Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION: Update to minimum age rule

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
PRL Management would like to extend an official apology to all members/teams affected by the recent rule announcement this week in regards to underage drivers. It has come to our attention that these decisions may have been taken too fast, without taking into consideration the possible impacts they could carry. We take full responsibility for the consequences. PRL has always prided ourselves on being a positive and inclusive environment for racers of all skill levels. That being said, we must still work within the confines of COPPA laws to ensure that we do not put young drivers into a situation that may harm the development and mental state of these young pilots.

Now, regarding the minimum age requirement rule we added earlier this week, as stated in this post, we will finish the season with the same rules we had upon registration. No change for 2021/S4.

For future seasons, there will not be any specific rule added for under 16 years of age members. However, the minimum age required of 13 years of age per our site’s rules and policies still remains active due to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).

Again, we are sorry for recent events and we will work hard to make sure such a situation does not happen again.

Darklol

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Hey everyone,

I would like to add that we are all humans at the end of the day and mistakes do happen. It's how we learn and grow from those that makes us better and as sim drivers I'm sure you guys can relate to this.

We appreciate everyone who posted their constructive feedback in this situation and we will always be open to your feedback at any moment, so don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you everyone for understanding and I'd like to share my apologies with all our members. We will keep pushing hard to give you all the best possible league racing experience.

Best Regards,
Marco

TRG

Director
Staff member
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Hey everyone,

I would like to add that we are all humans at the end of the day and mistakes do happen. It's how we learn and grow from those that makes us better and as sim drivers I'm sure you guys can relate to this.

We appreciate everyone who posted their constructive feedback in this situation and we will always be open to your feedback at any moment, so don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you everyone for understanding and I'd like to share my apologies with all our members. We will keep pushing hard to give you all the best possible league racing experience.

Best Regards,
Marco

Humans, as well as volunteers that give up personal time away from our families to help make PRL what it is for all to enjoy.