Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S2 - Series Information

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the PRL NASCAR Truck Series! The 2021/Season 2 Wednesday series will be held in the NASCAR C Class Fixed (Gander Trucks)!

This series is broadcasted by the Global Sim Racing Channel!

GSRC.png

Website | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter

Series organizers: Charles Sumner, Bradley Holly, Adam Young, Nicholas Hunter

INFORMATION & FAQ

When does the season start and end?
2021 Season 2 will start on March 24th and will end on June 2nd. There will be a break weeks on April 21st for the Nürburgring 24h.

When can I signup? Now! But note that signup will closed on March 17th.

How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.

Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9. There is no drop week for the Team Championship as it takes the top 2 finishes out of the 3 drivers for that race.

What day/time do races start? Races are on Wednesady. The session start at 6:10pm with the qualifying at 9pm (EDT).

How many seats are available? Number of seats will be announced on March 17th. We encourage you to signups, and you'll be refunded if you don't have a seat.

Is this championship broadcasted? Yes!!!

Is there any fees to signup? To help cover the cost of broadcasting, the fee will be $10 for the season. Once you've paid, you will be automarically added to the series registered drivers list. If you miss any races or drop out mid season, you will not be refunded any of the sign up fees you paid.

How can I register/pay? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, you need to click on your username at the top right in the forum header and then click on Account Upgrades. You will find all the series you can sign up to, after completing the transaction you will be automatically added to that series registered drivers list.

How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
  • Management staff
  • Series Organisers
  • Premium Member
  • New Driver
How can I subscribe to a Premium membership? Click here for more information about the Premium Membership!

Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? It is required to have a minimum of C 2.0 license for asphalt oval races (any other discipline will only require a D 2.0). There is no restriction for iRating at this time, but may change in the future.

Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.

How do I select which car I'm running? The car you will select at your first race is the one you must keep for the entire season. You will be DSQ if you join with a different car.

How are car numbers handled? Any returning league driver from the previous season has the rights to the number they used in that previous season, as long as they are signed up and pay their dues 1 week prior to the start of the season. All un-used numbers may be claimed in order of First-come, First-serve by this ranking: Premium<-Returning Driver<-New Driver. A returning driver may change their number if they wish, but fall into the order listed above by ranking. After ranking, the order is determined by sign-up order.

Can I use the paint I want? Yes, but you must respect the Racing Rules #15. Also, to support our sponsors, we may force a decal to the windshield banner of your car on the broadcast.

Can I join as a reserve or later in the season? No, we are not managing Reserve/Waiting list. We are not allowing new driver to join the series after season starts.

What is the structure of a race day?
  • Race Day: Wednesday
  • Practice: 6:10pm EDT (170 minutes)
  • Qualifying: 9pm EDT (5 minutes / 2 laps)
  • Race: 9:05pm EDT (laps / max. 60 minutes)
Is it open or fixed setup? 2021/S2 is fixed setups.

What is the schedule? We are following official iRacing NASCAR Class C Fixed series schedule. Can be review by management.

What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules Document you will find below.

RULES & SETTINGS

All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.

It is mandatory to read the rules document. If you are not following rules, you may received a penalty or be excluded from the series.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RULES DOCUMENT

REGISTERED DRIVERS

If you want to see the list of registered drivers, click here.

Last edited:

crocbait

Premium Member
Full Name
Marcus Miller
iRacing ID
I'm a new driver trying to get a seat in the Nascar Trucks, as well as the Indy Pro 2000. I have purchased a premium membership. It seems that returning drivers get dibs on a seat at the track. I respect how much work must go into setting all this up. Do I still need to pay the series fees (upgrade?) as well as the original premium membership fee? I also thought I was signed up for the leagues, but did I do it in the wrong place? Could someone guide me? Thanks much in advance!

chatley59

Premium Member
Full Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
I'm a new driver trying to get a seat in the Nascar Trucks, as well as the Indy Pro 2000. I have purchased a premium membership. It seems that returning drivers get dibs on a seat at the track. I respect how much work must go into setting all this up. Do I still need to pay the series fees (upgrade?) as well as the original premium membership fee? I also thought I was signed up for the leagues, but did I do it in the wrong place? Could someone guide me? Thanks much in advance!

Premium membership and the series fee (upgrade) are two different things. Once you "upgrade" the series, it registers you for the series you paid for. Until you do that, you are not registered for any series.

Rob Thomas

Premium Member
Full Name
Thomas A. Roberts
iRacing ID
Hey hows it going? Im a returning driver but havent been able to race for a few seasons and wanted to jump back into the mix. I upgraded my account but I cant find the option for the truck series. Things are a bit different from what I remember. What else did I need to do? Thank you in advance

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hey hows it going? Im a returning driver but havent been able to race for a few seasons and wanted to jump back into the mix. I upgraded my account but I cant find the option for the truck series. Things are a bit different from what I remember. What else did I need to do? Thank you in advance
Truck series signups is closed because we are full for 2021/S2 🙁

But we still have places for Sunday Cup Series 😊

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
@NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S2

Hey crew. For all returning drivers, we are using the same league as last season, so all of you are all set. For new members this season, I have sent out invites in iRacing for our specific PRL Sunday league which the sessions will be help in. Please reach out to me if you don't see the invite.

Also, here are some notes about car numbers for this season:
  • Greg Korzen, both the 11 and 25 are taken by returning drivers. Please reach out to me with another choice.
  • Marcus Miller, the 44 is taken by a returning driver, you will have your second choice, 81.
We do assign car numbers in the league so iRacing make sure no one's number gets accidently taken by another driver. For drivers using custom number paints, you must make your paint match your league number. Reach out to me if you have any questions.

Seca

Premium Member
Full Name
Brett Acord
iRacing ID
Unfortunately, I am going to have to withdraw from this season. My work commitments have changed and I won’t have race night free for awhile. Hopefully I’ll be able to join you all again next season.