Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Off Season fun race Thursday March 14

You in for a PRL Radical run at 'Dega?

• Yes

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Edit:  Race will be held Thursday March 14th.  Practice will start at 8:30 PM EST, 15 minutes of practice, 15 minute qualifying and then a 40 lap race.  I am being informed I can load a set up for everyone to use so I will load the set up I use.  Nothing special, no wing, no dive planes, tall gear box and mud tires...

I will set as many fast repairs as I can to keep the action flowing for when Overbay wrecks half the field.

I would like to garner some interest in an off season fun race.  For those of you who have ventured into the train wreck that is week 13, iRacing has put up a very fun series called "Are you afraid of the dark".  This series is done using open set up with the Radical and is run at Talledega (sp?) at night.  The only visible light is from the head lights.  While it may seem weird and boring, it is actually a lot of fun.  What would make it more fun is knowing you're jumping in a race without the fear that some clown is going to intentionally wreck you.

My proposal would be a 40 lap race (draft lap times are in the 56-57 second range), unlimited fast repairs (to keep the action going if it hits the fan) and PRL members only.  I will also post up a set up for all to use although the only thing you really need to do is set the wing at 0°, remove dive planes and use the high gear box.  I am not sure if I can load a fixed set up when setting up the room but if I can I will do so.  What's even better is there is no prep time needed to learn the track.  Can you keep the gas pedal floored?  Congrats, you've learned the track  :lol:   

Post up if you are interested and I will pick a date and time before the new season starts.  I will take care of the session costs.  

Five wide door to door for 40 laps?  Why not.
PRL Management - please feel free to sticky this across all series threads.

Thank you,
Your resident mental case - Erik

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Oh yeah, that sounds like fun. Count me in depending on the day, I have some family stuff on this weekend. You thinking Thursday?

Word of the wise - a certain team member of Crash for Cash whose name rhymes with Paul Wildridge earns the team name racing near me on ovals. I smell revenge!

paulwildridge

Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
I'm in. As long as it's around the 9pm start time. And I am guessing yellows too.

And if a certain someone's teammate with the name rhyming with super ugly woman didnt make me think he was moving down on me while not doing anything really wouldn't have freaked me out like Danica you wouldn't have been hit. Next time make sure that teammate doesnt sit there holding his line while freaking me out. And yeah I'm coming like wrecking ball ladies

CajunGrit

Organizer
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I won’t be home until March 10th but if it’s after that I’m down!

Kirru

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Cory A Clark
iRacing ID
I need a temporary break from GTE and this will definitely suffice. I can turn left and go fast. Easy peasy...

ahunter27t

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
I know you guys are the radical league.. but the wednesday night group gets together during the off season and does similar to this but with the cadillac ctsv. the baseline set up with no changes does 190+ in the draft!

Kirru

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Cory A Clark
iRacing ID
ahunter27t said:
I know you guys are the radical league.. but the wednesday night group gets together during the off season and does similar to this but with the cadillac ctsv. the baseline set up with no changes does 190+ in the draft!

That sounds fun too!

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Maybe we should organize a PRL night. Get 50 cars on track at dega. Make it mandatory damn it!! And make it any day except Monday Tuesday or Wednesday because I'm working all those days.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
I'm sure one of you high speed low drag individuals knows how to make a sign up sheet to post here. I'm not smrt enough to due that kind of thing...

eshhh

Name
Guys, friends don't let friends race on ovals*...

*unless dirt

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
eshhh said:
Guys, friends don't let friends race on ovals*...

*unless dirt

I am the first to admit that going only left is rather boring.  There's just something about doing it in a Radical, at night, with only the headlights providing illumination that makes me giggle.

On that note, I will set the race up for Next Thursday at 9PM.  Room will open at 8:30, 15 min practice ( :lol:), 15 min qualifying and then 100 lap race...just kidding, 40 laps.

If I cannot load a fixed set up (never tried it before) I will post up my set up here for all to use.