Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

iRacing General Discussion

xvalue

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 5, 2017
Messages
85
Location
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Hi all, I am getting into iRacing for the first time. I spent way too many years trying to play F1 2014 with a pad, and finally got my PC up to snuff and bought a wheel.

A few years ago, I entered into a few races with PRL in F1 2014, but I just couldn't race for that long with a gamepad. My hands took a beating.

I am thinking of either joining the Mazda Championship on Thursdays, or the Porsche on Tuesday. Having never driven the Porsche and being fairly new to iRacing, should I enter the Mazda season?

My lap times in the Mazda when I was getting through Rookie class were pretty consistent and now in the Skippy I am getting quick, but I do have trouble driving the CTS-V, which makes me think I need more time with less power.

I want to progress properly, and so don't want to get in over my head.....but I love that GT3.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
8,993
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
177904
You should sign up for both!! :p

But I think the Pro Mazda is the easiest car to drive, but the Porsche still provide a lot of fun though! THe Pro Mazda Series as well as we are doing road and oval race, it gives a good schedule variety :)
 

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
1,537
Location
Québec City, Qc, Canada
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
66775
TheBarneStorm said:
jeromef1 said:
Yeah just sent you an invite to join the league :)
Awesome! I see that you guys do the endurance events, but do you guys do like the Daytona 500 or the Indy 500? 

Hi,

Yes, some of us will race those, but I don't know who.

For endurence races, since it is a team event, it demands more preparation as  for setup choice, stint Schedule, team stratégies, communnications, etc.  Indy and Daytona are individual events.
 

bengreedy

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
10
Location
United States, NC
Is there anybody that races dirt that would be willing to spend 30 minutes to an hour with me today? I'm willing to pay. I need to prepare for an event that I'm racing in the midget series tonight, but I need some help.
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
8,993
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
177904
bengreedy said:
Is there anybody that races dirt that would be willing to spend 30 minutes to an hour with me today? I'm willing to pay. I need to prepare for an event that I'm racing in the midget series tonight, but I need some help.

Would have been happy to help you out but I never tried the dirt yet  :(  and don't have time :(
 

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2017
Messages
308
Location
USA, CT, Enfield
Hey guys,
I just got into iRacing, and while I'm having fun so far, I'd really like to get my license up so I can stop getting wrecked out of races by overzealous newbies. I'm also just getting back into PC gaming after being on PS4 for several years, so I could use some help getting up to speed (pun intended). I'm fine with most in-game stuff, but I haven't used teamspeak, or some of the other 3rd party programs that a lot of racers use. Is anyone willing to offer some guidance, and maybe invite me to some hosted races so I can get comfortable before I sign up for a league? I prefer road racing, BTW. Nothing against oval, just not what I'm looking for.

Also, I'm very interested in doing some endurance racing in either GTE or LMP1. If anyone is looking for a teammate, hit me up.
 

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
1,537
Location
Québec City, Qc, Canada
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
66775
TheGreatC81 said:
Hey guys,
I just got into iRacing, and while I'm having fun so far, I'd really like to get my license up so I can stop getting wrecked out of races by overzealous newbies.  I'm also just getting back into PC gaming after being on PS4 for several years, so I could use some help getting up to speed (pun intended). I'm fine with most in-game stuff, but I haven't used teamspeak, or some of the other 3rd party programs that a lot of racers use.  Is anyone willing to offer some guidance, and maybe invite me to some hosted races so I can get comfortable before I sign up for a league?  I prefer road racing, BTW. Nothing against oval, just not what I'm looking for.

Also, I'm very interested in doing some endurance racing in either GTE or LMP1.  If anyone is looking for a teammate, hit me up.

Hi

As organiser of the Tuesday GTE series, I can help you with what you need.  Just tell me when you are available and it will be a pleasure. 
 

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2017
Messages
308
Location
USA, CT, Enfield
SharkV said:
TheGreatC81 said:
Hey guys,
I just got into iRacing, and while I'm having fun so far, I'd really like to get my license up so I can stop getting wrecked out of races by overzealous newbies.  I'm also just getting back into PC gaming after being on PS4 for several years, so I could use some help getting up to speed (pun intended). I'm fine with most in-game stuff, but I haven't used teamspeak, or some of the other 3rd party programs that a lot of racers use.  Is anyone willing to offer some guidance, and maybe invite me to some hosted races so I can get comfortable before I sign up for a league?  I prefer road racing, BTW. Nothing against oval, just not what I'm looking for.

Also, I'm very interested in doing some endurance racing in either GTE or LMP1.  If anyone is looking for a teammate, hit me up.

Hi

As organiser of the Tuesday GTE series, I can help you with what you need.  Just tell me when you are available and it will be a pleasure. 

Awesome! Thanks!  I'll be on later tonight, but I'll PM you and maybe we can set something up. Thanks again!
 

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
795
Location
Canada, Toronto
Are there ever renewal deals?? I want to reactivate but the fact that new members get deals often but returning members don't kinda sucks.
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
8,993
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
177904
Actually no, but I think 2 or 3 times per year you can get renewal discount. I suggest you to follow iRacing on facebook. Also watch your email. They are always doing one for black friday though.
 

moogleslam

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
339
Location
USA
Okay, I am officially back in iRacing, and more importantly, iRacing in VR!

I wanted to focus on something easy to get into, so that's probably the Skippy for now.  Did some practice laps at Imola, and then this week's Road America, and while I'm a bit rusty, I am also very quickly nailing every apex, and judging everything easier than I ever have, thanks to the immersion of VR.

Also did a Street Stock race at Charlotte.  Qualified 3rd, and then took 2nd on lap 1.  Ran there for a half dozen laps in a very tight pack...... until I lost the back end with too much steering input while trying to avoid contact, then I spun, and took out half the field with me.  Oops.  Sorry :)
 
Top