Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• New rules were added in our sporting regulations regarding Pro/AM split!

Hi Guest, We have added new rules under our sporting regulations!

For quick reference, please consult the section 4 of our sporting regulations .

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Next Season

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Can we race stronger cars next season? These cars are too fragile to survive. I was thinking the Porsche Cup cars or maybe the F3.5? Can we discuss car choices?

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Sprint Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
If we manage to keep good attendance till the end of thethe season, there is no reason to change the car. 

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I agree with Jerome. As annoying as the meatball flag is, it has more to do with the driver behind the wheel than it does with the fragility of the car.

Many drivers in this league manage to race this car and not hit anything. I am not one of those drivers. Keeping a full grid is and always will be priority.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
The Porsche Cup car is popular car, maybe a vote to see if people want to keep the radical or change cars to see if there is more interest in that? I just feel like this car will always be a fragile piece of paper until the new damage model comes out

SharkV

Organizer
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
The Porsche Cup car is popular car, maybe a vote to see if people want to keep the radical or change cars to see if there is more interest in that? I just feel like this car will always be a fragile piece of paper until the new damage model comes out

We already ran that car, and we had to close the season because we were 3 cars running.

All can I say, is that we work hard to have a good series for Thursday night.  We  ran Pro Mazda, and it was popular for some times, but fade away.  We were like 5-6 guys at the end.  Then we tried the skippy, and it attracted some guys, and we had fun with it, but it is not a fun car to drive for 45 minutes race.

So we decided to try the Radical, and it was a success as sing-ups and for the 1st 2 races, 25+ drivers.  I don't see why we should go for another car because, maybe you can't drive it as you want to.  

And like Spock once said, 'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.'  “Live long and prosper.”

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I guess I'm speaking without knowing the history of the Thursday series. Maybe we need more setups to make it an easier car to drive.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Again, I wouldn't blame the setup or the car so much here.

Spend some time and watch the replays of certain drivers in this series. There is a lot to learn from guys like Gunderson, Phile, Hebert, McLachlan. The incident tallies for these guys is low, they finish races and score points.

Given that, there is nothing wrong with the radical or its setup. The challenge lies with the driver.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Sprint Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
If you need setup tips, I suggest you to hit as well the iracing forum in the Radical section.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
So to be 100% clear, will this car be used again next season? If unsure, what are the odds of it not being used again? Only asking because I want to take a shot at making my own skin for the car and since I've never made one before, itll take a long time and I'll want it ready for next season.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I can't 100% guarantee it. It all depends on having a full grid.

Make a paint anyway, its a lot of fun.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Personally I like the idea of rotating the car every season (as long as we don't drive that POS ford spec).  As an example, Pro Mazda next season, then perhaps a fixed GT3 car, then a V8 supercar.  I wouldn't mind an every other week multi-class endurance series.   

I would also prefer we vote on the schedule and not be dictated by the iRacing schedule, but I understand that it would be a lot of work to do.

You are always going to have your core group, so rotating the car will have the benefit of bringing in new people as well.  

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I agree with having a poll on both which car and tracks we use.
Not sure how many are following the Radical series, but I would assume it's no where near what it is for the Tuesday night series.
I personally prefer a GT3 series, and definitely not fixed .

SharkV

Organizer
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
Not sure how many are following the Radical series, but I would assume it's no where near what it is for the Tuesday night series.

Garry, 408 for Thursday and 587 for Tuesday, not a bad turnout for a 1st season broadcast on Thursday.

Also, we want a different type of car on Thursday, not GT type, because we already have one on Tuesday.  

Pro Mazda, we done it and were 4-5 running at the end.  It's a first that we still have 20+ car on Thursday after 2 races.  It take lots of effort to build a good community for one series, and I think we now have a strong one on Thursday.

We will see what we will do soon, pool or else.  We will keep you inform.

Thx for your feedback guys, it is very appreciated to see the you care about this series

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I understand the appeal to the radical but if people arent feeling it or losing interest, maybe ride the hype of the F3 appeal. I dont own it, I have the 3.5 but I heard it's fun to drive and easy to set up. Or if you want to use another free car, maybe the Ford falcon V8?

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I'm also not against doing GT3s for Thursday. I live my Audi R8 and have a solid setup for it. But I already know that there wont be a GT3 series because of the GTE series on Tuesday

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
There seem to be plenty of people in these races. I for one love driving this car and would be a lot less inclined to participate if it turned into another GTE / GT3 series. I love the F3 car and have a very close connection to it in real life but if you think that this thing is fragile, that thing should be far worse. It is in real life anyway. This is a challenging car to drive, that's the point though. I feel like this is a car that having a season or two in it will make a difference. Anyway, just my $.02.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
SharkV said:
Gary Schilling said:

Garry, 408 for Thursday and 587 for Tuesday, not a bad turnout for a 1st season broadcast on Thursday.

Also, we want a different type of car on Thursday, not GT type, because we already have one on Tuesday.  

Pro Mazda, we done it and were 4-5 running at the end.  It's a first that we still have 20+ car on Thursday after 2 races.  It take lots of effort to build a good community for one series, and I think we now have a strong one on Thursday.

We will see what we will do soon, pool or else.  We will keep you inform.

Thx for your feedback guys, it is very appreciated to see the you care about this series

I may be wrong, but it seems that after the Tuesday series was broadcast, there were a lot more drivers that wanted to participate (I have opinions on that but it's a don't ask unless you really want to hear it type).  I believe the same will happen with the Thursday series.  Granted, the GTE class is more popular than the Radical.  Perhaps a GT3 radical split class series?  Something that breaks the norm from the official series and PRL?  I also understand that by using the official series schedule you will have a better chance to get more participation, since people who want to run both don't have to muck about with setups (outside Radical since it's fixed).

What I liked most about the Skippy is I didn't have to practice the next track immediately after the race.  Push came to shove I could show up for the official practice session before the race and be somewhat competitive.  The Radical requires more practice, but not to the extent of the GTE cars, so it really is a good balance for me and I do recognize that others may require more or less.  

None of my feedback or suggestions is criticism of the current series or how it's run.  Believe me when I say I am very happy with the series, the people in it (except Overbay, dude needs a weight penalty and forced to bathe more than once a month to slow him down), and how it is run.