Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series 2021/S2 - Series Information

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the PRL LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series! 2021/S2 will be multiclass and will feature the LMP2 (Dallara P217) and the GTE Cars (Ford GT - 2017, BMW M8 GTE, Ferrari 488 GTE, Porsche 911 RSR & Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE)

This series is broadcasted by the Global Sim Racing Channel!

Website | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter

Series Organizers: Kenny Rodriguez (Ken Rodriguez) & Cristian Eissler (Ozymandias)

INFORMATION & FAQ

When does the season start and end? 2021/S2 will start on March 23rd and end on June 1st. There will be a break week on April 20th for Nürburgring 24h.

How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.

When Can I signup? Now! But the signups will be closing on March 16th 00:00 EDT.

Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9.

What day/time do races start? Races are on Tuesday. The session start at 6:20pm with the qualifying at 9pm (EDT).

How many seats are available? Number of seats will be announced on March 16th. We encourage you to signups, and you'll be refunded if you don't have a seat.

Is this championship broadcasted? Yes!!!

Is there any fees to signup? To help cover the cost of broadcasting, the fee will be $10 for the season. Once you've paid, you will be automarically added to the series registered drivers list. If you miss any races or drop out mid season, you will not be refunded any of the sign up fees you paid.

How can I register/pay? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, you need to click on your username at the top right in the forum header and then click on Account Upgrades. You will find all the series and class you can sign up to, after completing the transaction you will be automatically added to that series registered drivers list.

How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
  • Management staff
  • Series Organisers
  • Premium Member
  • New Driver
How can I subscribe to a Premium membership? Click here for more information about the Premium Membership!

Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? It is required to have a minimum of B 2.0 licence, 1700 iRating for GTE and 2200 iRating for LMP2. This can be reviewed by organisers and managers.

Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.

How do I select which car I'm running? The car you will select at your first race is the one you must keep for the entire season. You will be DSQ if you join with a different car brand and car class.

Can I use the paint I want? Yes, but you must respect the Racing Rules #15. Also, to support our sponsors, we may force a decal to the rear wing of your car on the broadcast.

Can I join as a reserve or later in the season? No, we are not managing Reserve/Waiting list. We are not allowing new driver to join the series after season starts.

What is the structure of a race day?
  • Race Day: Tuesday​
  • Practice: 6:20pm EDT (160 minutes)
  • Qualifying: 9:00pm EDT (10 minutes, 4 laps solo)
  • Race: 9:10pm EDT (45 to 75 minutes)
Is it open or fixed setup? 2021/S2 is open setup.

What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules document.

What is the schedule? We are following official iRacing IMSA Sportscar Series schedule. Can be review by management.

What happens if iRacing adjust the BoP during the season? If the BoP is adjusted by iRacing during the season, we will allow drivers to change their car (1-time only) only if BoP happened before Round 5. Drivers will have one week (approx.) to do it and they can't revert it back.

RULES & SETTINGS

All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.

It is mandatory to read the rules document. If you are not following rules, you may received a penalty or be excluded from the series.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RULES DOCUMENT

REGISTERED DRIVERS

If you want to see the list of registered drivers, click here.

Last edited:

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
If I may be so bold... Why don't we run all the GTE cars? We have the space within the 7 car limit.
Attendance and registration wasn't optimal for 2021/S1 and we think it's mainly because we were following ESS schedule. Now we switch to IMSA again! We strongly think that having multiclass is still viable 😁

Last edited by a moderator:

DominicBegin

Premium Member
Full Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
Attendance and registration wasn't optimal for 2021/S1 and we think it's mainly because wenwere following ESS schedule. Now we swtich to IMSA again! We strongly think that having multiclass is still viable 😁
Hey Jerome,

I am wondering if there is a possiblity for new drivers ( Myself ) for this series or is there some rules that favor returning drivers in the series?

I might apply for this series too if there is room and girlfriend says it's a yes for 2 nights a week of racing :S

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hey Jerome,

I am wondering if there is a possibility for new drivers ( Myself ) for this series or is there some rules that favor returning drivers in the series?

I might apply for this series too if there is room and girlfriend says it's a yes for 2 nights a week of racing :S
Even if you haven't race last season, this season you are considered a returning driver. Since last season, there is no longer returning status, but we're rather opening signups a week in advance for returning drivers only. So that way, they show up on top of the list as soon as they become premium.

Yes you can sign up now for this series to get seat priority since you are a current in 2021/S1 drivers in any PRL series.

But make sure you read the rules, there is a minimum road iRating required for this series that is the most advanced PRL series! Strength of field is 3k this season 😉 With my 1700 irating (which is on the limit), I'm being killed in that series 🤣 but this is sooooo fun 😁

DominicBegin

Premium Member
Full Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
Even if you haven't race last season, this week you are considered as returning. Since last season, there is no longer returning status, but we rather open signups a week in advance for returning only. So that way, they show on top of the list as soon as they are premium.

Yes you can signup now for this series to get seat priority since you are a current 2021/S1 drivers in any PRL series.

But make sure you read the rules, there is minimum road iRating required for this series that is the most advance PRL series! Strength of field is 3k this season 😉 With my 1700 irating (which is on the limit), I'm being killed in that series 🤣 but this is sooooo fun 😁
Oh I dont have much hope for my position on the field I wont be competitive in road ( Im also around 1700 IR) Its just cause I started road racing and kind of love the series. I'll have a talk with gf and see if I can make it eheh

Full Name
Mac Miller
iRacing ID
Attendance and registration wasn't optimal for 2021/S1 and we think it's mainly because we were following ESS schedule. Now we switch to IMSA again! We strongly think that having multiclass is still viable 😁
I think Michael is saying you should consider allowing all the GTE cars to participate, and not just the ones in the IMSA series.

Poppn

Full Name
Joshua Lewis
iRacing ID
I see there is mention of registering as a team. Does this series have driver changes, or do the teammates run two separate cars?

It sounds like separate cars, but just want to confirm. Definitely inetested, looking for a weeknight league to run!

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Two teammate runs in their own car! Not force to same car, so you can driver the Porsche while your teammate can drive the Ferrari 😊 or both the Porsche hehe

Poppn

Full Name
Joshua Lewis
iRacing ID
Awesome, sounds good!

Looking at the current list of registered drivers, I might be out of my element with only a ~2k iRating. But I'll consider giving it a shot