Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Next season car poll!!

Next season car

• GT4 Cars

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • GT3 Cars

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Porsche Supercup

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hey guys!

After two seasons in the GT4, we would like to poll the group if they would like a car change for the next season! Multiple selection possible in the poll.

Feel free to share here! 

Mark_MacDonald

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark MacDonald
iRacing ID
Just tossing this out there, seems like there might be a new LMP2 car coming soon and it would be sweet to have an all LMP2 series. 

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Mark_MacDonald said:
Just tossing this out there, seems like there might be a new LMP2 car coming soon and it would be sweet to have an all LMP2 series. 

Yes. Yes it would. I can suck just as much in an LMP2 as a GT3 (or GT4). :lol:

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Mark_MacDonald said:

This is supposed to be a "Fun Series" 
It takes a lot of skill to properly drive an LMP2 car which are high down force.
GT3's are much easier and forgiving. 
We already have GTE and Indy Car Series if you are looking for something like that.

Mark_MacDonald

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark MacDonald
iRacing ID
Uh... since when is this a “fun” series? Last season it seemed like everyone up front took it pretty seriously and watching a few of the broadcasts this season it seems like the same.
I do agree that there are basically easy setup series and complicated setup series within PRL, and the LMP2 will be more complicated. But GT3 isn’t exactly simple given that you have to tune the highspeed dampers or you lose a second a lap over the curbs. 

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Mark_MacDonald said:
Uh... since when is this a “fun” series? Last season it seemed like everyone up front took it pretty seriously and watching a few of the broadcasts this season it seems like the same.
I do agree that there are basically easy setup series and complicated setup series within PRL, and the LMP2 will be more complicated. But GT3 isn’t exactly simple given that you have to tune the highspeed dampers or you lose a second a lap over the curbs. 

It can be fun while still having strong competition . There will always be a handful that take it way too seriously .
I proposed a rating limit and was shot down. And as far as setup go, it's not that hard to find one and work it to suite your driving style.
We are working out all the details for next season. 
Stay tuned for updates.

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
Mark_MacDonald said:

It was supposed to be, originally. Mark and I had the idea to run a causal series in a relatively simple car. We wanted a night where guys didn't have to practice and tweak sets all week to be competitive. One where we could goof off on the radio and just have fun without anyone getting butthurt. Doesn't that sound nice?  But then the night got popular. We ended up with 40+ drivers and a waiting list, and suddenly there are a lot more voices that want to be heard. It went from what Mark and I originally had in mind to whatever the league consensus wanted. Now we'll end up with yet another broadcast GT3 series dominated by try-hards and participation down to half grid size by round 6. So much for doing something fun and different. 

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
The series started with a fixed set Cadi--Might have worked out if it was open set.
Then went to Radical
Then TCR
And currently GT4
Every season had a drop off after wk 6 if I remember correctly.
There was a vote and GT3  has received the majority correct ?
And I would have no problem if it were not broadcast, but that's what brings the sponsors.

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
We didn't run the Radical. That was Thursdays. We went Caddy, TCR, Porsche GT4 only, both GT4s. Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me. I was planning on bowing out this season, anyway. (Because we have a baby coming in 3 months, not because of the car vote.) I'm happy we were able to make Mondays another successful night for PRL, and I hope it continues. I'd just like to see a haven for the less mainstream car leagues, instead of everything being the flavor of the moment.