Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 1 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2022 Season 1 are currently open for all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Next Season and more

BrandonMassey

Name
Warning: This is going to be a long post.

[ul]
[li]Opening[/li]
[/ul]
As some of you are probably already aware, from looking at the forum views, we have mostly created the Season 8 forum and the new Truck Series forum. Obviously these are still locked and we are still tweaking the information contained inside of them as we finalize dates and the schedule and such. I figured there should be some official thing said about these so here we go. Sign ups for next season as well as the Trucks will open at the conclusion of the race on Sunday. Everything is already finalized, it's just a matter of Chris and I actually getting it correctly plugged into the new topics and making it all pretty. 

[ul]
[li]Truck Series[/li]
[/ul]
The trucks will now be known as the Wednesday series as it follows the PRL series naming template. Obviously this means the series will run on Wednesday with the standard session open time of 8 pm EST. This will be the old format of 20 minutes of practice, 5 mins Qualifying and the remainder allotted for the race. Fixed setups, no fast repair and it will run the same rules as the Sunday series but 45% fuel and the same schedule just with shorter lap lengths.

[ul]
[li]Xfinity Series [/li]
[/ul]
The Xfinity Sunday Series is not going to change much from how it was at the end of this season. We will still be operating on the massive overhaul we made after the Race Director system and penalty matrix was not functioning as intended. No new rules are being added for you to have to worry with. The biggest change is we are giving you guys a Chase style Nascar format. This is explained in the rule package on the Season 8 forums.

The biggest thing that is changing is the way recruitment of drivers functions, drivers joining mid season and the how the team dynamic will function. I will try my best to explain this and if it is still not clear, all of this will be covered in a drivers meeting.

[ul]
[li]Teams[/li]
[/ul]
Teams will mostly work how they always have. Season 8 will have a max field size of 40 but the max teams will be set to 10. This means that if 9 teams have 4 drivers each and 1 team decides to have 3 drivers, the field size will be 39. That being said, the max team size is 4 and the minimum will be 3. If a team decides they want to stay at 3, they only hurt themselves in the Team Championship.

[ul]
[li]Recruitment [/li]
[/ul]
Once our current roster of drivers sign up and we know which teams will come back and their number of drivers, we will start the normal Race Your Way In events. These will function similar but different to how they have in the past. For existing teams that need more drivers to fill their seats, we will run a draft style system for teams who want to participate. Starting from last in Team Championship points up to first, teams will be allowed to pick any driver from the events to fill a spot on their team. Once this is over, the remaining teams needed will be filled from the event in the normal fashion. 

In addition to this, you can also bring in someone to join your team and bypass this. If you know someone you want to be on your team and who wants to race here, simply extend them and invitation and let us know. They can then be given a seat to race on your team. This also applies mid season as well. If your teammate has to drop for any reason, you can swap another driver to your team and have them continue to earn points for your team. Once the season begins we would prefer to only pull drivers from the Wednesday Truck Series to fill team spots. However, exceptional drivers do exist and we will handle anyone bring brought from outside that series on a case by case basis.

[ul]
[li]Track State , Schedule and Fuel settings[/li]
[/ul]
At the time I am posting this the new schedule is already posted in the new forum but some of the laps need to be updated to correct. Next season track state in practice will be 0% , Qualifying will pull the practice state but clean the marbles and the race will pull the qualifying state so the track progresses dynamically as we use it. We will run 100% fuel as we begin getting lined up for Season 9 changes. In season 9 we will begin to follow the iRacing schedule. This will have numerous benefits from teams not needing to build 2 setups, more practices and races to test in and community posted setups for teams that lack a builder. 

[ul]
[li]Special Event[/li]
[/ul]
If you notice our next season schedule has Charlotte listed twice on it. The second Charlotte race will be an All Star race and not a Points or Incident limits counting race. Drivers from the Wednesday and Sunday series will all be invited to attend. This race will start slightly earlier using some of the usual 2 hour practice time we have as we will all have our setup from the previous week. The event will be a monster 200 lap race with everything from segmented racing to prizes for the top Drivers from points calculation following conclusion. More information about this event will be posted in the next season forums as it becomes finalized.
[ul]
[li]Final thoughts [/li]
[/ul]
Finally, I also want to take this time to apologize to any drivers who were messed up with the rules early into the season. Rules of a series should not change like they have mid season but with something that was actively hurting drivers and not being consistent in their implementation need to be fixed. It really hurt Chris when Sammy was deployed because he lost a wealth of experience in running this beast of a series. As a driver it was just as frustrating to me and I only became an Organiser again just a few weeks ago. The first thing Eddie and I did was entirely rewrite the rules. I can promise you guys that Eddie and I are back on the ball with this and next season there will be NO rule changes again mid season. We feel that we have a great package and tweaks to compliment Open Series racing and we look forward to bringing them to you.

BrandonMassey

Name
Feel free to comment and discuss as you wish. I felt it would be easier than trying to cover EVERYTHING before the race on Sunday and I feel that we all as a community have a right to know what to expect as soon as it is final.

BrandonMassey

Name
One more note I forgot to add was about the drop week.

Next season in the 8 regular season races, you have 1 freebie. This means your worst finishing race will be dropped by us at the conclusion of the regular season. If you have a bad race or you just have something to do, it gives you some ability to flex. The only exception is the drop week is not allowed during the Chase. This means if you are a chase contender and have a bad finish, you just had a bad finish.

Jeffery Ford

Name
Jeffery Ford
iRacing ID
Brandon i was looking at the chase format rules....

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Chase For A Champion:[/font]
[ul]
[li]Following Round 9 the Top 12 in points will be eligible to participate in the Playoffs. [/li]

[li]Race Winners during the regular season will get into the Chase.[/li]

[li]Remaining spots will be filled in by regular season points.[/li]

[li]Top 12 will have their points set starting at 1000 points, and go down from there. (ie; 1st - 1000 pts, 2nd - 998 pts, 3rd - 996 pts, etc.)[/li]

[li]Following Round 2 of the Playoffs, the bottom 6 of the contenders will be dropped from the championship picture.[/li]

[/ul]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I believe you should make an addition to it concerning win and your in the chase...you should add, win and your in the chase if you at least complete 50% of the races.  That way we avoid a guy coming in for 2 weeks and being in the chase.  Every other league has this sort of provision. For instance, in TYJ Dominoes win and your in, BUT you have to be in top 20 in points.....[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I think win and start 50% of seasons races would be a better way of doing it.  Talk amongst the other admins....just trying to avoid a guy coming in for a week and making the chase.[/font]

BrandonMassey

Name
That's actually a very valid concern and thanks for bringing it up. Will discuss and see what we come up with.