Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Next Seasons car

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Ok gang we are gearing for another season as we just got the news we are coming back on Mondays!!! So with this said we want to keep this league fresh by introducing a new car each season, and we will also continue to hand pick our tracks which i know some of you really like! The series will remain a fixed setup for this next season, just because we think the majority enjoys the aspects of just showing up on race night, practicing, then racing.

So the car getting the most traction within management and organizers at the moment  is the Audi TCR. Give us some feedback, let us know if ya like it, or don't like it? Will you come back either way knowing it's only for 1 season in that car? Like i said we are only just gearing up at the moment, all in the planning stages. We look forward to what our group has to say about this topic, thanks for reading  :mrgreen:

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
I also want to allow the winner of the series to select a track for next season   :D, if that person does not plan on coming back we will slide down to the next top finisher for a selection 👍

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I’m down for the Audi. My buddy Phil is all about the Audi, so I’m pretty sure i can get him to sign up if that’s what we run.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Down for anything really but do think it would be cool to run some of the not used much cars. Mustang would be cool. Big thing I am happy about is fixed setups. Yeah the setups aren’t that great but I like the not having to practice a ton and when you do practice it is literally about the driving not working on the car.

pipofayolle

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I think the idea of ​​moving to the front wheel drive is excellent, even if it's a season, the TCR or the KIA are very good cars for a fixed season[/font]

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
Let's race Indy and put Paul on the waiting list!

It's things like this that get you nominated for a Nobel prize.  This is the most excellent idea I have ever heard in the history of ideas.  

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
paulwildridge said:
Down for anything really but do think it would be cool to run some of the not used much cars. Mustang would be cool. Big thing I am happy about is fixed setups. Yeah the setups aren’t that great but I like the not having to practice a ton and when you do practice it is literally about the driving not working on the car.

Paul I've been wanting to do a Mustang series, maybe in the future!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Mark Phile said:
paulwildridge said:

Paul I've been wanting to do a Mustang series, maybe in the future!

Hope we can. I enjoy doing some heel toe! And those things from what I can remember can take a good beating

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
I vote the TCR with fixed setups. Sounds great. I can probably get more participation from my team members with this car as they're hyped about it.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Let's take it down a notch people. The TCR was Cristelli's idea and frankly, we can't go around letting him think he had a great idea. Balance must restored!

I think the TCR will fit in nicely. It's a different animal to drive thanks to the FWD and with the fixed set up there's no worries about extracting the extra tenths through tuning.

Changing the car up and making our own schedule keeps things fresh. I'm hoping for those that choose not to stick around we will bring in new people. I'm also hoping my schedule eases up soon so I can get back to racing with you guys.

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I have a lucid moment once in a while. Nothing to get excited about.

I figure the Audi would be a good change of pace, and since a lot of people are not used to FWD cars, it may level the field a bit. The damage model and lower speeds allow for some door banging without ending everyone's race. Plus, it has a handbrake! I hope at least half the tracks have a tight hairpin. (Longbeach?) Then when I'm lapping by myself in the back I can at least go for style points. I was hoping we could include a rallycross track, but I tried it and no. This thing has NO traction on dirt.

Miker9253

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
I've been looking at a Australian Supercar to build in real life. A Puma they call it. They we going to try and move a series over here to the States with Camaro and Mustang bodies. Basically A Trans-am car built with more HP and WAY lighter with more Gadgets and tuneability. It fizzled out when Trans-am made its new push with multiple classes and new design 5 or so years back. I know of about 20 bodies and a few frames. One specifically has my attention.....

Anyway......

This post has stuck in my head for some time, then it dawned on me why last night when I saw an update for the car.

A fixed SuperCar Series would be awesome! They are like stock cars on Steroids and Meth at the same time!! Fast and Light with great handling for that style of car. Pretty stable from what I remember else where. Should be able to run them pretty hard and close without ending races with minor mistakes. I've not run them on the Iracing Platform yet but am going to soon.

Lets all start getting together another night and start testing some of these cars against one another.

Just my couple pennies thrown in the wishing well!

I'll be back regardless and have been having a blast racing with some of you guys! The competition has been perfect and is the only truly FUN racing I get all week when not in the real car

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I would prepare for it to be the Audi TCR. Supercar would be fun, but I suspect you'd see the attendance suffer.