Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

No more restart

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hey guys!

Be aware of new Rules 3 & 4. No more restart will be allowed. It is the responsibility of all members to make sure their internet connection and system are properly running.

http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/app.php/page/racing-rules

piboye

I think this is taking it too far. The internet isn't always the problem. This game is just glitchy and it randomly drops people. It's not their fault. I'm fine with restarting to let someone back on. (I also say this because I have one of the best internet connections and I've been dropped a few times).

Zephyr

^ also this race it would have been nice for a restart cause i wasnt able to fuel up my car cause we ran out of time because someone started it.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
When we say to make sure your system is running properly, its not only about making sure the game is up to date, windows, steam, etc... It's about the whole system. I'm pretty sure a lot never do any maintenance such as disk cleanup, cleaning up temp file, scan for virus and spyware, etc... Also, it's important before you start a game to make sure all unused apps are closed and all unused process as well.

How do you explain that I've never been kicked out from a race in 3 seasons a few years ago? How do you explain Darklol has never been kicked out? I think its the same for bobino and moogleslam back in time. We have a lot of drivers who never dropped, and usually, its always the same drivers who dropped.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Another point, restart just make that we finish the race later and we have member to start working very early. And if we start the race at 8pm, west drivers would not be able to join. Especially that we ALWAYS have late runner to join teamspeak at 8:59 or even later... In all racing discipline, in real life or even in sims game such as iRacing, project cars or assetto Corsa. If you set the session to start at 9pm, it starts at 9pm, not 8:59 and not 9:01, its 9pm. If you are late, then you miss it.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
I've been racing with this league since F1 2013, I think I have maybe 7 or 8 seasons and I've dropped only once and it was Monaco in F1 2016 with 3 laps to go but it was due to faulty ram. When I crashed after the race right away, I started investigating to find the issue but most of people just don't care and keep going. There's ways to find why it crashed.

Also How come I am in the game since 7pm sometimes and I never close it until 10h30 when the races finish and I never crash ?

The games (2013 to 2017) never crashed on me. Also if you take a closer look its always the same people who crash so its your job to have your PC and game running properly just like a normal race car its the teams job to provide a car that has no failures so they can finish the race.

If you crash often, you might start looking at issues with your PC. Start with temperature readings, HDD scans, RAM tests etc... Reinstall the game if needed.

You can start a thread in the F1 201x forums and I'm sure we will all be glad to help resolve any issues.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
piboye said:
I think this is taking it too far.  The internet isn't always the problem.  This game is just glitchy and it randomly drops people.  It's not their fault.  I'm fine with restarting to let someone back on.  (I also say this because I have one of the best internet connections and I've been dropped a few times).

I am sorry but its often the same people that I have to reinvite again and again because they drop.

Even if you have the best internet connection, if your router that is super secured and you don't allow connections or you have a firewall blocking everything you will experience issues connecting to others. If your game crashes then you are having issues with your PC.

Zephyr

I have had my game crash maybe 3 times since release so its not like people have it happen all the time. Game crashes does not always mean you are having issues with your PC.

iceman153

Just a suggestion, didn't we have a system before where when someone caused a restart they were not eligible for another restart for X races? It was a bit of a pain to track, but maybe you guys could try simpler version of that, i.e. say 1 restart over the whole season or something? This would address the concern of it always being the same person, and everyone would still have a free pass from a one off incident.

At the same time, i totally see jeromes point, and really this is equivalent to having a mechanical failure in real racing, it happens and you need to investigate and make changes to have a more reliable car.

Zephyr

yes but there is not always changes to make. sometimes it is just a random glitch within the game. if someone was crashing all the time it would be different but 90% of the time, when someone crashes, its not someone whose game crashes all the time.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Zephyr said:
yes but there is not always changes to make. sometimes it is just a random glitch within the game. if someone was crashing all the time it would be different but 90% of the time, when someone crashes, its not someone whose game crashes all the time.

I never had random glitch in all F1 games I've played... I just don't understand why people game crash... It's obviously something in theit PC or network.

Zephyr

i disagree. I dont lag out or crash in any other game and then last night my game randomly crashes when i never had problems with it crashing. shit happens. i would say 90% of crashes in gaming are not cause the PC but usually the game

Bobino12

Premium Member
The only game crash I had was during PRL season 10 in Baku with the F1 2016 game. My computer crashed because of the overheating of my graphic card because its fans were spinning too slowly. Codemasters had nothing to do with it. The problem was solved the day after and never came back.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
lol I don't know where you saw or how you can think 90% of crashes are game related. I would say its probably more user related than game related in most cases.

Most common things:
1. Game/client not up to date

2. Drivers - Could be drivers not up to date, could be new drivers causing an unknown issues that will be fixed in the new ones.

3. Overheating CPU or GPU - I do check my temps frequently do you ?

4. Memory - I'm running 24gb might think its more than enough oh yes it is but I still had a bad one in there that caused my crash... could also be background apps eating RAM for nothing then when its overloaded something needs to crash. Like you probably when you run out of RAM, Windows will use Virtual Memory from your HDD which will affect your HDD's read/write speeds.

5. Third party softwares, like video recording, anti-virus, overlays, etc...

I am sure you investigated all that after your crash.. or maybe you posted here about it and went on CS GO ? I mean come on.. if everyone was crashing out I would understand there might be a game issue (like PUBG per instance is a very unstable game even guys with high end rigs crash out) but its not the case with F1 and lets use your magic number 90% of us don't crash since many many seasons so how do you explain it.

Zephyr

i never was saying 90% of crashes in F1 are cause of the game. Im saying in general. My game is up to date or i wouldnt be able to join the lobby. I use HW monitor and my max temp for CPU or GPU was 55C, i have 32gb ram and a clean SSD (games only), and i was running the same recording software i always use and i never crash with it (OBS).

im not trying to argue, all im saying is that a lot of the time it isnt the person whose game crashed fault. obviously u get final say but the whole point of having forums is to discuss what your opinion is. I've made my known and thats all i have to say

LAcadien

Premium Member
Just a little advise.. make sure you disable all your auto update features (windows, nvidia, AMD, anti virus etc..) most of the crash i saw was auto update related. And like Dark and Jerome said, keep your process at minimum.. and if you are on a home network, ask others to keep bandwitch use at minimum.. i only crashed once since im with PRL, (F1 2013) and it was with F1 2016, nvidia driver crashed. Since then, i disabled all my auto update features and no more crash for me after that.

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Just giving you all common reasons and those happen way more than crashes from the game itself.

Anyways no point arguing, its everyone's job to have their PC and game ready and fix any issues they have and most the guys won't have an issue with it because they don't crash and Jerome kept the mass disconnect if something goes wrong with the host or Steam.

Sucuri

This is marginally related, but if anyone is having hardware problems that seem mysterious, I highly recommend running the benchmark tool found at,

http://www.userbenchmark.com/

All of last season and the start of this season I have struggled with hardware bottleneck problems, leading to race ruining stutters. I found that my processor was holding me back. You can plan upgrades and builds based on user tests, which is a great feature. My buddy discovered that his 3400 RAM sticks were clocking a mere 2133, even tho his bios clearly stated 3400, one MOBO replacement later, he's up and running again.

Anyway, hope this helps!