Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Learn the Nordschleife in Under and Hour

pnewhook

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Peter Newhook
iRacing ID
I know it's yet to be 100% confirmed, but it looks like we'll be going to the Green Hell in week 1. I found this video series very helpful to learn the Nordschleife. It's not a turn by turn braking point guide, instead it's an explanation of the origins of corner names to help you remember the flow of the track.

Berny34

Name
Jacques Boucher
iRacing ID
I also have an old brain that has trouble remembering my phone number so the nordschliefe for me is a new track every lap. But since I like to say that iRacing is a racing simulator and not a racing game I would find it a shame to allow the driving line. But I can understand that you allow it and so much for me, but I wouldn't use it. I will consider the first race as my drop week

Jason E Larsen

Name
Jason E Larsen
iRacing ID
Until I joined PRL, I drove with the driving line on. PRL forced me off. I would never go back. While I dislike (for lack of better word), I don't care. ;)

Todd Lewis

Name
Todd Lewis
iRacing ID
I also have an old brain that has trouble remembering my phone number so the nordschliefe for me is a new track every lap. But since I like to say that iRacing is a racing simulator and not a racing game I would find it a shame to allow the driving line. But I can understand that you allow it and so much for me, but I wouldn't use it. I will consider the first race as my drop week
You've got a good bit of time before week 1. It is a long track that takes a long time to master but if you concentrate on sectors, it's more manageable. I originally learned it back in the day as a part of Gran Turismo which does this automatically as a part of a license test but wouldn't be a bad idea to go back to the pits after the first few sectors until you're comfortable past the half way mark. just a thought. Any points are better than no points. ;)