season, schemes that you like or ask for help with a paint.
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
Here are the schemes I will be running for Season 9. These schemes I actually did from scratch. Did the paint work myself, logos are from the internet and other places. The Jimmy John's scheme is based on Kevin Harvick's 2018 cup car. The Credit One car is a custom. Originally was going to replicate Kyle Larson's cup car but wanted to go a different direction. I'll also have 2 one-off race schemes later in the year. These 2 will split equal duty. 
 

Attachments

  • 99_2018_S9_JJ.jpg
    99_2018_S9_JJ.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • 99_2018_S9_CO.jpg
    99_2018_S9_CO.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107

Rory Collins

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
45
Location
Brownsburg, Indiana
maybe you guys can give me a tip on how to get my decals to show up in iRacing.

I have this problem with all my cars not just xfinity. I can see both my paints and everyone elses but mine doesn't show up on broadcasts for some reason.

I use trading paints pro, have tp open on my computer. I've tried being signed in and not being signed in to tp also. Just cant figure this one out.
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
Rory Collins said:
maybe you guys can give me a tip on how to get my decals to show up in iRacing.

I have this problem with all my cars not just xfinity. I can see both my paints and everyone elses but mine doesn't show up on broadcasts for some reason.

I use trading paints pro, have tp open on my computer. I've tried being signed in and not being signed in to tp also. Just cant figure this one out.
I've always noticed your car being blank. Did you upload your TGA file to Trading Paints?
 

Rory Collins

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
45
Location
Brownsburg, Indiana
no i havent. Ive just used the paint room in trading paints and thought those uploaded through their program they have you download on our computers.
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
Rory Collins said:
no i havent. Ive just used the paint room in trading paints and thought those uploaded through their program they have you download on our computers.

You have to upload your paint to Trading Paints to have it show. I hope these screen shots help. 

1. Go to your car list and select the one you wanna change.
tp1.jpg

2. Click on the choose paint menu, and on the drop down select Choose New Paint.
tp2.jpg

3. On the window that pops up select "Upload Personal Paint."
tp3.jpg

4. Find your car paint saved as a TGA and upload it.
tp4.jpg

You should now have your paint show up in the game and everyone else can see it too. Just make sure TP is running before you start iRacing. 
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
Rory Collins said:
That did the trick. Thanks again Brandon. I've been battling with that for prolly 6 mo's.

You're welcome! I think mine was messed up because I didn't see yours and a couple others. Once in a while you gotta delete the schemes out of the folders. I hope to see your car at some point. Lol. 
 

Rory Collins

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
45
Location
Brownsburg, Indiana
Well I checked the broadcast and my decals didn't show up there. Brenden Chatley could see my paint in-game so Im pretty confused. I was sporting my new Amsoil windscreen and everything. I think I might scrap the trading paint room and redo it in GIMP then do like you described above and see if that works.
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
Rory Collins said:
Well I checked the broadcast and my decals didn't show up there. Brenden Chatley could see my paint in-game so Im pretty confused. I was sporting my new Amsoil windscreen and everything. I think I might scrap the trading paint room and redo it in GIMP then do like you described above and see if that works.

That is quite odd. I meant to say something to you that I couldn't see your scheme. However, I also occasionally have to delete files out of my own folder to see new schemes. Perhaps I'll be able to see it Sunday. Or you might try clearing out your folder and reuploading your scheme to TP. 
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
Running Road Trip RV Rental on the car this week since this is where they're based out of. Thanks Paul for letting me run your business on my car! 
99_RoadTrip_Test.jpg
 
Top