Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Introduce yourself!

MBr

Name
I think it's nice to have a thread like this. It's a new site, and I have returned with a different name. I signed up in 2011 back when we were racing in F1 2011 with the name LITE992. Now, I use MBr as that's what I go by on Steam. It's been a year since I've been here last. Since then, I discovered a mystery-solving game called Danganronpa, a character of which is in my avatar.

TheGreatC81

Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I'll bite. I'm Dave. I just joined the forum today after racing with a couple members last night. I currently race in Project Cars 2 on PS4 with a G29 wheel, pedals, and shifter. In the future, I'm hoping to upgrade to a gaming PC, Oculus Rift, and maybe a Fanatec wheel/pedals/shifter setup. We'll see what this year's tax return brings. LOL.

I like to challenge myself and see where I stand against other drivers, so I try to keep things as close to real life as possible. If a car uses an H-pattern tranny and no assists, that's what I'll do in the game. Heel-Toeing is way more fun than just clicking paddles anyway. I think I'm fairly skilled (for a sim racer), but admit I still have a lot to learn and even more to practice before I'd call myself a "good race driver". I do my best to race clean and be a good sportsman. We're all here to have fun so there's no reason to be overly competitive.

I love LeMans style cars (LMP1 & 2, GT3 & GTE classes for example) and I've recently gotten more into Formula 1. But in the games, I've come to enjoy the lower classes and vintage cars as well. When you don't have gobs of power it forces you to learn more subtle techniques for going fast. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. I hope to meet more of you online, and have some fun races! See you on the track!

ibbopaul

Name
Welcome to PRL and Great idea for discussion. :)
I'm Paul 35, been part of PRL since 2012, I'm an Unemployed Accountant technician, enjoy sim racing, saxophone and mountain biking, use a G29 wheel and race mostly on PS4 do really enjoy iRacing but when money is tight I stop that till I can again. Current PC is an old gaming one with Hamster wheel I feel sometimes inside instead of RAM. :) I'm a slow racer usually 3 seconds a lap off others, I enjoy wheel to wheel battles more then anything if I can catch people.

DaveS

Name
Dave Slee
iRacing ID
Hi all,
Just signed up a couple of days ago and am looking forward to racing with you in the Skippy series. I have been sim racing for well over 20 years and have been an active member of the Champion Motorsport League since 2009. racing in iRacing, rFactor, A/C, as well as Automobilista and I've administrated and managed multiple series with the league.  Over the years I've picked up a lot of bad driving habits and I've decided to step back and spend some time attempting to relearn how to drive a sim racing car properly again with the Skippy.  I stumbled upon your post in the iRacing Private League Forum and found you had a Skippy series starting up so I signed up.

I might not be able to make tonight's pre-season practice but I'm more than willing to host a few practice sessions over the series

Cya on track
DaveS (aka Dave Slee)

doubletuff

Name
Jerry Hope
iRacing ID
Hello all, very excited about the season 11 Projects Cars 2 PSN 4, this will be my first league I have raced in. My over all goal this first season is to learn from the experience drivers and finish every race. Jerry Hope PSN doubletuff53. "O" by the way I got my profile name " doubletuff" by a fight promoter in Miami when I was a amateur fighter.

ab53moh

Name
My name is Andy and I just signed up.  I have raced with GT 6 and GT Sport, F1 2016 & 2017. I like racing against real people but the GT Sport online racing leaves much to be desired.  Have pre-ordered F1 2018 and would to do some league racing if it fits my schedule.  I use a controller, auto tranny, and brake assist but am currently weaning myself off traction control.  I am not the fastest and hope there are leagues where I can be a bit competitive.  I am also at the moment agonizing over spending the money on a wheel and stand, I am just not sure if it will make me that much better of a racer.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Welcome aboard Andy. On the American side for PS4, we have an F1 League on Thursday if that fits your schedule. Our league have a variety of speeds of drivers within them, so you'll find some good clean racing no matter where you are in the field. If I may offer some advice since you are new to the league racing scene, set realistic expectation to maximize your enjoyment in the league. In the Thursday League, we have a couple guys who fight for world record in time trials on PS4, so instead of aiming to win out of the gate, shoot for Top 10s, then aim for Top 5s once you are in a groove, then set your expectations for victories. Wins in the PRL are hard to come by for any driver, so I offer that advise to help you on your journey and not be discouraged if you don't find the top of the podium right away.

As for controller vs wheel, that is all on you my man. We have champions in both styles, so I would say stick with the sticks for now, and then maybe look at a wheel if you feel it is necessary once you get your feet planted.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
doubletuff said:
Hello all, very excited about the season 11 Projects Cars 2 PSN 4, this will be my first league I have raced in. My over all goal this first season is to learn from the experience drivers and finish every race. Jerry Hope PSN doubletuff53. "O" by the way I got my profile name " doubletuff" by a fight promoter in Miami when I was a amateur fighter.

And we have you in the PSN chat Jerry for the GT3 League. Make sure to pop in a get to know everyone since we will be picking cars and teammates on Tuesday. That chat is the main form of communication for the league.

PaulCox

Name
Gday guys and Gals, thought id pop in and say hi...Names Paul new to sim racing as is my wife Michelle. We have 1 F1GT rig and a GT Ultimate both with Fanatec csl elites.
We LOVE F1 get to Melbourne every year for it and both love sim racing. Heard about u guys from a terrific racer and gentleman El Majacko ( who by the way kicks my ass :)  ) so thanks mate.
Look foward to getting into a lower division F1 league....
see yas on track :mrgreen:

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory A Clark
iRacing ID
Hey all, jumping to say "hi" and that I hope to get in on the next season of PRL for the American iRacing Tuesday series.
I've been sim racing heavily since the start of this year although I have been playing racing games, sim or otherwise, for many years. Mostly F1201x series but have recently fallen out of it since starting iRacing.
I have a F1GT rig with Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 steering wheel and base paired with the CSL Elite V3 pedals. Also running in VR using the Rift.  I built my newest PC just a month or two ago with an i7-8086k on a Maximus X Hero (WiFi-AC) boarding. Has been overclocked to 5.2 and is super stable and runs very cool. 32 gigs of 3200 ram OC to 3300. Have a GTX1070 FE for iRacing and a GTX970 SSC for my three other monitors for running my every other day games and programs.

Looking forward to racing and learning a lot from everyone so I can get faster and be a top runner, hopefully.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Kirru said:
Hey all, jumping to say "hi" and that I hope to get in on the next season of PRL for the American iRacing Tuesday series.
I've been sim racing heavily since the start of this year although I have been playing racing games, sim or otherwise, for many years. Mostly F1201x series but have recently fallen out of it since starting iRacing.
I have a F1GT rig with Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 steering wheel and base paired with the CSL Elite V3 pedals. Also running in VR using the Rift.  I built my newest PC just a month or two ago with an i7-8086k on a Maximus X Hero (WiFi-AC) boarding. Has been overclocked to 5.2 and is super stable and runs very cool. 32 gigs of 3200 ram OC to 3300. Have a GTX1070 FE for iRacing and a GTX970 SSC for my three other monitors for running my every other day games and programs.

Looking forward to racing and learning a lot from everyone so I can get faster and be a top runner, hopefully.

Welcome to PRL! You will received an email when the signups of next Tuesday Series season will be up? Have fun here! 

Rem Ambruosi

Name
SharkV said:
Rem Ambruosi said:
Lol, I actually came back because I think its a top League with a lot of respect on track, and also to catch up with a few drivers I remember from back when....As for Sebring, only 2 weeks till race day, a bit late for me jumping in a team now.