Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

All im going to say is prl is growing and moving  up to say the races suck your fn crazy.if people want to go back to fixed go head and have a bunch of caution.no fixed for me.im having fun again and prl and myself are moving up not a step back everyone will get better with setups just give it time we are all learning.so if people want to got back to fixed setups good luck guys.

Steven

Herad about it people talking about it for next season i think its no big deal people can just go back having cautions im good bud

Johnny Pierce

Premium Member
I am hearing this too steve. In an effort to keep our Sunday Night Races opened, I am going reveal some of my garage over at https://www.facebook.com/Sim-Tech-Racing-153267771388143/. I am gonna try to do a small video each week(After the race) to explain our build and why we built the car the way we did. I refuse to just hand setups out. Not cause I am greedy and selfish. I want guys to learn and that is the only way to get faster. The whole give a fish, teach to fish thingy :) Of course I am not the best or fastest on iracing, but those guys aren't sharing secrets anyway :)

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
Steven said:
All im going to say is prl is growing and moving  up to say the races suck your fn crazy.if people want to go back to fixed go head and have a bunch of caution.no fixed for me.im having fun again and prl and myself are moving up not a step back everyone will get better with setups just give it time we are all learning.so if people want to got back to fixed setups good luck guys.

We are not moving back to fixed setups until next season.  (I don't really know this)

And yes, the racing sucks.  I did the math on the martinsville race.  Only 7 or 8 guys finished on the same lap as the leader.  AND THATS WITH a ton of cautions. Had there been a green flag run there would have been ZERO cars on the lead lap.  

Had it went totally green the 2nd place car would have been almost 4 laps down.  This is by me factoring in the average time difference between kody and the 2nd fastest car (Ashby).  I am not counting the caution laps.  

So if you really think that thevracing has been good I don't know what to tell you. Sure, the fastest guys will always be fast, it's just the gap won't be as big. The interest and car counts will be at an all-time low by the end of the season.  Nobody wants to be lapped 3 or 4 times in a race.  Setups matter, and clearly the knowledge level is not there to run an open setup league.  

With that said, I certainly will not be quitting. I'll try learning. But to say the racing has been good is simply ridiculous.  Remember what I said, SECOND PLACE CAR ALMOST 4 laps down had we had a fully green flag run.  As it is, only a handful of cars finished on the lead lap and that's WITH  a driver getting the lucky dog every 4 laps due to a caution. 

Which brings me to the point you were also making about cautions and wrecks.  Really?  There were enough cautions last race to fill up an entire season last week. Fixed setups Durant bring cautions. What it does bring though is the gap between the best driver and worst driver a little closer. And if it brings more side by side racing THAT IS GOOD RACING.  Not this nonsense that we have seen so far this year. 

Good racing? Pffft. Not a single person here could say that without cracking a smile. 

The car counts by race 8 will be all you need to know if the racing is "good". 

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Setups had nothing at all to do with the cautions at martinsville. That was just people that didn't have enough patience. We had just as many if not more cautions on other short tracks when we use fixed setups. Just the way it is for our group of guys on short tracks. I love the open setups even though I have no clue what im doing. At least this way it lets me find a setup that handles the way I like for the way I like to drive. Way better than being stuck with a setup that doesn't work for you half the time. The guys that are good with setups are doing a lot to help out the guys that aren't. This is something to stick with for multiple seasons in my opinion before we think about changing anything. Personally, I'm having way more fun this season than in the previous ones that I was a part of.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Carsten Quint said:
Setups had nothing at all to do with the cautions at martinsville.  That was just people that didn't have enough patience.  We had just as many if not more cautions on other short tracks when we use fixed setups.  Just the way it is for our group of guys on short tracks.  I love the open setups even though I have no clue what im doing.  At least this way it lets me find a setup that handles the way I like for the way I like to drive.  Way better than being stuck with a setup that doesn't work for you half the time.  The guys that are good with setups are doing a lot to help out the guys that aren't.  This is something to stick with for multiple seasons in my opinion before we think about changing anything.  Personally, I'm having way more fun this season than in the previous ones that I was a part of.

Well said!

It's the first season we have with open setup. We need more than one season to see the real output results.

Why have we switched to Open Setup?
1st: Because when we designed the championship and started the signups, iRacing didn't provided fixed setup for all circuits, so we were screwed at this point. We cannot change the rules 1 week before the season start because we noticed iRacing finally updated their setup... We have start the signups open setup and a lot of drivers signed up for open setup, so it's open setup.

2nd: Last season, we had a lot of complains about having too much cautious. Now, except for Martinsville which I think it's lesson learned, we have less cautious and we still have people complaining... 

As for now, we will stay Open Setup for a few seasons, and all drivers who complain against it publicly on the forum will have a discussion with the management team. When you signed up, you all agreed to race under open setup condition, so be it and stop complaining...

I'm locking this topic to avoid any further comments about setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.