Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Next Season!

Thoughts on the car for next year?

• Keep the skippy! I love this car, don't change a thing!

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Keep the skippy, but add a pitstop just to mix up the strategy.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keep the skippy, but add a pistop and move to 45 minute races.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • We should switch to the Radical (fixed setup)! Now that this car is free, we should see decent grid

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • None of the above - I will submit my ground breaking idea below.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Gents - it is time to begin the discussion regarding next year. We have had some great racing this season and would like to see this group grow. Now is the time to share.

There have been a lot of things discussed out in the open as well as behind closed doors. As the PRL Thursday faithful, what do you want to see next season? I have summarized some of the options in the above poll. You can vote twice, as this many options may make it difficult to choose just one.

Also up for discussion, which ties closely to the poll results, is the schedule. Let us know what you'd like to see in terms of tracks. We'll likely put up another poll for some track choices once we have a few more details set.

I'm not trying to make any decisions at this point, but it would be good to get the ball rolling and see what the drivers would like to see.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I chose options 2 and 4 (also okay with 3). Im in for changing things up and making it more strategy based instead of just skill. Also, I suggest you use a good mixture of free and paid courses, preferably the ones i already own. I'm not a fan of rovals though, even if I like oval racing, keep them separate.

Mark Phile

Organizer
I say use the Radical, with a pit stop. I’m just not understanding why it would be a fixed setup? Seems silly to pay money to play Iracing but not use the tools provided to make our experience more enjoyable? Just my 2 cents if it means anything, if we switch to the Radical I think I will return.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
I think the Iracing series uses fixed setups for the Radical now which is why we probably would do the same but maybe that's an option. I like having the ability to modify a few settings for the car to fit my driving style a little better but the one advantage of fixed setups is you don't have to worry about building a set every week and it will keep the required practice time down.

No matter what car we decide on I would like to drop some of the less popular tracks and put a couple of fun ones on the schedule to spice it up. I don't really race the Iracing series so it makes no difference to me if we fallow the schedule or not.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Mark, Owen is correct in that it is fixed setup. I do like making setups as you can have a guy who is super quick but uses tires against someone with a steady setup but will have something for the end. But if we run fixed we will more than likely pull people that run the official series.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
2 and 4, A pit stop adds a little strategy to the skippy but really doesn't make that much of a difference imo. I tried the radical last night for the first time and love the thing, as for setups, it doesn't matter to me, I always use the default setup as I don't have the time to fiddle with things.

dan

Mark Phile

Organizer
I glad to see it looks like a lot of people want the Radical for next season! It would be nice if IRacing allowed a force tire change, that would be another little twist to add to the pit stop  :D. I need all the help I can get, maybe a fast guy or 2 would screw up a pit stop  :lol:.

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Mark Phile said:
I glad to see it looks like a lot of people want the Radical for next season! It would be nice if IRacing allowed a force tire change, that would be another little twist to add to the pit stop  :D. I need all the help I can get, maybe a fast guy or 2 would screw up a pit stop  :lol:.

Or more than likely you would just screw up more.... :D

Radical - Non fixed setups I like. I would absolutely share my setup to anyone who doesn't want to take the time to make a setup for the week. With this car, I have ran a few of the radical non-fixed setup league races. Everyone usually has one go to setup with just a few minor changes sometimes for each track. It really isn't much. 

John Unsbee

I voted Radical and yes fixed. I stopped running the Skippy for the same reason I stopped running it in official races. I was rammed in the rear and race ruined 4 straight races. The rear of that car is tissue paper.

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Yeah - agreed on that.

Come on back John. You can do some tappin' at Interlagos! You won't even have to buy me dinner.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
why not use a different free car every season? Or a common slow car. To my understanding, this series is meant to be less fast paced compared to the other series on here. It would be nice to use some of the free cars that I have never touched before. Suggestion for future seasons.